Cypris Orders EgyptAir Hijacker Held For 8 Days | World Defense

Cypris Orders EgyptAir Hijacker Held For 8 Days

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
The hijacking took place on Tuesday, March 29, 2016, and lasted for about six hours. The plane was flying from Alexandria to Cairo, when Seif Eddin Mustafa claimed to have explosives, and redirected the flight to Cyprus. Most of the 72 onboard the flight were released upon landing in Cyprus, although several were held until shortly before the hijacker surrendered.

Egypt's General Prosecutor Nabil Sadek has requested that Cyprus extradite Mustafa to Egypt, so an investigation can begin. Based on various unusual requests by Mustafa during the incident, he has been described as psychologically unstable. Apparently Mustafa has a lengthy criminal history, but was not under a travel ban. Here's a link to the story: Daily Democrat | Associated Press News

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any definitive reason as to why the guy did it?

I am hearing reports that he did it to win his wife back or something but I'm not sure I believe it. I've seen pictures of the inside of the plane where a man had a selfie with the guy and both seemed in good spirits and not at all worried. It all seems pretty weird to me.