Corruption | Page 2 | World Defense

Corruption

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
There are countless stories of corruption here that will blow your mind. Just yesterday, I saw on TV the senate hearing about the corruption in the medical field, particularly the eye centers who are abusing the Philhealth program. That program extends financial assistance to senior citizens. What those eye centers did was to treat with laser those old people, sometimes up to 4 times a year just to avail of the government financing. It's really terrible.

This happens a lot here with Medicare and particularly, Medicaid providers. The worst doctors and dentists seem to be attracted to the sure money provided by the government, rather than having to find patients on their own, and they often not only overbill, but as @Corzhens stated, over treat the patients, with no regard for their health, or the necessity for the procedures. As a result, the government ends up cracking down on expenditures, which makes it more difficult for those on the programs, to get the services they need. This is the case with the crackdown on durable medical devices, since there's been so much fraud related to wheelchairs and scooters.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
The military in my country isn't the most saint, but it's to some degree good. Fairly good. Whereas politicians... sorry for my words, but they are the scum of the Earth. Most of them benefit of parliamentary immunity, so they don't penally respond for their actions, which is completely bad. "Everyone's equal, but some are more equal than others."