donald trump and defence | World Defense

donald trump and defence

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
so with trump coming into the big time in politics do you think he will understand the military and defence techniques to protect the country from terrorists and does he look like a president that would keep the peace?

arthnel

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
I like the stance of President Obama when he reminds us that the President will have access to launch codes at all time, so think carefully about who you put in the White House. I mean no offense at all. I'm just scared to even think of Donal Trump managing the affairs of the USA, let alone our defenses. The guys has a short fuse and seems to be trigger happy. I am very cautious of who I want to see running the country.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I personally am concerned with Obama having the launch codes. I don't agree with his policies, his actions, nor many of those with whom he surrounds himself. I'm not sure how I feel about Donald Trump having access to those codes.

I do think Trump would surround himself with people I would find more palatable, and despite having failed business in some instances, I do think there's a possibility that he could do some of what he's said he would do, help rebuild our manufacturing sector, and increase jobs that would pay enough to increase the standard of living for many who are now having difficulty meeting their financial obligations.

Regardless of who is elected, he or she would be one part of a three-part system of government that has been put in place as a system of checks and balances.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't think such a racist should be elected as a president.

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It's clear that Donald Trump doesn't understand politics. He brags about being so successful yet he's been bankrupt 3 times. His stance currently on taking out immigrants, Muslims, Mexicans, etc., proves that he'll bring disaster to the country that represents religious freedom so proudly. I'd be surprised if he makes it a day in the white house without starting a war.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
so with trump coming into the big time in politics do you think he will understand the military and defence techniques to protect the country from terrorists and does he look like a president that would keep the peace?
POTUS does not have the kind of power that you think he has. If JB Junior got by with 2 wars, I think Trump will too. I mean he's going to get briefed and "trained" everyday and he can learn very quickly unlike Bush Junior. Trump would make a great leader because he'll have the best intelligence and military advisors in the world. The power will always lie in the hands of the CIA and other guys who know whats going on in the field.

Cuqueman

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Donald Trump doesn't seem very experienced with military politics, or foreign relations for that matter. I'd worry that if he becomes President of the United States he wouldn't be able to handle military affairs properly. He isn't even very well liked by our allies, which is extremely worrisome. He also doesn't seem to have much of a stance on military at all, with the exception of proposing to fix the Veteran Affairs Department. He'd have to put in a lot of work to better understand military/foreign affairs if he becomes President.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
That's not the President's role, we have a military branch, commander, generals, homeland security for that. All he has to do is just fund them.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Donald Trump doesn't seem very experienced with military politics, or foreign relations for that matter. I'd worry that if he becomes President of the United States he wouldn't be able to handle military affairs properly. He isn't even very well liked by our allies, which is extremely worrisome. He also doesn't seem to have much of a stance on military at all, with the exception of proposing to fix the Veteran Affairs Department. He'd have to put in a lot of work to better understand military/foreign affairs if he becomes President.

Foreign policy affairs or military affairs? I'm assuming you mean foreign policy. Foreign policy wise, he has spoke on the Middle East since that's the big topic among presidential debates. He's opposed to toppling Assad, he thinks Iraq war was a failure. He wants the Israeli's and Palestinians to implement a two state solution. For South Korea, he wants to protect them but at a higher price on their part.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me if you are a Trump fanatic. I think Donald Trump would be a cowboy president who is quick on the draw, reminiscent of the days when Ronald Reagan was at the white house. He has the same bravado but firm conviction that would easily scare off the potential enemies of the US. And with the firepower that the president has on his hands, world war 3 is not a far-fetched idea.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Anyways, it's the will of the masses. They can choose whoever they like, even if that person is a little trigger happy. The fact is that noone seems to elect leaders based on issues, elections are won and lost based on whether people "like" or connect with a particular leader, which is a dangerous way to choose leaders.

I think we should really have some way of pinning down politicians when they say something so that atleast the policies and the consequences of those policies are clear.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It seems we're already in World War III, it's just not been labeled as such. Here in the United States, we have three equal branches at the head of our government. They are designed to form a system of checks and balances, so the power isn't concentrated in one set of hands. However, it does often take longer for the president to be checked by the other branches, since that involves more than one person, and takes concerted effort.

Many aren't happy that Donald Trump hasn't given specifics of how, if elected, he'll enact the policies he proposes. Many wouldn't be happy even if he did delineate how he'd go about making changes, nor would they be happy with those policies. There will never come a time when 100% of the people are happy with who is in charge, even if they are the ones who voted for him/her.

ipm_zipedia

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
USA
I like the stance of President Obama when he reminds us that the President will have access to launch codes at all time, so think carefully about who you put in the White House. I mean no offense at all. I'm just scared to even think of Donal Trump managing the affairs of the USA, let alone our defenses. The guys has a short fuse and seems to be trigger happy. I am very cautious of who I want to see running the country.
The loose-canon political cop on the edge personality that Trump flaunts around isn't what everyone makes it out to be. He's done a good job making himself look like a malevolent candidate who won't back down on his word and says what people want to say, and the fear tactic-esque stuff he says is for the purpose of exposure. Our government still has integrity, and Trump is going to have to go through the same checks and balances of any other president.

arthnel

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
@imp_zipedia I agree that the President will have handlers and will have to go through checks and balances. But the president is not a contained entity who does whatever he is told to do. The president has leverage as commander in chief. It odes not mean this is all about launch codes only. I have a hard time foreseeing even Donald Trump wanting to use nuclear weapons as resolution. But the rhetoric and response to other world leaders in diplomacy is also a sensitive issue. |Donald Trump is burning his bridges even before crossing them. Caustic behavior is necessary only when necessary. Trump is caustic all the time. The world does not need that right now. America has no need for that either.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I think Donald trump would surround himself with people who know what they are doing and hopefully he doesn't get rid of people or start a war as quickly and easily ad he "fires"them. I don't think the bankruptcy thing is an issue because how many of us have been through bad financials and been able to rise through the ashes! I think Clinton is not runner because she is a woman and I feel that this is the reason why she will not get elected, Ted Cruz is nice but he seems weak and doesn't look like a leader for a nation. Trump is the strongest looking candidate but wanting to rid USA of Mexicans, Muslims etc is its ploy or does he really mean it because hid wives have been foreigners?