Afghanistan current affairs, news, discussion and update | Page 21 | World Defense

Afghanistan current affairs, news, discussion and update

MominKhan

Reactions
210 15 0
Country
Pakistan
Not just vipers and zulus, but much more. Until deliveries start, I am not at liberty to disclose.
Hmm…. I think that would imply replacing future Chinese acquisitions with US ones. Patriot/THAAD? Destroyers? Subs? Other naval hardware?

Anyone wanna make guesses? Khafee is not talking. Should we move to another thread?

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
- Reports that Northern Alliance has taken Charikar
- Panjshir remains base of fragile NA
- Taliban sent envoys to negotiate with NA
- Pak FM Qureshi heading to Kabul tomorrow to negotiate as well

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Taliban are currently spread out and stretched thin.
If negotiations fail with NA tomorrow, they'll likely call in reinforcements and take Panjshir by force, which won't be pretty - but the result is inevitable Taliban takeover.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
- Reports that Northern Alliance has taken Charikar
- Panjshir remains base of fragile NA
- Taliban sent envoys to negotiate with NA
- Pak FM Qureshi heading to Kabul tomorrow to negotiate as well
SMQ clown will hurt Pakistan's interests, as always.
He has already recorded statement that ''Pakistan has no favorites'' Just before Taliban take over Pakistan was exchanging accusations with previous Afghan regime. Today same Afghan regime is in Pakistan.. doing what? Is it an un announced asylum?

MominKhan

Reactions
210 15 0
Country
Pakistan
The F-16 and Afghanistan threads are getting intertwined. Moved posts over here.

I too, would like to see China and US fight each other by throwing money at Pakistan
I would like to see Russia, China and US fight each other by throwing money at Pakistan, Afghanistan and Central Asia. :):)

Gentlemen let's not be so hasty. I would much rather prefer trade, connectivity between countries, infrastructure building, development of the region, uplifting of ppl(through those things) than war.

If US has decided to put an end to war...and now maybe looking at it through the lens of quad(the quad talked about above) cooperation...even if to provide an alternative to CPEC...what's the harm in that? Does China not trade with US? Or does it not trade with India?

Let's not assume the worst from the get go...and give this a chance. If it turns out that indeed the plan had bad intentions somehow...sooner or later it would be revealed...simply just walk away then(IF it comes to pass). Although I personally have a hard time imagining what could be unleashed through cooperation/development/trade that would be so diabolical?
Let me give you the bigger picture, the way I see it. US hegemony of the world is base on the dollar as the reserve currency (more accurately the petrodollar) and control of sea routes of trade--Straits of Malacca, Suez Canal, Panama Canal, etc. US decided that Bab al-Mandab should be another choke point and established a base in Djibouti. China countered.

But China's real answer to this is the digital yuan and BRI, respectively. Trade by land is today cheaper than trade by sea, like it used to be before the industrial revolution. Today China is eating USA's lunch and there is nothing they can do about it, except destroy everything through terrorism.

To think that somehow US will suddenly change tack and start supporting BRI is just wishful thinking. They will never do this despite the superficial noises they make. That said, Pakistan needs to engage the new Quad comprehensively, but understand what this is about.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
The F-16 and Afghanistan threads are getting intertwined. Moved posts over here.

I would like to see Russia, China and US fight each other by throwing money at Pakistan, Afghanistan and Central Asia. :):)

Let me give you the bigger picture, the way I see it. US hegemony of the world is base on the dollar as the reserve currency (more accurately the petrodollar) and control of sea routes of trade--Straits of Malacca, Suez Canal, Panama Canal, etc. US decided that Bab al-Mandab should be another choke point and established a base in Djibouti. China countered.

But China's real answer to this is the digital yuan and BRI, respectively. Trade by land is today cheaper than trade by sea, like it used to be before the industrial revolution. Today China is eating USA's lunch and there is nothing they can do about it, except destroy everything through terrorism.

To think that somehow US will suddenly change tack and start supporting BRI is just wishful thinking. They will never do this despite the superficial noises they make. That said, Pakistan needs to engage the new Quad comprehensively, but understand what this is about.
Wrong on a few counts...
...as it stands today...trade by land is not cheaper than trade by sea. It may or may not change in the future depending on what technologies emerge...but currently it's not the case.

As for US control over sea trade routes...US has an iron grip on Panama Canal only. In case of Suez Canal and Straits of Malacca...
- Suez Canal is controlled by keeping the Egyptians and Arabs under the sphere of influence of US...so it's more of an indirect control. Exercising military control over it would be a very costly affair.
- Straits of Malacca...US has been trying to court surrounding countries(that also feel threatened by China) along with building up/using the narrative of "open and free trade routes in international waters"
...to build up somewhat of its military presence and get other allies and potential allies involved.
...taking this forcefully(exercising military control) will also be a costly affair.

The point of the above is not to argue semantics...the point is to highlight that although US is powerful...ranks number 1 basically...
...it cannot take on the rest of the world forcefully(there isn't just China...there's Russia, Iran, North Korea...these are the obvious ones...then there are those countries that may not be at odds with US directly but don't exactly see eye to eye either)...and continue being on top. So it relies on many methods. Egypt being an example above...
...there isn't just military power that's used for hegemony...there are interests, geopolitics, money(business deals, bribery, investments, etc)...all these are tools to become a hegemon...or continue being a hegemon.

We have just recently seen Bangladesh being courted simultaneously by US and China...

So why can't(or shouldn't) Pakistan play these chess games to its benefit? Why must it be always black and white? Friend or enemy? All I'm saying is let this play out...let's see what US brings to the table to try to woo Pakistan. Have u heard the story about two cats fighting over a piece of bread...and the monkey? As @Counter-Errorist said...ideally it would be best if Pakistan could play the monkey's role in this cat fight.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani emerges in the UAE

The UAE has given him a one month visa, on humanitarian basis, which might be extended or not.

Anyways, It is very disappointing to see Pakistani media put a spin that this is due to "Indian influence". As usual the Shias in the Pakistani media spouting nonsense to please their Iranian Mullah masters.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani emerges in the UAE

The UAE has given him a one month visa, on humanitarian basis, which might be extended or not.

Anyways, It is very disappointing to see Pakistani media put a spin that this is due to "Indian influence". As usual the Shias in the Pakistani media spouting nonsense to please their Iranian Mullah masters.
All the rest of ex-Afghan govt. officials are in Pakistan.
If Pakistan media was any bit neutral, they would first question Imran Khan, why has he issued visa to second tier Afghan leadership!! and why public is kept in dark!!
I personally see no issues in giving shelter to any one on humanitarian ground.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
"But at the end of the call, he also asked how he can get refuge abroad when/if the Taliban takes Panjshir. "

:xD::xD::xD:

Someone tell him lucky Irani circus is looking for clowns.
It's like some friends who get aggressive looking for a fight in a situation. You hold them back, and as soon as you let go, instead of fighting, they look back at you to why you left them.