WWII Vintage Photo | World Defense

WWII Vintage Photo

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
bataan.gif

This is the death march during the world war 2 in Bataan, Philippines. American Soldiers and Filipino Soldiers marched to death because they were imprisoned by the Japanese that time. This Death March is historical making deaths of both American soldiers and Filipinos.

photo From listverse

Last edited:

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like it would be a great photo Jade but sadly, it's too small to see. I made this mistake when I first joined too. All you need to do is click on the "Full Image" button which appears once the pic has uploaded and it will appear larger in your post. HTH : )

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
To be honest with you I had no idea the Philippines were involved in the war at all. That's incredibly interesting because it's kind of common sense when you think about it the Philippines is right next to Japan. I will understand why never made that assumption.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
This is absolutely heart-breaking! These men gave their all for a great cause! I had an uncle who was stationed in the Philippines during the war.

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Looks like it would be a great photo Jade but sadly, it's too small to see. I made this mistake when I first joined too. All you need to do is click on the "Full Image" button which appears once the pic has uploaded and it will appear larger in your post. HTH : )
thanks for the information. i edited the post and i now edited it to full image. I hope the image would go well on others :D thank you

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
To be honest with you I had no idea the Philippines were involved in the war at all. That's incredibly interesting because it's kind of common sense when you think about it the Philippines is right next to Japan. I will understand why never made that assumption.
Yes, Japan is just nearby our country, it just in the northeastern part. We, Philippines, were involved because at that time, the US Government is ruling us. We were then attacked by the Japanese and we lost the battle though this leads American General McArthur to flee. He needed to flee to fight the Germans on Europe .. after the war in the west, Gen. McArthur came back with many soldiers beating the Japanese ass.. That was around 1945, my lolo was one of the Filipino soldiers who teamed up with the Americans that is why i kinda know the story :D

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is absolutely heart-breaking! These men gave their all for a great cause! I had an uncle who was stationed in the Philippines during the war.
I guess your Uncle must be in teamed up with my Grandfather that time. my grandfather fought the Japanese though he was not part of the Death march. He is pretty lucky to survive the hands of the Japanese

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 711

This is the death march during the world war 2 in Bataan, Philippines. American Soldiers and Filipino Soldiers marched to death because they were imprisoned by the Japanese that time. This Death March is historical making deaths of both American soldiers and Filipinos.

photo From listverse

I've got a book on this called ghost soilders. These men were hero's and they went through so much. The picture isn't actually a picture of the march. Its bodies being carried to a mass gravee. Some of the bodies were so full of puss that they would burst all over the people carrying then.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I guess your Uncle must be in teamed up with my Grandfather that time. my grandfather fought the Japanese though he was not part of the Death march. He is pretty lucky to survive the hands of the Japanese
Yeah maybe! It IS a small world! My uncle was lucky as well. He came out of the war, scarred but alive, as did my father.

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah maybe! It IS a small world! My uncle was lucky as well. He came out of the war, scarred but alive, as did my father.
I think wars are the hardest on people. My grandad was a POW in the Bangladesh war. He was imprisoned for 4 years. 2 of which my grandma didn't know if he was alive. Wars are horrid.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the information. i edited the post and i now edited it to full image. I hope the image would go well on others :D thank you

Cheers Jade, that picture is fascinating! What a terrible thing for those men to have to do - carry the bodies of the dead towards their own gruesome fate. It makes me very grateful that we are not at war with anyone right now (although that could easily change).

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
That's it? Only one picture!

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Cheers Jade, that picture is fascinating! What a terrible thing for those men to have to do - carry the bodies of the dead towards their own gruesome fate. It makes me very grateful that we are not at war with anyone right now (although that could easily change).
Though i believe there is a big possibility for World War 3 seeing these threats every where. I can also see that there are lots of global groups causing terror on this planet .. too bad and i just pray that WW3 will not come

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Though i believe there is a big possibility for World War 3 seeing these threats every where. I can also see that there are lots of global groups causing terror on this planet .. too bad and i just pray that WW3 will not come

Sometimes, I think it's the only solution to the current situation. I can't see how else ISIS etc. can be stopped and whilst the thought of going to war is abhorrent, it might turn out to be our only option.