China lobbies on the Spratlys issue

Ratings
1 111 0
Country
Philippines
It seems that China has a different strategy in its approach regarding the Spratlys issue. It is snubbing the UN Tribunal hearing where the Philippines has filed a case. The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague, Netherlands which is the venue is being contested by China as not the proper venue. If China succeeds then that arbitration will have no bearing to the case at all.

Here is the link - China lobbies hard ahead of PH’s sea arbitration case | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

Ratings
0 47 0
Country
USA
China is trying to desperately to fuel its country. I am surprised they have guts to pull this off and got so far along with it. They know they are wrong. Their are other countries that have more of a favorable claim to the islands'reefs, but China will do what it has to do to preserve its economy. I doubt this will ever go to tribunal proceedings.

Ratings
1 111 0
Country
Philippines
@joshposh, this issue of the Spratlys is getting bigger everyday. And I also see that China is doing its best to muddle the issue as if buying time so the verdict will not arrive that soon. With the tribunal, I also think that it will not prosper that much so maybe we will wait some other time and for some other venue. For now, China is also on a wait and see attitude on what we would do.

Ratings
0 47 0
Country
USA
@joshposh, this issue of the Spratlys is getting bigger everyday. And I also see that China is doing its best to muddle the issue as if buying time so the verdict will not arrive that soon. With the tribunal, I also think that it will not prosper that much so maybe we will wait some other time and for some other venue. For now, China is also on a wait and see attitude on what we would do.
They are just going to stall and ask for a change of venue or a continuance. They will not give up the said area until they have sucked it dry of all it's resources. Don't hold your breath and think for a minute that they will have a change of heart on the matter. The only thing that will get them out of there is by force. If the US is willing to give up American lives for oil, then they will let their soldiers die for it as well.

Ratings
1 111 0
Country
Philippines
@joshposh, your line of thinking is truly Filipino. But haven't we thought about China is actually scared of the Philippines because of its allies like the US? And now there is a tendency that Japan will side with the Philippines because they have their own cold war with China. And perhaps there are other countries sympathetic to the cause of the Philippines. What do you think of that premise?

Ratings
0 47 0
Country
USA
@joshposh, your line of thinking is truly Filipino. But haven't we thought about China is actually scared of the Philippines because of its allies like the US? And now there is a tendency that Japan will side with the Philippines because they have their own cold war with China. And perhaps there are other countries sympathetic to the cause of the Philippines. What do you think of that premise?
Actually your comments are truly Filipino. A lot of assumptions and speculations and no real proof, with delusional thinking that you have friend that will back you up. The US and Japan are using the Philippines for its strategic locations. If the US wanted it to they would of taken those islands for themselves but didn't want to piss of the even more countries. They are there for self serving reasons and not to take care of your corrupt government.

Look, they know they are wrong, but they are going to do it anyways. The US told them to stop but they kept on building. They don't care if you got Japan training your ill equipped military. they will continue to drill and mine the area for resources just like how the USA is constantly in the middle east looking for oil. They do what they want because it is in their best interest.

Ratings
1 111 0
Country
Philippines
We were cleaning the car this morning and my family had a casual chat about ISIS. One asked what would happen if ISIS would take over the whole world. We were all speechless until another replied that this cold war with China on the Spratlys issue would seem like a petty spat, huh. Everyone agreed to that. So maybe if I were the ambassador to China, I would exert all effort to establish good relations with that country.