Clinton: Another Sex Scandal? | World Defense

Clinton: Another Sex Scandal?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
He has only been linked to . . . the scandal. How will this affect his wife's bid to be the next president?
Catnip for the media: Bill Clinton's tangential tie to an appalling sex scandal | Fox News
the former president is now “tied” to a guy who allegedly was surrounded by a number of underage girls and spent 13 months in prison for solicitation of prostitution . . . If a serious allegation against the 42nd president surfaces in this mess, that is fair game for the press. But we ought to be careful about plunging into guilt by association.
Still, the salacious tale has led to all kinds of chatter, along the lines of Will This Affect Hillary’s Campaign?
Yeah, question in light of this new development is, will it negatively impact Hillary Clinton's bid to be the next U.S president?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
The scandal is sure to stain the name of his wife. Given that they are public figures, they are supposed to be role models and they must embody idealism. But as it's happening, it's not. Well, if they can't stop themselves from falling into temptation, they must at least do everything in their power to keep their scandals hidden and to make their names as clean as it could be. Just please, don't let them be the a model of false hope for the people. They must project sanctity and purity. They must be living like saints, not for themselves, but for those who believe them.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Quite obviously her opponents will use this against her too. The media loves such sensational stories and by the time they are done, Hillary may be forced to give up her quest. Add to that all she did after leaving the Obama govt. it all spells doom for the Democrats should they decide to field her as Presidential candidate.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
So much dirt is dug up for these campaigns from what you say or how you look. They have been through worse and if it guilt by association then I am sure everyone has a truckload. I don't think it will make much difference as it's not direct and given the choices does the US really want to be run by a Bush? Who else is there? People need to look at the bigger picture, few Presidents have been squeaky clean. I can't think of one, but am open to anyone suggesting one!

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
He has only been linked to . . . the scandal. How will this affect his wife's bid to be the next president?
Catnip for the media: Bill Clinton's tangential tie to an appalling sex scandal | Fox News

Yeah, question in light of this new development is, will it negatively impact Hillary Clinton's bid to be the next U.S president?

I think that this should get her more votes. She is usually composed in all her campaigns irrespective of what is going on in her home life. I would give her my vote if I could because she has a strong character. She will do very well in the house of power if you ask me.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
It's too early to tell who can or can't win. A Bush won't be elected to the White House any time soon and I'm sure the GOP would not make the mistake of fielding Jeb. If we are to look a the outcome of the mid-term elections it appears like many Americans have lost faith in the democrats and would like to see if the Republicans can undo the mistakes Obama has made. If they choose the right candidate, Clinton won't win.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
You can see the rumor mill kicking into overdrive in the run up to the election. Whether there's any truth to the story is another matter. The smear campaigns will obviously gather pace on both sides of the political divide. Let the games begin!

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Sex scandals still pursue Clinton after all these years, it's case to say that now they might embarrass Hillary because he is retired from politics, but surely bad news for the family and democracy.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
The Clintons just can't seem to catch a break! I agree, as election seasons ramp up there will be a lot more dirt dug up from both sides, regardless of how true they may be. This just seems like the beginning.

kd3pc

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
When Bill says, "I did not have sex with that woman" and then describes oral sex with her....that spoke volumes about what the "people" expect of their president. And will put up with, and whom in this case they re-elected with no thought what soever from his scandalous behavior.

This will not do a thing for or against Hillary's plans to run or not run. WE expect this behavior any more, and will likely get what we expect.

And with Obama in the white house, twice now - we will continue to be pleased with whomever is put forth as candidates. The person we need to run the country, will not run.

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
Well, one thing is certain. Whether they like it or not, this tie will be used to the hilt by the anti-Clintons to disparage them. Hilary's plan to run will be tainted somewhat. I don't know how American voters think, but in the Philippines, people usually go for the underdogs so Hilary might have a good chance in our country especially if she plays the martyr wife. On one hand, people may think on the line that he will be a bad influence to his wife. The campaign manager will play a great role in this campaign if ever. That can turn into an interesting series to watch.

While there are press people who are conscientious and responsible, the press will always be the press, sensationalizing issues that are already scandalous. I guess it is the same almost anywhere in the world. After all, stories like this sells like pancakes.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
So let's get this straight, Clinton was friends with this guy between 2002 - 2005 and finally cut him off in 2008 after the police investigation into him began. So they haven't been friends for almost 7 years...and the woman who is currently the focus of the story states she never went near him - nor did any of the other girls on the island.

So there isn't really anything to report, is there? Once again, the media are sensationalizing things, probably because they have little else to report (or do they want to ruin Hillary's Presidential campaign?). A load of garbage with no real substance whatsoever.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
So there isn't really anything to report, is there? Once again, the media are sensationalizing things, probably because they have little else to report (or do they want to ruin Hillary's Presidential campaign?). A load of garbage with no real substance whatsoever.
You've pretty much summed up the media in America - it doesn't matter rather there's any truth to it, as long as it sells papers or gets viewers, the media will put it out there. The uninformed then run with it as if it's the gospel truth - they don't let something like the facts get in the way.

As far as this impacting Hillary - the elections are still so far away that a million other "scandals" will surface and this will all be forgotten by next month. We have a short memory in the US! It's such a shame, though, that instead of looking at a candidates qualifications and abilities and then deciding whether he/she would make a good president, we look at things that have no bearing on their ability to run the country. Even if the rumor about Bill is true, does that make Hillary less qualified?

sillylucy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
This was totally released at the right time to hurt Hillary's chance of being the first female president. It sounds like something that the Bush family leaked. They are really pushing for George W.'s brother, Jeb, to be the next president.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I welcome anything that may help keep the Clintons from ever living in the White House again. The only thing I can see leading to me voting republican (I am a US Ex-Pat) is if Hillary is running for President.