Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 62 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Nah, didnt mean to imply that. Ofcourse there are many many problems but they are being worked on.

That's the thing to worry about, they are not being worked on all.
Can you hint where are they being worked on today?

Pakistan is still a very young nation. All the districts were at each others throats a 100 years ago. Its crazy that we are a country.
I don't say Pakistan is a young nation. We just have a new name "Pakistan".
This part "Pakistan" with more or less today's areas in different periods of pre Islamic history was always a separate state. "Sindh" was the name most of time. After arrival of Islam in the area, Lahore was still the border town for a long time.

As we only start time just from the separation of Sub-Continent, so we call this land a new one, but all the districts were there, all the institutions were there, infrastructures were there.

Important is, how much we have advanced from 1947, or we are still living in era of Raj.
Other countries that have started journey with us at the same time are Germany, Japan, China, Israel. We should compare our work with theirs.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Lets see, but agree removing foldable wong and hock will add option to have extra fuel tank, or any other additional pod
I would have opted not to fold. But most probably with folding wings. Removing folding mechanism and strengthened undercarriage will remove upto 2000 lbs in weight.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
2000 lbs???lot of weight but removing folding option does not put them back on drawing board and more testing as so far i did not find any J 15 fixed wing information. Khafee also hinted some possibilities of having fold wings which honestly i m not able to fathom out
I would have opted not to fold. But most probably with folding wings. Removing folding mechanism and strengthened undercarriage will remove upto 2000 lbs in weight.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
2000 lbs???lot of weight but removing folding option does not put them back on drawing board and more testing as so far i did not find any J 15 fixed wing information. Khafee also hinted some possibilities of having fold wings which honestly i m not able to fathom out
There is no J15 fixed wing. Removing the folding wing, and strengthened landing gear will mean, back to the drawing board, and a min of 18mnths delay. As it is with the new radar, avionics, ew, and corona, are already giving headaches.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
There should have been some news by now. When are these due? In a couple of months?

If not for corona, the first two would have been in Pak by 1st week of July max. Now with all the delays, cant say.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
All Chinese manufacturers asking for more days to supply for business community here as shortage of workers ,SOP slowing work speed the whole chain disturb for them as well so same rule must applies on Shenyang Aerospace Corporation.I m happy that way after seeing that criticism on VT4 tanks on social media"""yahan loog corona sy maar rahy hain,economy tabah ho rahi haii aur fouj ki purchasing khatam nahi ho rahii """like one day suddenly Army decide ""lets go for shopping,buy some tanks"""" forces ki arms procurement(minus finance,selecting options,choosing one,negotiations,testing,delivery time stages) na huwii inn bhotni walo ki amman ki shadi ka dress ho giyaaa

If not for corona, the first two would have been in Pak by 1st week of July max. Now with all the delays, cant say.

Last edited:

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
All Chinese manufacturers asking for more days to supply for business community here as shortage of workers ,SOP slowing work speed the whole chain disturb for them as well so same rule must applies on Shenyang Aerospace Corporation.I m happy that way after seeing that criticism on VT4 tanks on social media"""yahan loog corona sy maar rahy hain,economy tabah ho rahi haii aur fouj ki purchasing khatam nahi ho rahii """like one day suddenly Army decide ""lets go for shopping,buy some tanks"""" forces ki arms procurement(minus finance,selecting options,choosing one,negotiations,testing,delivery time stages) na huwii inn bhotni walo ki amman ki shadi ka dress ho giyaaa

same bloody idiots were screaming if our airforce was sleeping when Indians crossed the border ....
People can never be satisfied ...

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
There is no J15 fixed wing. Removing the folding wing, and strengthened landing gear will mean, back to the drawing board, and a min of 18mnths delay. As it is with the new radar, avionics, ew, and corona, are already giving headaches.
What I meant was essentially get J16 wrapped as a "modified J15" to get around the export restrictions.
And that was just my opinion.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Chinese have skill to wrap J16 in J15 , any giving name of J15X, will thay do it or not, we dont have link to answers that, but practically possible to rename J11x or J16x with name of J15x as all have same airframes almost.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan
QUOTE="HardTalk, post: 59521, member: 2561"]
Just a few posts above yours.. please read the entire thread. Thank you.
[/QUOTE]
I was asking in context of the the current situation caused by COVID, as manufacturers around the globe are facing problems?