Could the people stand a chance against the military? | Page 5 | World Defense

Could the people stand a chance against the military?

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Well I reckon the people could cause severe damage and also, loss of life would occur like in Ukraine we have rebels fighting since last year and it is ongoing which is sad to see it happening. If riots occurred, than it would be deadly and people fighting whoever came their way would cause tension and see people do what it takes to win no matter the cost. I think the military would be able to defuse the ones fighting them and would need to be alert as a wounded person will do what it takes to kill or harm and not think about their life.

piez

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think there is any way civilians could stand against our well armed military. Our military can stand up to other well armed forces with pretty good ease. Although we do have civilians who are well versed in weaponry and tactics I just don't think it is enough to defeat the current military that we have now. Especially since it grows larger and stronger everyday.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
I can agree to a certain extent, but I have always had one basic theory....

One of the reasons no one has been dumb enough to try and attack our country is because even if they got past our military.... our citizens are armed to. I am not referring to being armed to protect against your own (even though that is very wise also) I mean to protect my own from other countries. Sooner or later, some one is going to get stupid and attempt the improbably.... I am just saying that one should always be prepared in the event that occurs.

Besides, every knows they are a very peaceful people. Probably one of the very few. LMAO

That is true, if there weren't armies other country might invade us, but this is just in the theoretical plan. Considering the current situation people can make a lot of pressure like it's happening in Greece and Spain for example and the military has no say.

JoanMcWench

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Speaking to the initial question: That's a difficult one to approach. I mean the closest I can get to a definitive answer is there is always a chance the people can overthrow their government. A corrupt government makes a lot of enemies. However, historically it really doesn't go to swell for the country in the end either way.