Do you think that NATO intervention will occur in Ukraine if the situation deteriorates?

kestas57

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picture this scenario: Most of Eastern Ukraine has fallen. The Russian army is approaching Kiev.

Do you think NATO would intervene?

xTinx

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's about time they do, but to actually predict their next move is beyond me. NATO is doing everything they can to communicate with Russia. In a report that dates back to 6 days ago, U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip Breedlove confirmed that NATO is in the process of re-establishing "direct contact" with the chief of the Russian general staff, Gen. Valery Gerasimov. Let's see how things go. This is a war where you can't let weapons do all the talking.

Redheart

Reaction score
Country
USA
Ukraine isn't a NATO member. Russia could invade Ukraine and the West would abandon Ukraine to their fate. But . . .

. . . Russia's intention isn't to annex Ukraine so quite obviously NATO isn't going to intervene. It would be too costly for them. They'll settle for:

a) a divided Ukraine.
OR
b) an unstable Ukraine.

haitch

NEW RECRUIT
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the possibility of a NATO intervention is quite unlikely but i wouldn't be surprised to see aid coming from individual countries that want to support Ukraine. That is of course assuming that Ukraine don't join NATO in the near future.