Apollo 14 astronaut claims peace-loving aliens prevented ‘nuclear war’ on Earth | World Defense

Apollo 14 astronaut claims peace-loving aliens prevented ‘nuclear war’ on Earth

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Edgar Mitchell: Apollo 14 astronaut claims aliens saved us from nuclear war

The sixth man to walk the surface of the moon told Mirror online that he believes peacekeeping aliens visited our planet to prevent a nuclear war between Russia and the United States.

The idea sounds far-fetched, but Mitchell claims military insiders viewed strange flying crafts cruising over US missile bases and the White Sands facility in New Mexico, the site of the first-ever nuclear bomb detonation in 1945.

“They wanted to know about our military capabilities,” he said.

“My own experience talking to people has made it clear the ETs had been attempting to keep us from going to war and help create peace on Earth.”

Mitchell, who grew up near the famous Roswell site in New Mexico, said that he has heard from various air force officers who claim UFOs were a regular site during the Cold War.

“They told me UFOs were frequently seen overhead and often disabled their missiles,” he added.

“Other officers from bases on the Pacific coast told me their (test) missiles were frequently shot down by alien spacecraft.”

Some are understandably sceptical about this theory that diplomatic aliens have travelled the cosmos to disarm U.S. military weapons.

“Given that the Universe is around 14 billion years old, if we’re being visited, it’s unlikely we’re dealing with a civilisation just a few hundred years ahead of us, so stories of aliens managing to disrupt a few of our weapons tests are far-fetched,” Nick Pope, former Ministry of Defense UFO researcher, told Mirror online.

“Chances are they’d be millions of years ahead of us and could do anything they wanted to.”

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I get a sort of religious vibe from this or something pertaining to a higher being.

Yeah it's true UFO sightings have been documented over US military facilities but whether they are connected to little green men is another thing entirely. Weird story, and it surprised me that it came from someone who has been in space.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
UFO sightings... sure.. those have been documented. But them preventing missile launches etc to create peace... highly doubtful. If a technologically far superior race would really want to create peace on this planet, don't you think they would do it properly?

War has existed ever since man started to settle down instead of wandering around hunting animals. So these aliens just popped by during the cold war, shut off a few missiles and then stopped again? Yeah sounds so very probable...

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
This really sounds pretty strange. I am wondering if Mitchell was totally sober when he made these claims. I do believe aliens have visited the earth though and children of scientists who worked Roswell in the day swear that it is true that they have seen alien bodies. I mean sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, we will never know.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
This really sounds pretty strange. I am wondering if Mitchell was totally sober when he made these claims. I do believe aliens have visited the earth though and children of scientists who worked Roswell in the day swear that it is true that they have seen alien bodies. I mean sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, we will never know.

Quote the article and your post in one.

Lilly Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I don't know people......who are we to question any of this? Just like religion, one must have a "belief" and "faith" that something greater that us exists. I, for one, don't have to be "shown" the evidence......I just look around me each day and marvel in it all. There are too many "unexplained" events to not question things of course, but I believe if we are meant to know or "have the proof" so to speak, we will......when the time is right. I also don't believe we are the only semi-intelligent beings in the universe. (note I said "semi")......the vastness of the universe hasn't even been scratched I'm afraid and why would just one tiny little planet be the only one with some sort of "life".......don't believe it folks. Might not happen in our lifetime, but the truth will be revealed I'm sure.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Edgar Mitchell, okay, he is with the Apollo 14 mission. He may not be the reason for scrapping the entire Apollo project? It's kind of strange for an astronaut to say things like that because they are supposed to be scientists who only believe in scientific evidence. Until now there is no concrete proof of extra terrestrial beings. I'm sorry for the guy or maybe he is just trying to attract attention like the North Korean government?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The claims that aliens prevented nuclear war are unconvincing [there'd be no reason aliens would be interested in the affairs of humans] nonetheless we can't dismiss entirely, the notion, that E.T's do exist.

FORMER NASA SCIENTIST CLAIMS THERES LIFE ON THE MOON! | American Monsters

Richard C. Hoagland — a former NASA consultant and curator of astronomy and space science at the Springfield Science Museum in Massachusetts as well as consultant to CBS News during the Apollo moon missions — has spent decades looking into what he asserts to be the truth about what was discovered during the numerous unmanned spacecraft missions as well as the manned Apollo voyages to the moon 40 years ago:

“What NASA did not tell the American people is that it discovered the remains of an ancient lunar civilization, and to this day, that data and those artifacts have been withheld from the American people.”

Why would NASA lie? To prevent mass panic? Or maybe it's the old scientists who've lost their marbles?

Lilly Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I think we would be astonished as to what our government keeps from us. I find it hard to believe that something like aliens or "space ships" info wouldn't be leaked over the generations, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to know that the government has info on unexplained happenings or proof of other oddities that they keep from the general public for fear of panic. Don't they know that with the world today there is is not MUCH to panic us about? LOL

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
There's no doubt in my mind that there is life on other planets. I also have no doubt that a crazy man could pass NASA's psychological exam. The One thing for sure, though, is I believe 100% that the moon landing was NOT a hoax, afterall.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I find it odd why people can't believe in a God. Before I get into that, we all know forms of life exist on other planets or elsewhere in the Universe. But very unlikely to find any intelligent life in our Universe. As for God, I was raised in US public schools. And ever since middle school and now up to college, they really pressure people into doubting the existence of God and push their agenda. They also try to isolate those who do believe in God, it is now considered a mental illness with some people. And when it comes to social lifestyle, God has no place in it. Nor religion, so if you reject a drink or refuse to party out with girls on the basis of religion, you are considered a very odd person. It's more acceptable to get around such circumstances by citing health concerns. I used to refuse smoking cigrattes, cigars, marijuana and other things by claiming it will affect my breathing. Had I cited religion as purpose it would render me socially awkward.

Back to the point, the evolving culture is causing people to drop aspects of traditional culture just out peer pressure. This is dogmatic, in order to live the 'popular' lifestyle you need to be dogmatic and abandon all your current beliefs and adopt the new trends. I refused to do this, because many current trends are retarded and backwards. And because of how dogmatic new atheism is, it strengthened my belief in God. Its simply not possible for me to believe we are a coincidence. I have not seen anything to convince me about that.

When it comes to life forms, I being a Muslim wanted the Islamic position on this. In Islam, it is said that God may have created multiple Universe's that we aren't aware of. And even when we become judged by God and enter Paradise for eternity, he will still be creating other forms of intelligent life that will go through the same trials we went through.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I find it odd why people can't believe in a God. Before I get into that, we all know forms of life exist on other planets or elsewhere in the Universe. But very unlikely to find any intelligent life in our Universe. As for God, I was raised in US public schools. And ever since middle school and now up to college, they really pressure people into doubting the existence of God and push their agenda. They also try to isolate those who do believe in God, it is now considered a mental illness with some people. And when it comes to social lifestyle, God has no place in it. Nor religion, so if you reject a drink or refuse to party out with girls on the basis of religion, you are considered a very odd person. It's more acceptable to get around such circumstances by citing health concerns. I used to refuse smoking cigrattes, cigars, marijuana and other things by claiming it will affect my breathing. Had I cited religion as purpose it would render me socially awkward.

Back to the point, the evolving culture is causing people to drop aspects of traditional culture just out peer pressure. This is dogmatic, in order to live the 'popular' lifestyle you need to be dogmatic and abandon all your current beliefs and adopt the new trends. I refused to do this, because many current trends are retarded and backwards. And because of how dogmatic new atheism is, it strengthened my belief in God. Its simply not possible for me to believe we are a coincidence. I have not seen anything to convince me about that.

When it comes to life forms, I being a Muslim wanted the Islamic position on this. In Islam, it is said that God may have created multiple Universe's that we aren't aware of. And even when we become judged by God and enter Paradise for eternity, he will still be creating other forms of intelligent life that will go through the same trials we went through.
I'm not sure which area of the US you went to school. And I only went to school in the south, (Louisiana and South Carolina). So, I can't speak for up north and can barely speak for out west. But... The region, I think matters. In South Carolina, 5th and 6th grade, the students had to bring a signed note from their parents to NOT be enrolled in bible class. The bible class even had their own building. and god help you if you told someone you weren't Christian. My daughter was bullied and physically assaulted in 2nd grade because she told the kids she didn't believe in God. My ex was a complete outcast because he didn't go to church. I spent the first 18 years of my life living with a church of christ minister, and his minister wife. For that 18 years I was a believer. Unfortunately, money matters as much as religion around there. So being a believer wasn't enough to make me any friends, lol. Anyway... In my opinion the country is split. and not just between political parties. Its split between christians (along with their 'chosen people) and everyone else (atheists, agnostics, catholics, and so on). And the region determines how much their religion should dominate everyone else's lives.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I'm not sure which area of the US you went to school. And I only went to school in the south, (Louisiana and South Carolina). So, I can't speak for up north and can barely speak for out west. But... The region, I think matters. In South Carolina, 5th and 6th grade, the students had to bring a signed note from their parents to NOT be enrolled in bible class. The bible class even had their own building. and god help you if you told someone you weren't Christian. My daughter was bullied and physically assaulted in 2nd grade because she told the kids she didn't believe in God. My ex was a complete outcast because he didn't go to church. I spent the first 18 years of my life living with a church of christ minister, and his minister wife. For that 18 years I was a believer. Unfortunately, money matters as much as religion around there. So being a believer wasn't enough to make me any friends, lol. Anyway... In my opinion the country is split. and not just between political parties. Its split between christians (along with their 'chosen people) and everyone else (atheists, agnostics, catholics, and so on). And the region determines how much their religion should dominate everyone else's lives.

Wow, that sounds like complete opposite. I would love to visit the south one day and see if they're more traditional in culture. Here up north it's hardcore liberal , we have many republicans but even republicans are liberal when it comes to stances on religion, gay rights and so on. It really has ingrained itself the school and social system so you'll put on liberal characteristics without even noticing.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Wow, that sounds like complete opposite. I would love to visit the south one day and see if they're more traditional in culture. Here up north it's hardcore liberal , we have many republicans but even republicans are liberal when it comes to stances on religion, gay rights and so on. It really has ingrained itself the school and social system so you'll put on liberal characteristics without even noticing.
lmao yeah? I swear, no joke... down here its so conservative that even the liberals are conservative when it involves people's freedoms and rights to privacy, etc. I agree, exact opposites! Honestly, though, a lot of the liberals, I think, have given up. When the poorest man in the county will stand up preaching for conservatives, its hard to keep your head up. The south is beautiful, has some of the nicest people in the world, and a few of the Christians actually live by what the bible teaches them. Women are treated like the weaker sex, and that sucks sometimes. But let a wife beater get caught putting his hands on a female. I've even heard stories about the KKK going after white men who beat their wives. I know people like to make fun of southerners. But there's a lot more good down here than anyone, who closes themselves off to learning the truth, can possibly understand. I figure, let them talk shit... as long as they do it from up there. lol

Lilly Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
@LilAnn you are right on with what you heard about the KKK......I use to date a fellow (don't hold this against me LOL) who was a member of the KKK......one of the sweetest, God loving guys I've ever known.....he told me stories of that very thing. One night they went to a "members" house to pay him a visit. The guy just thought they were there to yack about an upcoming hunting trip, but they were there to take care of business with this guy. Seems this guy liked to push around and beat on his wife and kids......several of the clan members warned him repeatedly about such things, but I guess they guy just didn't take them seriously. Long story short, they took him for a ride......this happened in Florida not far from where the clan holds their rally (or at least use to)....they took him out to an orange grove, stripped him down to nothing and beat him within an inch of his life and told him that if he EVER hit his wife & kids again that he would NOT come out of the orange grove. Needless to say, they guy never did it again to their knowledge. There were many many stories like that.....they (the clan), love their country, respect women and if it were not for the very bigotry they ooze would be very upstanding Americans!!