Chill Republic | Page 21 | World Defense

Chill Republic

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Punjab puls da kam ae saada ni ?

Man lay itna painda tu jo kat kay Lahore a raha hy, asal chakar kya hy, man lay yar chal shabash koi nai, tu akaila thori na hy, kafi saray Lahorio nay taste kia hy duddoo ~$~

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Is it just me or does the exhaust look like it's coming out of square nozzles like that on the F22? Or maybe I'm reading too much into a mock up that may or may not be based on the actual design so far.
@Khafee ur thoughts? And more importantly do I get a cookie for this useless observation?
My understanding is the Project hasn't reached the "design freeze" stage, so lets wait and see.

No you dont get "a cookie" but a bunch of cookies!

View attachment 11487

Btw have you guys tried baking with Stevia, or Splenda? Which gives a better taste?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
My understanding is the Project hasn't reached the "design freeze" stage, so lets wait and see.

No you dont get "a cookie" but a bunch of cookies!

View attachment 11487

Btw have you guys tried baking with Stevia, or Splenda? Which gives a better taste?
For a few years I worked in the nutraceutical industry...where all sorts of products like protein powders, multivitamins, and other supplements were made.
A lot of those products were sweetened with things like stevia, sucralose, aspartame, monk fruit extract, xylitol, erythritol, etc. While tasting wasn't part of my job...my curiosity still got the better of me...and below are some of my opinions as far as their taste goes.

From the cost perspective...monk fruit extract and stevia were on the more expensive side...and sucralose and aspartame were on the cheaper end(aspartame being the cheapest). I'm not sure about the cost of xylitol and erythritol...those are just sugar alcohols so I don't think those two would be that expensive.

For taste...I personally like the taste of real sugar...and I can always taste if artificial sweetener is present(almost all of them have this weird aftertaste). But as for ur question...definitely stay away from Aspartame. IMO it has the worst aftertaste. Sucralose is better(still has an aftertaste) but it can be masked with flavoring(or at least that's what was done in those products). I would personally rate stevia to be at the same level as sucralose(they have different aftertastes but I find the intensity of those aftertastes to be the same).

I found erythritol to be as close to real sugar(in terms of taste) as an artificial sweetener can be. Still though taste is subjective...u can try an experimental batch with various different artificial sweeteners and see which one u prefer.

Now give me more cookies for this...and not the artificially sweetened ones ROFL

Edit: Splenda is sucralose btw.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
For a few years I worked in the nutraceutical industry...where all sorts of products like protein powders, multivitamins, and other supplements were made.
A lot of those products were sweetened with things like stevia, sucralose, aspartame, monk fruit extract, xylitol, erythritol, etc. While tasting wasn't part of my job...my curiosity still got the better of me...and below are some of my opinions as far as their taste goes.

From the cost perspective...monk fruit extract and stevia were on the more expensive side...and sucralose and aspartame were on the cheaper end(aspartame being the cheapest). I'm not sure about the cost of xylitol and erythritol...those are just sugar alcohols so I don't think those two would be that expensive.

For taste...I personally like the taste of real sugar...and I can always taste if artificial sweetener is present(almost all of them have this weird aftertaste). But as for ur question...definitely stay away from Aspartame. IMO it has the worst aftertaste. Sucralose is better(still has an aftertaste) but it can be masked with flavoring(or at least that's what was done in those products). I would personally rate stevia to be at the same level as sucralose(they have different aftertastes but I find the intensity of those aftertastes to be the same).

I found erythritol to be as close to real sugar(in terms of taste) as an artificial sweetener can be. Still though taste is subjective...u can try an experimental batch with various different artificial sweeteners and see which one u prefer.

Now give me more cookies for this...and not the artificially sweetened ones ROFL

Thank you for the insight, but in cooking / baking tastes change that's why I asked. Have you tried Ben's cookies?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Thank you for the insight, but in cooking / baking tastes change that's why I asked. Have you tried Ben's cookies?
I have not...also I don't have much baking experience (other than using premade ready to make cookie dough) so I can't help u there. My post prior to this one is all I know regarding the taste of artificial sweeteners.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan

@Khafee you just bought a knife to a cannon fight!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I have not...also I don't have much baking experience (other than using premade ready to make cookie dough) so I can't help u there. My post prior to this one is all I know regarding the taste of artificial sweeteners.
You cant be a cookie aficionado without having Ben's cookies. Do a review for us, if you do.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
You cant be a cookie aficionado without having Ben's cookies. Do a review for us, if you do.
Uff ufff,
@Khafee habibi kia yad dila dia,

i am sure you might have cone across this. Costs around 13-14AED per pack, heavenly taste. Nothing like the normal biscuits. These are pure butter one’s, Eating since i was child

FE71A085-E006-4B2F-A8AE-DA4597DCF332.jpeg
0D85A081-7994-4526-9E42-A073E71E0149.jpeg
E9601AE4-4AF4-43A3-B40C-F94D0F3AEB68.jpeg

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Just visited their website...gotta give it a try...everything looks delicious. I had never heard of them before...guess I've been living under a rock.
Uff ufff,
@Khafee habibi kia yad dila dia,

i am sure you might have cone across this. Costs around 13-14AED per pack, heavenly taste. Nothing like the normal biscuits. These are pure butter one’s, Eating since i was child
Man I can never get enough of these...simply amazing.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Just visited their website...gotta give it a try...everything looks delicious. I had never heard of them before...guess I've been living under a rock.

Man I can never get enough of these...simply amazing.
You had walkers as well?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0