American Leaders Flock to Saudi Mourners but Leave France to Rot? | World Defense

American Leaders Flock to Saudi Mourners but Leave France to Rot?

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Again my favorite news-source pointed-out a huge discrepancy: French free-speech advocates organized a rally to protest Muslim Terrorism, not even ONE American leader joined to support them (not even the one who was in France discussing counter-terrorism!);

however ALL of America's major federal-leaders hurried into Saudi Arabia to support the family-&-friends of a Saudi leader who died!

The difference--pointed out on the program--was that the French didn't control something-like one-fifth of the world's oil!

Shows the truth about "freedom of speech," doesn't it---you're free to speak anything anytime, but you're only free to have your speech heard & -supported if you are worth 'money'!

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
You guys are disgusting.
No offence because you may be good people underneath all that crap.

But the US not participating in one more free speech protest is not a point. It's not like they have to protest every where, especially since France has been making so many protests of this sort and there is no real "point" to it, we all know already they are for free speech (or their version of it), so whatever.

And you guys are way over yourself with discrimination and terror. Get over it. It's ridiculous. Israel has dealt more unfair blows to Palestine than vice versa, and the US has attacked more of those countries than those countries have harmed you guys. So bite back on your hypocritical feeling that you'd be the better people and that the rest of them deserve to die.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Well, one thing we know is that American and France aren't really in good terms, despite that they represent themselves as allies. Why? Because each of them thinks that they are supposed to be more powerful over the other while the other just don't want to concede that he's inferior and while the other keeps on believing that he's superior with no equal. It's an issue of pride that is going on with these two. And it just really sucks! They are countries and nations. They are supposed to be mature enough to not hold a belief of their superiority.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I still back my comment that it sends a bad message. With regard to the palestinians, I will never take the side of a group of people who USE their own children as propaganda tools to make Israel look bad. Hamas could have taken all the foreign aid money they received and built themselves a nice country. Instead, they focused on their hatred, anger and bitterness against Israel and used the money they received to build missile sites underneath schools and hospitals and tunnels to get to Israel to attack them. Israel just wants to be left alone at this point. They have a right to defend themselves. They bombed Gaza because they were getting attacked. They dropped off fliers and called civilians to tell them to get out of the way before they sent their bombs over. What do the palestinians do? What does hamas do? They put kids deliberately in the line of fire to make Israel look like child killers. WHAT PARENT DOES THAT?

I would agree that surely we have bungled a lot over in the middle east. I read an article that when the petro dollar was first being created, Nixon gathered that the middle eastern leaders were easily corruptible and he thought that he could exploit that. That was a BIG mistake. One should never try to make a deal with the devil. Instead, when one senses corruption, one should run the other way. We have been trying to "work with" basically a bunch of angry hornets that are radically different than we are. It's time to admit failure and put on a cold war between them and us. We will never resolve our differences.

I was about to respond to that but since we have a Palestinian member in here I would rather pass the mic.(:-)
@Falcon29

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I was about to respond to that but since we have a Palestinian member in here I would rather pass the mic.(:-)
@Falcon29

He's an hasbara troll, just ignore. Once siege was placed on Gaza you can't build anything. Or make anything. He doesn't understand concept of siege. Let alone the rest of discussion.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I don't see the big deal. Everyone knows most in the United States support free speech and oppose Islamic terrorisn. Plenty of politicians made their views known on that. I dont really see what the big deal is if they show their respects to the Saudi leader who died. Its not a big deal to me.