British Armed Forces

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
675 14
Country
France
@Bundeswehr @WebMaster @Scorpion

UK announced to commit to spend 2% of their GDP each year to defence,this means that their budget will increase in real terms every year.
-
Concerning the size,the army will see its numbers still shrinking to (in 2020) ;

Army ; ~82.000
RAF ; ~35.000
Navy ; ~30.000

So about ~147.000 active personnels in 2020.

-
According to the datas of the UK gov,in February 2016,the British armed forces had ; 140.720 active personnels.
In February 2015,the British armed forces had ; 144.920 active personnels.

strenght uk.png

-
The surplus/deficit against the number of personnels needed is at -4.3% (In February 2015 it was at -4.1% this means that over the years the full trained strenght is decreasing and the deficit increasing.)

strauk.png

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/506104/Monthly_service_personnel_statistics-_Feb_2016.pdf
-
This means overall that the British Armed Forces are well below what it was planned.

arthnel

Reactions
Country
USA
These are amazingly beautiful pictures. They always looked great in movies and magazines, but these up-close and personal ones give a much clearer idea of how massive and phenomenal they are.

Ajax

Reactions
Country
United Kingdom
good photos about our military. I will also add photos of my country's military along with Australia's and Canada's.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
142 2
Country
USA
good photos about our military. I will also add photos of my country's military along with Australia's and Canada's.
Does Australia have an AWACs and what type of fighter jets do they have brother?