Cops Execute Homeless Man Los Angeles CA | World Defense

Cops Execute Homeless Man Los Angeles CA

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
The name this city was given was more appropriate then its name givers may have realized. I lived in LA for 7 years and this street where this happened is a street I walked down everyday for those 7 years. The building in the background across the street is a building many of you are familiar with and do not realize because it is shown in almost every movie that is shot in the city of Los Angeles. I am still in shock that this happened and shows the severity of the fear and civil unrest in the streets of LA. I heard of these things happening on Hollywood Blvd and various other parts of Los Angeles, but this is the first time I have ever seen it happen on this particular street. The building they are in front of is the Social Services building where they cater to the homeless and impoverished families to assist with food and other forms of assistance.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Yet more trigger happy cops. All those officers couldn't restrain one homeless guy without shooting him? Ridiculous, I don't buy it.

Of course, they'll probably get away with this and the whole issue of being far too quick to shoot to kill will get swept under the rug again. This article from the BBC gives a little more detail on the situation.

BBC News - US police shoot homeless man dead in Los Angeles

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
With the solid strong economy power the US has yet failed to left homeless people off the street, rehab them and provide shelter and job for them. But the US has no problem whatsoever funding military operations against innocents all over the word. Yes innocents. Kill one terrorist and ten innocents.Instead of funding military operations, it should spend those funds to help improve the living stander of the needy people.

JoshSmith100

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I love the country I live in but the police force is certainly a huge negative here in the United States. They are quite brutal and do not have the same discipline as they have in other countries. Its quite sad that this homeless man had to die due to another poor decision by a cop.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I love the country I live in but the police force is certainly a huge negative here in the United States. They are quite brutal and do not have the same discipline as they have in other countries. Its quite sad that this homeless man had to die due to another poor decision by a cop.

The police in your country seem really paranoid to me. Like they are scared that someone might have a gun so they shoot first? In a way, I can understand this, I suppose it's an innate human action but you are right to say that it takes self-discipline to get over this.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
The name this city was given was more appropriate then its name givers may have realized. I lived in LA for 7 years and this street where this happened is a street I walked down everyday for those 7 years. The building in the background across the street is a building many of you are familiar with and do not realize because it is shown in almost every movie that is shot in the city of Los Angeles. I am still in shock that this happened and shows the severity of the fear and civil unrest in the streets of LA. I heard of these things happening on Hollywood Blvd and various other parts of Los Angeles, but this is the first time I have ever seen it happen on this particular street. The building they are in front of is the Social Services building where they cater to the homeless and impoverished families to assist with food and other forms of assistance.

I heard about this as well, we need to figure out a solution, They need their guns removed, and find some other way of proctecting the people and themselves cause this just doesn't make any sense. It's plenty of technology out there for weapons.

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Please remember that you can't blame an organization for this. It isn't the fault of the entire police force, just one man.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well I hope these murders that parade in uniforms as police start to be prosecuted and sent to prison so that the police as a whole don't become labelled as murders. It is full time these people who use more force than necessary, start facing criminal charges and not be allowed to ruin the reputation of the police.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Please remember that you can't blame an organization for this. It isn't the fault of the entire police force, just one man.

Actually, those two officers were part of the Rampart police division (LAPD) and I have dealt a lot with the Rampart division as a manager at a residential hotel in the area for years. Its the entire department, not just one man. Out of every 10 cops that came to my building, only one was worth his/her salt and most came in there acting like they were "Billy Bad A*^%". They had little or no respect even when they were treated with respect.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I heard about this as well, we need to figure out a solution, They need their guns removed, and find some other way of proctecting the people and themselves cause this just doesn't make any sense. It's plenty of technology out there for weapons.

On suggestion I have is giving them non lethal weapons. Those SOB's hurt enough to stop an attack but do not kill. I should know... we tested one on me once. I an NEVER volunteering for that again! Bean bag left a bruise on me the size of a dinner plate and hurt like all hell for days.

sillylucy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I am from Los Angeles and I was completely in shock when they killed that man on Hollywood Blvd and Highland. Then when I heard this happen it was only in the new for a little bit and then it was hush hush. I don't understand how more people in LA are not outraged by this.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
The police in your country seem really paranoid to me. Like they are scared that someone might have a gun so they shoot first? In a way, I can understand this, I suppose it's an innate human action but you are right to say that it takes self-discipline to get over this.
I don't believe it's cowardice as much as it a power trip combined with a lack of accountability. When they pull the trigger it isn't fear controlling their finger, but they're mad someone didn't defied them, even if they didnt really. It keeps happening and they keep getting no more than a slap on the wrist--- and that's assuming the judge decides to come down hard on them.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I don't like all of the demonization of cops that is going on nowadays. Certainly some cops do a bad job and make huge mistakes. That goes for any profession. But most folks are decent hard working people who want to protect their communities. I personally salute them for the job they do. They are under a lot of stress and under staffed in a lot of places.

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I believe that it is wrong for officers to abuse their position and use it to justify doing terrible things. I also believe it is wrong for someone who does not know hardly any facts about an event to use emotive words like "execute." It is irresponsible. If we are able to gather some facts, then maybe you can make a case for an execution. We should strive to talk about these issues in a way that does them justice, and aims at justice. I dislike much of what police do. Does that mean I am willing to sacrifice my rational filters to make them look bad? Nope. I will look at each case based on its own merits. I will argue for what is right and do what I can to change what I think is wrong.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I believe that it is wrong for officers to abuse their position and use it to justify doing terrible things. I also believe it is wrong for someone who does not know hardly any facts about an event to use emotive words like "execute." It is irresponsible. If we are able to gather some facts, then maybe you can make a case for an execution. We should strive to talk about these issues in a way that does them justice, and aims at justice. I dislike much of what police do. Does that mean I am willing to sacrifice my rational filters to make them look bad? Nope. I will look at each case based on its own merits. I will argue for what is right and do what I can to change what I think is wrong.

I was actually being nice using the word execute because the definition of execute is to carry out the death sentence of a legally condemned individual. However, I could have used murdered because if you watch the video and read the reports and know anything about LAPD especially Rampart Division and have ever had to deal with them as I have, that is exactly what happened here. I agree, not all officers are bad. I have friends who are officers and they even said the same things I have said after seeing this video... ok, some said worse, but I am too much a lady (which isn't saying much) to repeat anything they said. :p