China vs India - Ladakh StandOff

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
1597014642900.png

What I am still curious about,
What was the sudden reason that China went offensive on Ladakh against India ?

There could be multiple possibilities :

- India was planning some mischief, On multiple fronts (Kashmir, Arabian Sea, LAC-Pak), Intel recieved, China went forward with a devised plan.

- Feb 27, Pak-China possible collaboration in planning for the long term ? That might explain a lot, And I mean a Lot, The downing of IAF jets and India retreating back to movies and fake awards. This proved India’s actual capability and worth

- Something India did or was about to do in Kashmir, To which China jumped in.

- Something to do with possible India-Iran / India-USA, ANTI PAK Collaboration? Explainable as China got hold of Iran with this massive investment pact This checkmating India.

- One last possibility is the pandemic And World/Indian economy downfall. China which is recovering steadily and has a very high potential still for exports, Can sustain, Can try to show the aggressive posture to the world while USA keeps declining due to inflation and Withdrawals from various parts of the world, China going for the throne, Starting by playing Bully game with India.

This is all I can think of

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
What I am still curious about,
What was the sudden reason that China went offensive on Ladakh against India ?

There could be multiple possibilities :

- India was planning some mischief, On multiple fronts (Kashmir, Arabian Sea, LAC-Pak), Intel recieved, China went forward with a devised plan.

- Feb 27, Pak-China possible collaboration in planning for the long term ? That might explain a lot, And I mean a Lot, The downing of IAF jets and India retreating back to movies and fake awards. This proved India’s actual capability and worth

- Something India did or was about to do in Kashmir, To which China jumped in.

- Something to do with possible India-Iran / India-USA, ANTI PAK Collaboration? Explainable as China got hold of Iran with this massive investment pact This checkmating India.

- One last possibility is the pandemic And World/Indian economy downfall. China which is recovering steadily and has a very high potential still for exports, Can sustain, Can try to show the aggressive posture to the world while USA keeps declining due to inflation and Withdrawals from various parts of the world, China going for the throne, Starting by playing Bully game with India.

This is all I can think of
This is the first step to China's plan for a big initiative in the region, of which Pakistan is a part. It is upon Pakistan, now, on how much initiative it can muster to further the game plan and become a significant part in the plan.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
This is the first step to China's plan for a big initiative in the region, of which Pakistan is a part. It is upon Pakistan, now, on how much initiative it can muster to further the game plan and become a significant part in the plan.
Pak Gov needs a better FM right now, Someone who works shoulder to shoulder with Imran Khan.

PMIK has his shortfalls on internal matters due to prevailing corruption but I believe he can do good on the Foreign Relation part. Just need some shuffling and kicking out some scums from the party/Gov.

As for China, China always wanted superiority over others, Their vision brought them to where they are today.

They had economic and Business superiority and still have, I think now they have decided to become a Super... A true SuperPower.

For that, They need excess Power Show, China can only succeed if it succeeds in OBOR/BRI/CPEC.

At the same time, To showcase its power to the world, It needs to make a good stronghold in its region, Hence why India should be corrected and China is doing that.

If Pakistan manages to maintain China as well as All time allies like GCC together, And focus on increasing cooperation, Pakistan is not away from being an “Influencial Regional Power”, Instead of being just a “Regional Power”.

The word Influence would mean a lot for Pakistan.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
At the same time, To showcase its power to the world, It needs to make a good stronghold in its region, Hence why India should be corrected and China is doing that.
This is more a show of strength to the west ... that ... look what we have done without even firing a single shot and you have not been able to do anything till date to support your stooge on the ground.

That I believe is what China has announced by it's Ladakh expedition.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan

China controls 1,000 sq. km of area in Ladakh​

NEW DELHI , AUGUST 31, 2020

Army convoy moves along Srinagar-Leh national highway, in Ganderbal district on August 31, 2020.

Army convoy moves along Srinagar-Leh national highway, in Ganderbal district on August 31, 2020. | Photo Credit: Nissar Ahmad

The official revealed that in Depsang Plains, from patrolling point 10-13, the scale of Chinese control of India’s perception of the LAC stood at about 900 sq.km.​

About 1,000 square kilometres of area in Ladakh along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) is now under Chinese control, intelligence inputs provided to the Centre suggest.

China has been amassing troops and fortifying its presence along the LAC since April-May. Twenty soldiers were killed on June 15 in the Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh in violent clashes with China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) troops.

A senior government official told The Hindu that from Depsang Plains to Chushul there had been a systematic mobilisation by the Chinese troops along the undefined LAC.

The official revealed that in Depsang Plains, from patrolling point 10-13, the scale of Chinese control of India’s perception of the LAC stood at about 900 sq.km.

About 20 sq. km in Galwan Valley and 12 sq. km in Hot Springs area is said to be under Chinese occupation, the official said. In Pangong Tso, the area under Chinese control is 65 sq. km, whereas in Chushul it is 20 sq. km, the official said.

The standoff at the China border continues even after several rounds of diplomatic and military level talks. A partial disengagement commenced after Special Representatives (SRs) Ajit Doval and Wang Yi, tasked to hammer out a solution to the boundary dispute, spoke on July 5.

However, as per the agreement, Indian troops also moved back from their existing positions leading to creation of buffer zones at all the disputed sites.

Chinese forces are occupying a considerable area from Finger 4 to 8 near Pangong Tso (lake). The distance between Finger 4-8, the mountainous spurs abutting the lake, is about eight km. The stretch was patrolled both by India and China till May and India considers it to form part of its perception of the LAC.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Situation on Ladakh heating up. India used SFF commandoes (comprising of Tibetans) to occupy 2 peaks on the southern side of the lake.

JohnB

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Australia
Slightly OT,

China will keep pushing until they get resistance, it is the usual communist way.

Not sure just how much willingness or ability India has, but I sort of doubt they can throw China back home behind her border. I doubt that the area is good tank country, so it will end up as a infantry and maybe artillery war but again the level of Indian commitment may be lacking.

What interests me lately is the overall capablility of the Indian Navy and whether she is capable of mounting or supporting a closing of the Strait of Malacca. With all the sabre rattling of the PLAN I wonder just how many of all these pretty new ships will be allocated to defending that supply line.

If the need exists then we may well see more and more ships near the Sunda Strait and the Lombok Strait as well, and PLAN ships cannot be in two places at the same time. The PLAN will be overstretched I expect.