Attack on army camp in J&K's Sunjwan, 2 officers killed. | Page 3 | World Defense

Attack on army camp in J&K's Sunjwan, 2 officers killed.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
I compleatly agree , he should have been arrested, but the officer who led the op probally thoguth otherwise!!
But look at the repercussions, a state which was relative calm since the 2010 civil unrest went all out to protest this young kids death , while many politicians tried to influence the subsequent riots , they were mainly a fatherless ,spontaneous protests to vent their anger against the state who had killed this kid.
The Govt of the day failed to comprehend the anger among the youth due to the lack of jobs and constantly living under the threats of violence . Instead of reaching out with reconciliation talks the Central Govt which was in election mode went all out to act nationalist and ended up alienating people in the valley .

We in India must understand the we cannot lay claim to the valley and not accept the people living there.
@Joe Shearer @Khafee @SOUTHie your thoughts?

Your last line sums up the situation. I can't improve on the wording.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
I compleatly agree , he should have been arrested, but the officer who led the op probally thoguth otherwise!!
But look at the repercussions, a state which was relative calm since the 2010 civil unrest went all out to protest this young kids death , while many politicians tried to influence the subsequent riots , they were mainly a fatherless ,spontaneous protests to vent their anger against the state who had killed this kid.
The Govt of the day failed to comprehend the anger among the youth due to the lack of jobs and constantly living under the threats of violence . Instead of reaching out with reconciliation talks the Central Govt which was in election mode went all out to act nationalist and ended up alienating people in the valley .

We in India must understand the we cannot lay claim to the valley and not accept the people living there.

And it seems more and more that the central government is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

SOUTHie

Reactions
132 8 0
Country
India
I compleatly agree , he should have been arrested, but the officer who led the op probably thought otherwise!!

I have a slightly different view on the matter. As per the reports, Wani was killed in a crossfire (not captured and executed). As far as I heard, they are always ordered to capture any militant (better alive than dead to extract info). I cannot blame the soldiers for it, it's just too hard for them. My point is the government should have done a better job in covering up the matter and break it down slowly. Rather than celebrating it through media. The media is giving a lot of sensation which gives a frenzy that rest of India is celebrating the death of Kashmiris.

And the rest, I agree with you, the government never expect such serious repercussions. When the election came, the BJP was so eager to form a government in Jammu and Kashmir with whatever deal they have on the table.

This BJP government has the worst possible policy for Kashmir. If this government continues, I think we will have another war with Pakistan.