Yemeni president calls for peaceful protests | World Defense

Yemeni president calls for peaceful protests

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
The president needs, to be sure what he is doing is right, and it looks like talks have stopped and both sides are fighting and also it is going to be interesting to see what happens further on. The president is determined to fight the rebels and peaceful protests may work but needs to be safe to do so otherwise there will be mobs attacking at the time. I hope the fighting is stopped, and peaceful protests can occur so people can have peace as well and also it will be good to see what happens in coming days.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
The president needs, to be sure what he is doing is right, and it looks like talks have stopped and both sides are fighting and also it is going to be interesting to see what happens further on. The president is determined to fight the rebels and peaceful protests may work but needs to be safe to do so otherwise there will be mobs attacking at the time. I hope the fighting is stopped, and peaceful protests can occur so people can have peace as well and also it will be good to see what happens in coming days.
I agree. I hope the fighting stops, too. The problem, though, is even in America, where we have a constitutional right to peaceful assembly, it rarely turns out peaceful when its all said and done. If it happens here I imagine it'll end up in a mob just like you said.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Calling for a peaceful protest and actually getting one are two entirely different things of course.

Sometimes I feel that if protesters are just left to it, then a lot of the time the protest do go off without incident. It's when leaders and politicians get involved by calling for calm or the opposite and try and ban protests all together, that's what causes the problems.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Calling for a peaceful protest and actually getting one are two entirely different things of course.

Sometimes I feel that if protesters are just left to it, then a lot of the time the protest do go off without incident. It's when leaders and politicians get involved by calling for calm or the opposite and try and ban protests all together, that's what causes the problems.
Definitely! Just look at Occupy Berkley a few years back. A peaceful protest turned violent mess when the cops got involved with night sticks and pepper spray. That, of course, is just one of many examples.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Here in the UK, we see that type of thing on a regular basis. A peaceful protest often turns into chaos due to heavy handed policing tactics.

I know a lot of the time the protesters don't help themselves because instead of having just one demo, they'll have a few spread out in different parts of the city, stretching the police even further instead of working with them.