Would This Philosophy Lead to World Peace? | World Defense

Would This Philosophy Lead to World Peace?

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Posting a bit about the etymology of "Why," I was led to state my personal view of 'the human purpose'; and I saw that my philosophy there is less "take-take-take" and more "accept as gift"---where most people's idea of 'their job' is "to make money to make others do work to make money to make still-others work to make money to make ... etc. etc," my idea of 'their job' is 'to do what they can so that I don't have to (as I do what I can so that they don't have to).'

Managers & employers etc. give the salaries in order to keep the employed 'alive' to continue to do their job there---maybe they're paid MORE in that position, but it shouldn't matter to any employees; the managers-etc. are just 'doing the paying' so that no one below them has to.

I think--if we operate from that view & we teach our children/students/followers to do the same--many wars can be avoided ... You agree?

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
In theory, that's going to work. In practice, I don't think so. The human mind is more complicated than what you made it out to be. Even twins with the same parents, brought up under the same environment, educated in the same school and made to watch the same shows, always end up so different from each other. How much more different children exposed to the same stimulus?

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I reckon it would be a good idea, but the human mind and heart want things now even if it may not be right and also can be hard to know what it wants at times. The battle of the mind is hard to overcome as, it has conflict and ego at times and tends to make haste choices without consequences at times. I think it cold work, but would take and patience to do this and depending on people and if they want to have peace this way or still have wars.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I reckon it would be a good idea, but the human mind and heart want things now even if it may not be right and also can be hard to know what it wants at times. The battle of the mind is hard to overcome as, it has conflict and ego at times and tends to make haste choices without consequences at times. I think it cold work, but would take and patience to do this and depending on people and if they want to have peace this way or still have wars.
That's why 'freedom of speech' is such a dangerous thing. It might be better to put age-limits on some information (like there are on movies, TV & alcoholic drinks).

mikka254

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Kenya
I think here you are talking in terms of resources and we're already at that point. Wars used to be fought because of land and resources but these days it's all about politics and power.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
In theory, that's going to work. In practice, I don't think so. The human mind is more complicated than what you made it out to be. Even twins with the same parents, brought up under the same environment, educated in the same school and made to watch the same shows, always end up so different from each other. How much more different children exposed to the same stimulus?
A famous quote comes to mind: "Be the change you long to see in the world." Thinking that out: If you are consistent in your philosophy as you gain more-&-more power, people will see-&-adopt your ways in order to attempt to be more like you.

elmarianexx

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Netherlands Antilles
People are searching for lots of philosophies that would lead the world to complete peace, but I don't think that it's possible, at least not completely. There will always be countries/people that will have some cold wars with each other, but your idea isn't bad, might work out.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
As long as humans exist on the face of the Earth then we will never have world peace. It is just human nature to desire what others have or to feel that one is entitled to much more than what one has and therefore the desire to fight for that which is believed to be theirs, will always make world peace just a wish which will never come true.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
As long as humans exist on the face of the Earth then we will never have world peace. It is just human nature to desire what others have or to feel that one is entitled to much more than what one has and therefore the desire to fight for that which is believed to be theirs, will always make world peace just a wish which will never come true.
I feel the urge to say "Judge not, lest ye be judged." But I'm afraid that my reasoning there is as 'corrupted' as anyone else who is judging ... I might say, 'Maybe that's what you would do, but not me,' but I don't know; the reality of situations removes whatever 'theoretical response' I could give (Oh, I'll claim I wouldn't "fight to get back what I think someone stole from me"; but ... I started a thread in another forum asking 'What Kind of People Make 'Fast-Food Manager' Their Goal-Career-in-Life?' and some girl responded that I-personally must have a dark, evil, corrupted psyche; and rather than respond with a high-minded 'I am simply presenting the facts here & asking about the conclusions that might be reached,' my response was a variation of "I know you are, but what am I?"

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
It's a great philosophy. But humans are ,by nature, barbaric. The only chance of world peace is total extinction of mankind