Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 5 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
TsAr stated that PA and all its branches keep everything on the down low, yet you are saying khafee broke this news. My question is what's the authenticity of this news and if its true then isnt this a breach of national security?
Probably the best one to answer your query is @Khafee Sahib himself. However, this much we can perhaps safely say that he is not answerable to the Pakistan Armed Forces or any of it's branches. He is an UAE citizen & military professional.

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Probably the best one to answer your query is @Khafee Sahib himself. However, this much we can perhaps safely say that he is not answerable to the Pakistan Armed Forces or any of it's branches. He is an UAE citizen & military professional.
Sometimes some questions are not asked or better left unanswered, my comments are directed towards both of you respectable fellows

Last edited:

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Why is the topic being derailed to personal discussion on sir @Khafee , kindly stay on J-15
Regards

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Ya habibi @Khafee , today Chairman EU Military committee Gen. Claudio Graziano met COAS, VCAS and CNS. Should i use this react (:-) Or this :( ? Why do i still feel that we might still TRY out possiblities of EFT ?

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Ya habibi @Khafee , today Chairman EU Military committee Gen. Claudio Graziano met COAS, VCAS and CNS. Should i use this react (:-) Or this :( ? Why do i still feel that we might still TRY out possiblities of EFT ?
Before getting EFT ... we should first make sure we that would be getting the Meteor and the latest Air To Ground & Air To Sea SOW's with the deal. Otherwise the EFT would be a toothless tiger.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Before getting EFT ... we should first make sure we that would be getting the Meteor and the latest Air To Ground & Air To Sea SOW's with the deal. Otherwise the EFT would be a toothless tiger.
Thinking about EFT without Meteor is not even an option. What is the biggest role of a modern Jet fighter? BVR combat. No meteor makes EFT lack this area which in turn makes it useless

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Thinking about EFT without Meteor is not even an option. What is the biggest role of a modern Jet fighter? BVR combat. No meteor makes EFT lack this area which in turn makes it useless
But that is the main bone of contention. Will the meteor be cleared for sale to us? I doubt that a nuclear armed Muslim country like Pakistan will get the clearance for such a sale. Too many to lobby against us. Including Israel.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
This is what I have compiled from the internet, so as to get a very basic idea where Su-35, Su-30MKI and J-15 stand w.r.t. each other ...

1573046604029.png

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
This is what I have compiled from the internet, so as to get a very basic idea where Su-35, Su-30MKI and J-15 stand w.r.t. each other ...

View attachment 11649
Thanks for the beautiful compilation. Though, this made me have a question in mind.
For a long range heavy platform like J-15, having it’s naval applications for PN/PAF, don’t you thing supercruise is a need for us? Does supercruise consume extra fuel and is it our requirement ?

Supercruise is one of the fundamentals of 5th Gen fighters though along with
1 - Stealth
2 - Supermaneuverability
3 - advanced Situational Awareness

I call them the 4 S of 5th Gen

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Thanks for the beautiful compilation. Though, this made me have a question in mind.
For a long range heavy platform like J-15, having it’s naval applications for PN/PAF, don’t you thing supercruise is a need for us? Does supercruise consume extra fuel and is it our requirement ?

1 - Stealth
2 - Supermaneuverability

J-15 is not a stealth fighter that it should have super cruise. It meets PAF requirements of a dual engine heavy platform.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan

1 - Stealth
2 - Supermaneuverability

I think friend @TsAr has summed it up quite nicely in his reply.

J-15, although is quite maneuverable, it is after all a flanker, but without TVC ... However it's main claim to fame would be it's advanced avionics and long ranged stand-off weapons and it's good endurance and range ... that gives it a decided edge in the above company in comparison.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
J-15 is not a stealth fighter that it should have super cruise. It meets PAF requirements of a dual engine heavy platform.
Dear, where did i mention J-15 being stealth. The stealth section if my post was just an info box about stealth or 4 ‘S’ of stealth. Reason I mentioned stealth or 5th Gen was to give a heavy emphasis on Supercruise as something about supercruise makes it a qualifier for 5th Generation of fighter jets. So what i want to know is, in the above case scenerio of our uses for J-15, do we require supercruise? CAN and HOW thunders can achieve supercruise or is it restriction due to powerplant ?

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Dear, where did i mention J-15 being stealth. The stealth section if my post was just an info box about stealth or 4 ‘S’ of stealth. Reason I mentioned stealth or 5th Gen was to give a heavy emphasis on Supercruise as something about supercruise makes it a qualifier for 5th Generation of fighter jets. So what i want to know is, in the above case scenerio of our uses for J-15, do we require supercruise? CAN and HOW thunders can achieve supercruise or is it restriction due to powerplant ?
It doesn't have to have super cruise to be 5th generation

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
if Pakistan acquired J-15s for the long-range strike aircraft potential it will probably awaken many of those Indian fanboys screeching about inducting the Rafales.
however I seen many people mention previous possibilities such as the F-16 & Su-35
Su-35, yes it maybe a possibility, but the question is this, is Russia really willing to risk a sale of 24-48 jet fighters to a country they are now formally opening defence ties with and jeopardizing one of their major defence monopolies (India)?

F-16 seems logical since PAF does operate anywhere from 50-70 F-16 on varying sources, but the main reason (from my guessing) is Lockheed Martin doesn't want to mess up a possibility of exporting the F-21 to India, which in turn all the F-21 is a more highly updated and advanced variant of the UAE F-16 Desert Viper (that's what the F-21 is based on). and a sale of 110 F-21s is more sensible for LM then a sale of 24-48. (not picking sides, just mentioning)

and the EFT pitched to PAF by Italy was basically kind of like what the heck, sine the Italians were only offering the Tranche 1 models and not really wanting the possibility of modernizing/overhauling it. even Spain pitched Tranche 1 Typhoons to Chile, Colombia and Peru and all 3 declined.

as a previous member mentioned, the only way to buy the Typhoon is get a BVR capable system to counter that of the Rafale's

so in short, it is perhaps more energetic/logical for PAF to induct the J-15, since there won't be no political redtape as seen in both the Su-35 & F-16 possibility, and you guys could induct the J-15 + BVRs without worrying about sanctions, or "nah sorry we can't sell" attitudes.

Wolf-PK

Reactions
1,011 27 0
Country
Pakistan
For SU-35s, The Indo-Russian relationship is not that cohesive as it was few years back.....The global power politics has changed many relationships which are now based on socio econimic interests.

Pakistan only has to show "Cash" and Russians would fly in for deal ..... J-15 should be our alternate buying option.