Building Walls Is Now The Solution To Terrorist Threats? | Page 2 | World Defense

Building Walls Is Now The Solution To Terrorist Threats?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Well the Israeli right (led by Benjamin Netanyahu) has been very good at holding on to power and making sure that a peaceful solution never happens (by building further settlements and all the gaza wars and the agitation, etc). So basically they will never be a peaceful solution as long as Israelis are further sheltered from the effects of the wars. In the early 2000s many Israelis were in danger and that's why they voted in people like Olmert who wanted to make significant compromises for peace. Bibi's administration sees a public which feels safer with keeping the status quo of occupation and the occasional gaza war which effects them less and less every time.

The truth is that we're heading towards a future where there will be no peace and no viable two-state solution, despite the best efforts of Arab states.

Either Palestine will eventually just disappear and Palestinians will forget or there will be a big war which forces the zionists to go to the negotiating table (it can just as well end in the destruction of several Arab states) or the miraculous, the Israeli public vote in a pro-peace government.

*Something to remember: Israel has the absolute, full support of the U.S. and in turn NATO. So even if it's a tiny spot defeating it is very difficult and impossible currently.

Full support of anybody we don't care. Arab world is different than in past. Saudi Arabia after Salman has changed. Saudi plus Qatar plus Turkey are working to regain influence in region. And not just for interests, because of serious concerns they share. A post Assad Syria means either US will attack or Syria will be strong. If US attacks, it will drag it into war of attrition. And also open war with Israel in region. Arab states don't need to directly fight , they can support the militants on ground not only in Syria but West Bank. If Jordan alllows they can through Jordan into Israel. That would help shorten the war. The war will be terrifying but it has to happen if we want a different future. It will be better for the future. We will suffer a lot in the process but better to get it done with now instead of waiting more and losing all progress in Syria and also giving Israel west Bank. Which means Israel will go after Jordanian resources after. And then nobody can stop them.

Americans understand we don't hate them. Actually they're some of hardest working and lovely people. Problem is the neocons in power have agendas in Midlde East which directly affect our people. And unfortunately it's either we fight for our interests or US pulls out from region and gives up on Israel and AiPac lobby. If such war happens it does not mean end of world. The world will coexist after this war.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Well the Israeli right (led by Benjamin Netanyahu) has been very good at holding on to power and making sure that a peaceful solution never happens (by building further settlements and all the gaza wars and the agitation, etc). So basically they will never be a peaceful solution as long as Israelis are further sheltered from the effects of the wars. In the early 2000s many Israelis were in danger and that's why they voted in people like Olmert who wanted to make significant compromises for peace. Bibi's administration sees a public which feels safer with keeping the status quo of occupation and the occasional gaza war which effects them less and less every time.

The truth is that we're heading towards a future where there will be no peace and no viable two-state solution, despite the best efforts of Arab states.

Either Palestine will eventually just disappear and Palestinians will forget or there will be a big war which forces the zionists to go to the negotiating table (it can just as well end in the destruction of several Arab states) or the miraculous, the Israeli public vote in a pro-peace government.

*Something to remember: Israel has the absolute, full support of the U.S. and in turn NATO. So even if it's a tiny spot defeating it is very difficult and impossible currently.

Sorry to interpret you all. From a military point of view, both Israel and US can be restricted as I have explained that before. If GCC, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan decide to take force against Israel neither Israel nor US can do much about it. I assure you that the EU nations will not move a fiber and US will be left alone. Egypt, Turkey and Saudi Arabia has the means to block US movement in the region and with the military power we have in hand we can strike Israel very hard within a blink of an eye. What will the US do in response? attack Saudi Arabia? that will trigger a WWIII for sure. The whole Islamic world will react sharply. And if we can make under table deal with China and Russia then say bye to the US. Im not calling for war but Israel and the US have to stop this madness. Israel has been violating international conventions and agreement since the day it occupied Palestine. The US vetoed against all resolutions obtained from the UN that weren't in favor of Israel. Building settlement on an occupied territory is illegal according to the UN agreement in which Israel agreed to. Israel must abide by the international law, Oslo accord, Madrid, Geneva agreements or prepare for war. There is no another alternative to the end the situation in Palestine. With or without the US support, Arabs now are not that of the 60s and have many cards to play with in case of need.

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
Sorry to interpret you all. From a military point of view, both Israel and US can be restricted as I have explained that before. If GCC, Egypt, Turkey, Jordan decide to take force against Israel neither Israel nor US can do much about it. I assure you that the EU nations will not move a fiber and US will be left alone. Egypt, Turkey and Saudi Arabia has the means to block US movement in the region and with the military power we have in hand we can strike Israel very hard within a blink of an eye. What will the US do in response? attack Saudi Arabia? that will trigger a WWIII for sure. The whole Islamic world will react sharply. And if we can make under table deal with China and Russia then say bye to the US. Im not calling for war but Israel and the US have to stop this madness. Israel has been violating international conventions and agreement since the day it occupied Palestine. The US vetoed against all resolutions obtained from the UN that weren't in favor of Israel. Building settlement on an occupied territory is illegal according to the UN agreement in which Israel agreed to. Israel must abide by the international law, Oslo accord, Madrid, Geneva agreements or prepare for war. There is no another alternative to the end the situation in Palestine. With or without the US support, Arabs now are not that of the 60s and have many cards to play with in case of need.
Egypt can barely control Sinai if at all, Turkey has membership in NATO which it values very much, Saudi air power doesn't match that of Israel.. So a blink of an eye strike would be impossible.

And the U.S. would absolutely and gladly start a Third World War in order to defend Israel even if it violated every international law or agreement. And if Israel is cornered, it would surely use its estimated 80 nuclear warheads (not on Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or parts of Egypt because of the proximity but definitely on others). The Islamic world would indeed react if Mecca or Medina were harmed by anyone but not soon enough and not effectively enough. Even Pakistan with its arsenal can't attack Israel because again, of moving currents which would render the whole region of the levant inhospitable to human life. So now we're down to air and land power and as you may know, the U.S. Spends crap loads of money on both of these. In a conventional war, the U.S. Has a clear advantage (a guerrilla war, another story), they don't spend a lot on healthcare or even college education but when it comes to military they're at the top. If Russia and China get involved they know very well how that would end, all of their major cities destructed along with major parts of Asia and North America. It would be a nuclear apocalypse that kills billions of people and I don't think Russia and China believe Palestine is worth all of that. And you better believe America would escalate it to that level. Think of Israel as an autonomous region in the United States and it will make more sense..

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Walls can only do so much. They are a barrier, so it will slow people down if they are trying to sneak into the country, but it will not likely stop a well organized large attack. They could just bomb the wall to create an opening of they are serious about getting through.

I understand their concern though. They have suffered some very serious and deadly attacks lately and anything they can do to thwart future attacks is worth exploring.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
When you were a child, and your parents or siblings made you mad, did you ever do things that symbolized how mad you were but were otherwise ineffective? I stomped a lot and slammed a lot of doors. I think most kids are guilty of that at some point. I think that's what the idea behind the wall is. It isn't going to really keep anyone out. But it does a great job of saying , "I'm a spoiled brat, and Im going to put a wall up with a sign that says 'no girls allowed' . And whoever comes over on my side, I'm throwing my gi joe action figure at them!"

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
It seems that countries have come full circle. It wasn't long ago that bringing down walls and unifying countries was the issue. Now, its all about building them walls back up again. I'm not sure that's the most effective way to fight terrorism but it's certainly the way countries are going now.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
It seems that countries have come full circle. It wasn't long ago that bringing down walls and unifying countries was the issue. Now, its all about building them walls back up again. I'm not sure that's the most effective way to fight terrorism but it's certainly the way countries are going now.
No kidding!!
Are you old enough to remember the wall in Germany coming down? I remember talking about it in elementary school. We even got to watch it coming down in my social studies class. That was such a big deal, and everyone was so excited. But, of course, the world, at that time, wasn't being ran by spiteful four year olds.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Egypt can barely control Sinai if at all, Turkey has membership in NATO which it values very much, Saudi air power doesn't match that of Israel.. So a blink of an eye strike would be impossible.

And the U.S. would absolutely and gladly start a Third World War in order to defend Israel even if it violated every international law or agreement. And if Israel is cornered, it would surely use its estimated 80 nuclear warheads (not on Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, or parts of Egypt because of the proximity but definitely on others). The Islamic world would indeed react if Mecca or Medina were harmed by anyone but not soon enough and not effectively enough. Even Pakistan with its arsenal can't attack Israel because again, of moving currents which would render the whole region of the levant inhospitable to human life. So now we're down to air and land power and as you may know, the U.S. Spends crap loads of money on both of these. In a conventional war, the U.S. Has a clear advantage (a guerrilla war, another story), they don't spend a lot on healthcare or even college education but when it comes to military they're at the top. If Russia and China get involved they know very well how that would end, all of their major cities destructed along with major parts of Asia and North America. It would be a nuclear apocalypse that kills billions of people and I don't think Russia and China believe Palestine is worth all of that. And you better believe America would escalate it to that level. Think of Israel as an autonomous region in the United States and it will make more sense..

He is probably talking about naval blockade. Once you block naval movements you are in full control. When you analyze the invasion of Iraq you basically get a clear picture.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I certainly am old enough to remember the Berlin wall coming down. I also remember watching it and it being hailed as the dawn of a new age of world unification, nor just in Germany.

Sadly that wasn't the case.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I certainly am old enough to remember the Berlin wall coming down. I also remember watching it and it being hailed as the dawn of a new age of world unification, nor just in Germany.

Sadly that wasn't the case.
The way they reacted, you would have thought communism rolled over and died. It's a shame the euphoria of it all died off and turned into the mess we have now. I don't think these younger generations could ever understand the optimism the the entire freakin' planet felt when the wall came down. When something good happened back then it wasn't immediately followed by a new war breaking out or macho posturing between everybody.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, the celebration went on a long time and I think people genuinely did think it was the start of something good.

While it might have been in East Germany, for the rest of the world the impact was less greater and the optimism quickly died a death.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I agree, the celebration went on a long time and I think people genuinely did think it was the start of something good.

While it might have been in East Germany, for the rest of the world the impact was less greater and the optimism quickly died a death.
Omg, no kidding! But isn't that how it always goes? That's why no real change occurred anywhere else... We don't care about anyone else. What it always boils down to how is it going to affect us? It didn't really affect us or our everyday lives, which means we simply have no reason to care.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think that can be said of most things in the world, right or wrong, people only care about issue's that will directly affect them.

While people might have been pleased about the Berlin wall coming down, it only really affected Germany.