donald trump and defence | Page 2 | World Defense

donald trump and defence

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Even though I would like to totally agree with you on him being an idiot. But that idiot is just pretending to be one. He is actually extremely smart and is the clear frontrunner now because he is smart. And he is going to gain further momentum.

Governments don't rely on the guy at the top, governments are continuous machines that don't stop or wait for anyone. There are enough checks and balances in place to ensure Trump doesn't do anything dumb.

Also, I think all of this is just a facade to help him win. As far as I know, he's a pretty intelligent guy. It's the will of the masses. It's going to be either him or Hillary now.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I think Donald trump would surround himself with people who know what they are doing and hopefully he doesn't get rid of people or start a war as quickly and easily ad he "fires"them. I don't think the bankruptcy thing is an issue because how many of us have been through bad financials and been able to rise through the ashes! I think Clinton is not runner because she is a woman and I feel that this is the reason why she will not get elected, Ted Cruz is nice but he seems weak and doesn't look like a leader for a nation. Trump is the strongest looking candidate but wanting to rid USA of Mexicans, Muslims etc is its ploy or does he really mean it because hid wives have been foreigners?

He doesn't want to get rid of anybody. He wants to seal the southern borders. To prevent illegal immigration. He want's a temporary pause on Muslim immigration. Not because he is anti-Muslim, but because there are people inside the US gov't intentionally allowing ISIS members or known attackers who are plotting into the country to carry out attacks. Trump want's to find out why these US gov't members are allowing this. It is because they have an hidden agenda.

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I've definitely expressed my opinions of Donald Trump around here before, but to further mention some of the things he's been saying lately. It's unbelievable that someone like him has the ability to be running for president, and even the fact that he has followers. Those who are saying he is smart, indeed he really is smart or he wouldn't be at the success level he is currently at. Even a knowledgeable person doesn't always have the capability to lead, especially the entire country.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
We should all stop with the nonsense. It doesn't matter how his political career develops. One man will never make that kind of decision on its own and his understanding of military, politics or both combined is just going to be a representation of those who have the power to destroy the whole country with no remorse or consequence at all. Trump is just a pawn. I am boring myself with this but you know...people believe what they want to.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Trump seems to believe that it's fashionable to trample on people who he doesn't like and it will be all good. I hope that if he should become president he will take a more rational approach to leadership. he should realise that you don't have to start a war just because you have the capability to do so, and that he should not always put confrontation at the forefront, instead of seeking to have an amicable solution where possible.

arthnel

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Well, for me at least, it is hard to see how Hillary will lose this time. I'm still amazed at how far Trump has come but I will not think of his supporters as baseless or stupid. They are Americans who really believe that Washington needs to be shaken up and that government can do more and be effective. Good Americans are supporting Donald Trump. Good Americans should not be allowed to suffer from his flawed policies, even if they can't foresee them at this time.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Check this video out. He talks bigger then what he actually is. His name is a sham, and his claim to fame is that he is a successful businessman. Which he is not.

Well, I watched all of them. The fact is that they need to stay on him so that he continues his descent. And it seems like the voters are finally coming around to the idea.

The Media built him up, the media should be the one to take him down. I loved the "retribution" that Kelly got by telling the world how terrible Trump really was at business.

If you watch the montage of people getting abused and thrown out of Trump rallies, you'd know that he's already isolated much of the world.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Should Mr. Trump - God forbid - win the presidential elections, I can only imagine the following scenarios:
1. Military spending will double (as if it's not already excessively big at present).
2. All-out war in the Middle East (let's just hope it's not with every race he suspects to have evil designs against America).
3. Military personnel selected based on race rather than on capabilities (shaking my head here).

SCSullivan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Donald Trump as president would be a nightmare not just for America, but for the world. The man does not know the meaning of the words tact and diplomacy. He is running for president not because he believes he can make America better for it's people, but because he believes he can make America better for himself. Should he ever be elected president, then it is my firm belief that prescriptions for sleeping tablets and valium would increase tenfold.

arthnel

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Should Mr. Trump - God forbid - win the presidential elections, I can only imagine the following scenarios:
1. Military spending will double (as if it's not already excessively big at present).
2. All-out war in the Middle East (let's just hope it's not with every race he suspects to have evil designs against America).
3. Military personnel selected based on race rather than on capabilities (shaking my head here).

Yes. And what is even more interesting about your observation is how much it mirrors another world leader. None other than Adolf Hitler who did exactly what you so efficiently outlined. Donald Trump mean the world no good as President of The United States. I find it hard to believe how a man so highly respected in the business world could be so tunnel visioned in general leadership scenarios. It is baffling how miserably he has failed his own reputation.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
I don't think he's tunnel visioned. He is just saying what his supporters want to hear. Its the world's oldest trick - redirect people's anger at an external adversary.

But I do agree with you. He spent his entire life building this brand. And then his brand took a hit with the birther issue. And now, I don't think a lot of companies will do business with him. He lost many of his sponsors and partners already. This campaign has cost him way more than his reputation.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yes. And what is even more interesting about your observation is how much it mirrors another world leader. None other than Adolf Hitler who did exactly what you so efficiently outlined. Donald Trump mean the world no good as President of The United States. I find it hard to believe how a man so highly respected in the business world could be so tunnel visioned in general leadership scenarios. It is baffling how miserably he has failed his own reputation.
Businessmen should stick to their business ventures. I don't know what made him decide to run for office - the presidency no less - but corporate politics and state politics clearly have different goals. Trump deludes himself into thinking he's the only one capable of making a difference. I call that "early signs of ageing" but of course many people do not share the same views.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think such a racist should be elected as a president.
We already have a racist like Obama in office who favors blacks and hates whites, so what should preclude the US from electing Trump if he is that way toward whites and not the rest?

Are people who are not white only comfortable with it being in their favor and never against? Something to think about in all fairness.

Obama inherited a very serious mess, but he's also made it a bigger mess and race-baited the entire nation with everything from the criminal "Michael Brown" to Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

I'm not a Trump supporter, and I see him pandering to the people and appealing to them in ways which are very dangerous. I see some of his supporters not being entirely rational about their support of him albeit similar but still radically different from Obama supporters back in 2008 wanting a type of change that is never allowed to happen realistically.

At the same time, I look at the cultural marxist running America into the ground that we have right now, and I don't see how we can do any worse than him whether we have Trump or Bernie in office? I think we could do worse only if we had Hillary in office than either of those two, but that's a different topic.

Donald Trump is a great businessman, and even good at showmanship. That's not enough to lead a nation or recover it, no matter how good or serious the intent. More is required, but people will go for Trump whether he has the leadership skills and ability for a strong defense or not because they have no other choices that are allowed to be chosen.

It's a scary time for people, for politics, and for everything else in 2016, isn't it?

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
It is a scary scary time. Here's what makes it scary:

At the beginning of this century, people from across the globe wanted to travel to the US to make their lives better. It didn't matter what country or race or religion you belonged to, even if you came from Iran or North Korea, America embraced you with open arms. That is not the case now. I mean everyone I studied in school or college with is in the US, but they are preparing to leave if Trump comes into office. They beat out global competition to reach there, but they are willing to let it all go because they're scared. And none of them are Muslim either. This is why its scary - all you have to be is "non-white".

Remember how everyone started googling about moving to Canada? That is a real thing, at least among the Indian Americans.