3 army officers found guilty of abuse of authority, involvement in illegal activities | World Defense

3 army officers found guilty of abuse of authority, involvement in illegal activities

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Three majors of the Pakistan Army have been found guilty of indiscipline and misconduct charges, including abuse of authority and involvement in illegal activities, Inter-Services Public Relations announced on Friday.

"Upon [being] found guilty of the charges levelled against them, all three [have been] dismissed from service while two [have] also [been] awarded rigorous imprisonment for two years each," the military's media wing stated.

"Charges included misuse of authority and involvement in illegal activities unbecoming of an officer," the ISPR said.

The exact nature of the charges have not been specified, however, and it remains unclear exactly what the three officers were found guilty of.

In August, Army Chief Gen Qamar Bajwa had ratified life sentence for an army officer after he was found guilty of misusing authority.

“Pakistan Army alive to its institutional accountability system has dismissed the officer from service and sent him to jail for life,” a brief statement issued by ISPR had said without naming the person against whom the verdict had been given.

Earlier in May, a former army officer retired Brig Raja Rizwan and a civilian official of a military institution Dr Wasim Akram were sentenced to death, and a 14-year jail sentence was given to retired Lt Gen Javed Iqbal for espionage.

Those officers were tried under the Pakistan Army Act (PAA) and Official Secrets Act.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why this news needs be reported in a national newspaper? It's not something odd or unusual, that is happening for the first time.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Three majors of the Pakistan Army have been found guilty of indiscipline and misconduct charges, including abuse of authority and involvement in illegal activities, Inter-Services Public Relations announced on Friday.

"Upon [being] found guilty of the charges levelled against them, all three [have been] dismissed from service while two [have] also [been] awarded rigorous imprisonment for two years each," the military's media wing stated.

"Charges included misuse of authority and involvement in illegal activities unbecoming of an officer," the ISPR said.

The exact nature of the charges have not been specified, however, and it remains unclear exactly what the three officers were found guilty of.

In August, Army Chief Gen Qamar Bajwa had ratified life sentence for an army officer after he was found guilty of misusing authority.

“Pakistan Army alive to its institutional accountability system has dismissed the officer from service and sent him to jail for life,” a brief statement issued by ISPR had said without naming the person against whom the verdict had been given.

Earlier in May, a former army officer retired Brig Raja Rizwan and a civilian official of a military institution Dr Wasim Akram were sentenced to death, and a 14-year jail sentence was given to retired Lt Gen Javed Iqbal for espionage.

Those officers were tried under the Pakistan Army Act (PAA) and Official Secrets Act.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why this news needs be reported in a national newspaper? It's not something odd or unusual, that is happening for the first time.
Accountability across the board?

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Accountability across the board?

Across the board accountability in a society like Pakistan, is "Dewanay ka dream". There is no truth to that. Recently this government tried a fake case drama on Khawaja Asif. Dismissing three Majors is not a strong message by the way.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Nobel intentions but these type of news are good hathyaar for noon league to use....Noonies are already desperate.
Donkey meat can cloud your judgement, so just ignore them. On a realistic level, from what I know of PA, useless officers are usually retired / skipped for promotion, once they reach Major / Lt.Col rank. So I'm not surprised this happened, as it should.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Donkey meat can cloud your judgement, so just ignore them. On a realistic level, from what I know of PA, useless officers are usually retired / skipped for promotion, once they reach Major / Lt.Col rank. So I'm not surprised this happened, as it should.
OMG, until now i had a feeling that all the Retd Majors i have met uptil now, found something common in them such as laziness, 'sunn' dimagh, (off course not all and i am not generalizing here) and i used to think "Yar mujhe andaza hai ke ye saheb retire kyun hoe", read your comment, laughed a lot on this one person i personally know who acts quite silly and unnatural like tom & jerry, he came to my mind. So on a serious thought, your comment backed my stance

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
OMG, until now i had a feeling that all the Retd Majors i have met uptil now, found something common in them such as laziness, 'sunn' dimagh, (off course not all and i am not generalizing here) and i used to think "Yar mujhe andaza hai ke ye saheb retire kyun hoe", read your comment, laughed a lot on this one person i personally know who acts quite silly and unnatural like tom & jerry, he came to my mind. So on a serious thought, your comment backed my stance
|0||0||0|

Al Anqa’a

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Pakistan
true, but other side of the picture is Brigadier / Air Commodore upwards ranks diplomacy plays a part. Most of the very honest straight forward officers are retired at this stage as well.

Al Anqa’a

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Who is not desperate at the moment in Pakistan?
some are desperate to paint Pakistan, its Govt and Army in a bad way and behaving like Pak enemies and some desperate to defend Pak at any cost, some desperate to survive like always no matter who is in Power, some desperate to prove loyalties and make biryani dabba hallal.

Armed forces are trying to project positive image but majority of public is not mature enough.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
some are desperate to paint Pakistan, its Govt and Army in a bad way and behaving like Pak enemies and some desperate to defend Pak at any cost, some desperate to survive like always no matter who is in Power, some desperate to prove loyalties and make biryani dabba hallal.

Armed forces are trying to project positive image but majority of public is not mature enough.
So everybody is desperate and illiterate there and literacy only survives in armed forces. That's amazing.

Al Anqa’a

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Pakistan
So everybody is desperate and illiterate there and literacy only survives in armed forces. That's amazing.
Positive and/or Negative desperation.
as a Pakistani what we need to do ? what is your desperation? you can go ahead and start full throttle about Pak Army corruption and ills, if that is the need of the hour and it serves the purpose and strengthen the nation.

their is a reason Army has its own systems to catch and punish....

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Positive and/or Negative desperation.
as a Pakistani what we need to do ? what is your desperation? you can go ahead and start full throttle about Pak Army corruption and ills, if that is the need of the hour and it serves the purpose and strengthen the nation.

their is a reason Army has its own systems to catch and punish....
Exactly, out of all the institutions/General Public, nothing matches to literacy or rather literacy APPLIED level of Military, Our people are Straightforward jaahils or paray likhe jahil who are enclosed in their puny street mindset and assume everything to be what they believe and lack common sense

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Our people are Straightforward jaahils
Who in this world comes out of her mother's belly as a learned person?
and whose responsibility is there to bring people out of ignorance?

Al Anqa’a

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Exactly, out of all the institutions/General Public, nothing matches to literacy or rather literacy APPLIED level of Military, Our people are Straightforward jaahils or paray likhe jahil who are enclosed in their puny street mindset and assume everything to be what they believe and lack common sense

Brainwashing showing its results, roshan khayali, jamhoriyyat kay rakhwalay, liberals turned against Army.....

Just see how how our neighbours behave when it comes to their country, Army and leadership and how we Pakistanis behave, then want to know whats going wrong and why no one takes us serious in this whole world......