xenophobia attacks in South Africa | Page 2 | World Defense

xenophobia attacks in South Africa

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
It is sad because we have such a beautiful country and it is just getting put to ruins, we are all hoping that it wont end up like Zimbabwe or other parts of Africa which went to ruins

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Does South Africa not have strong supporters? The UK or the US?

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I think that South Africa has China as an ally and this is something that is scary. Not too sure if the government has been doing there job with making friends in other countries but they did help Gadafi at some stage too so it is time for a new government!

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
It looks like some Africans are on the survival mode. What's happening there is part of their culture particularly that mentality of "me first before you." With the attacks, it seems like some people are laying claim to the territory that they do not want to share with their countrymen.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
Africans are very territorial and they believe that the land belongs to them and nobody else and this is why we have had so many problems in the past. They do not want anyone here but Africans that were born here and anyone else is not welcome, this is not everyone but most believe this which could lead to a civil war at some stage but for now hundreds of farmers are being slaughtered for their land.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Africans are very territorial and they believe that the land belongs to them and nobody else and this is why we have had so many problems in the past. They do not want anyone here but Africans that were born here and anyone else is not welcome, this is not everyone but most believe this which could lead to a civil war at some stage but for now hundreds of farmers are being slaughtered for their land.
That's got to be horrible for you! Have you had any issues or are you pretty safe?

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
We are fine where I am but the farmers are not safe anymore and many have had their lives threatened or they have been murdered. It is shocking and they say it is a white genocide which nobody is taking seriously but it is happening!

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
We are fine where I am but the farmers are not safe anymore and many have had their lives threatened or they have been murdered. It is shocking and they say it is a white genocide which nobody is taking seriously but it is happening!
I couldn't imagine being in that situation. I mean, what can you do? Give up the farm and starting over with your family, someplace safer? Or do you buy more guns?

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
You cant buy guns and start a war but at the same time to feel safe means to get out of the farms and find a safer place. I haven't owned a farm but for those that do, carry them on for generations and it is difficult to just let go of a family home but if it means your safety is a risk then I would leave in a heartbeat.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
You cant buy guns and start a war but at the same time to feel safe means to get out of the farms and find a safer place. I haven't owned a farm but for those that do, carry them on for generations and it is difficult to just let go of a family home but if it means your safety is a risk then I would leave in a heartbeat.
For the farmers around here, and I imagine its the same there, their farm is their entire lives. They are devoting themselves entirely to it. 4am until 8 or 9 pm is work for them. Unless a heifer goes into labor. Then you may not get to sleep until midnight or later. And the ones I know never complain. This is the life they chose and they love what they're doing.

So,that being said, it breaks my heart that people are getting kicked off their farms. In essence, getting booted from their own lives

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
That is true, my uncle had a farm and he would never leave it, the kids that grew up there lived a completely different life to us city kids and that was their home and the way of life that they could not do without. They had to move away as it got too dangerous for the kids but life just wasn't the same for them after that and my uncle sort of lost that light that he had. It is very sad to have to be forced out for safety reasons and to come out to the city when you are a farmer is no life at all.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
That is true, my uncle had a farm and he would never leave it, the kids that grew up there lived a completely different life to us city kids and that was their home and the way of life that they could not do without. They had to move away as it got too dangerous for the kids but life just wasn't the same for them after that and my uncle sort of lost that light that he had. It is very sad to have to be forced out for safety reasons and to come out to the city when you are a farmer is no life at all.
I've lived in the country most of my life. My grandparents had a pig farm, a really good friend of the family has a huge dairy farm. My grandfather worked on his farm, broken hip and broken arms, frostbite on one of his toes, it didnt matter. Until the day he was physically unable to go out there and do anything. The farmer down the road is in his mid 60s and has Parkinson's diseas. He runs that entire farm with the help of one of his sons, and that's it. My husband has a standing offer that all it takes is a phone call and he'll be down there to help with whatever. This man wants to do it all himself.
Farming isn't just a job. And I bet everyone of the families who had to leave theirs lost that light like your uncle did. I really am heartbroken for each and everyone of them.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
It is a very sad life that they have but the good news is that they get to give up the farms, some of them with keeping their lives and the sad part is that so many have been killed for their land and nothing has been done about it. It is a genocide that is being ignored.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
It is a very sad life that they have but the good news is that they get to give up the farms, some of them with keeping their lives and the sad part is that so many have been killed for their land and nothing has been done about it. It is a genocide that is being ignored.
that isn't anymore acceptable than the Sudan or nazi Germany. Why has no one stepped in and said "not gonna happen"? Having to give up your entire life should NEVER be the good side...

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
Yes I have a conspiracy theory about why nobody ever steps in. Funny how USA steps in when its Iraq or a place of financial value; oil. South Africa has nothing to offer them and this is why they wont step in until it is too late and the world is forced to see the inhumane acts.