China lobbies on the Spratlys issue | World Defense

China lobbies on the Spratlys issue

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
It seems that China has a different strategy in its approach regarding the Spratlys issue. It is snubbing the UN Tribunal hearing where the Philippines has filed a case. The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague, Netherlands which is the venue is being contested by China as not the proper venue. If China succeeds then that arbitration will have no bearing to the case at all.

Here is the link - China lobbies hard ahead of PH’s sea arbitration case | mb.com.ph | Philippine News

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@joshposh, this issue of the Spratlys is getting bigger everyday. And I also see that China is doing its best to muddle the issue as if buying time so the verdict will not arrive that soon. With the tribunal, I also think that it will not prosper that much so maybe we will wait some other time and for some other venue. For now, China is also on a wait and see attitude on what we would do.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@joshposh, your line of thinking is truly Filipino. But haven't we thought about China is actually scared of the Philippines because of its allies like the US? And now there is a tendency that Japan will side with the Philippines because they have their own cold war with China. And perhaps there are other countries sympathetic to the cause of the Philippines. What do you think of that premise?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
We were cleaning the car this morning and my family had a casual chat about ISIS. One asked what would happen if ISIS would take over the whole world. We were all speechless until another replied that this cold war with China on the Spratlys issue would seem like a petty spat, huh. Everyone agreed to that. So maybe if I were the ambassador to China, I would exert all effort to establish good relations with that country.