Do you think that NATO intervention will occur in Ukraine if the situation deteriorates? | World Defense

Do you think that NATO intervention will occur in Ukraine if the situation deteriorates?

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Picture this scenario: Most of Eastern Ukraine has fallen. The Russian army is approaching Kiev.

Do you think NATO would intervene?

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
It's about time they do, but to actually predict their next move is beyond me. NATO is doing everything they can to communicate with Russia. In a report that dates back to 6 days ago, U.S. Air Force Gen. Philip Breedlove confirmed that NATO is in the process of re-establishing "direct contact" with the chief of the Russian general staff, Gen. Valery Gerasimov. Let's see how things go. This is a war where you can't let weapons do all the talking.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Ukraine isn't a NATO member. Russia could invade Ukraine and the West would abandon Ukraine to their fate. But . . .

. . . Russia's intention isn't to annex Ukraine so quite obviously NATO isn't going to intervene. It would be too costly for them. They'll settle for:

a) a divided Ukraine.
OR
b) an unstable Ukraine.

haitch

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the possibility of a NATO intervention is quite unlikely but i wouldn't be surprised to see aid coming from individual countries that want to support Ukraine. That is of course assuming that Ukraine don't join NATO in the near future.