Dooms Day Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Apparently the dooms day clock was moved up 2 minutes. The Bulliten of Atomic Scientist moved the hand up two minutes stating that clock will not roll back unless, actions are taken that will reduce the greenhouse gas emissions to acceptable levels, reduce nuclear weapon program and work on nuclear waste problems, and successfully institutionalize the disarmament process.

Vandita of Anonymous said:
The previous time the minute hand was pushed was in 2012, from 11:54 pm to 11:55 pm. Since 2012, the clock had been fixed at 5 minutes to symbolic doom, midnight. The reasons given were lack of global political action to address global climate change, nuclear weapons stockpiles, the potential for regional nuclear conflict and nuclear power safety.

The Clock’s Ticking: Humanity ‘2 Minutes’ Closer To Its Doomsday

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Apparently the dooms day clock was moved up 2 minutes. The Bulliten of Atomic Scientist moved the hand up two minutes stating that clock will not roll back unless, actions are taken that will reduce the greenhouse gas emissions to acceptable levels, reduce nuclear weapon program and work on nuclear waste problems, and successfully institutionalize the disarmament process.

The Clock’s Ticking: Humanity ‘2 Minutes’ Closer To Its Doomsday
So I'm wondering what exactly "Doom's Day" will be. Are we going to blow up? Not have enough air to breath? The lands flood? Are we going to blow each other away into a nuclear winter? I find it very interesting. It's the first time I've ever heard of the doomsday clock. I will have to look into it more. Anyone else feel it holds water?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Your guess is as good as mine. To be honest until I saw the article... I did not know that there was a Dooms Day Clock. LMAO

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
According to the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists,

The Doomsday Clock is an internationally recognized design that conveys how close we are to destroying our civilization with dangerous technologies of our own making. First and foremost among these are nuclear weapons, but the dangers include climate-changing technologies, emerging biotechnologies, and cybertechnology that could inflict irrevocable harm, whether by intention, miscalculation, or by accident, to our way of life and to the planet. - See more at: Overview | Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

So basically, we are two minutes closer to blowing ourselves up!

Overview | Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Human beings are so selfish, may not all together intentional. We seem to have the touch of death. This planet has been battered by humans time, and time again. Now mother nature is shouting back at us. She can't take anymore the damage is done. I really hate to watch the news it's very sad to see the horrors we have reeked on our planet.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
There is not going to be a doomsday. The world will keep on spinning regardless of what humans do to eachother. I cant help but feel our best days are yet to come with all of the science and medical advancements taking place. I am definitely not a pessimist.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Well maybe you are right. It would be nice to know that humanity is still a live. I know there are a lot of good people that love the world, and all its creatures. I also know there are those that don't give a rats ass about anything or anyone. They breed like rabbits so for all the good god knows there are plenty of bad too.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
We are a resilient species... along with being a destructive one.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
You'll have to forgive me. I don't have a bleeding heart for those that don't deserve it. It is a fact of life that people don't care. There is a saying it goes like this "you don't sh&t where you eat" even a dog has more respect for himself then to do that. Humans on the other hand, not all but a lot just don't give a damn. I'm sorry to rant it just makes me upset to know small things make a big difference. I take the time to do small things it's the least I can do.

I do not litter I see trash all over the roads, and highways. I will not allow anyone to litter in my presents. If I no a drug house is starting up here. I help shut it down. If I see starving animals on the road I go back, and feed them. I cut the plastic six pack wrapper into pieces so small animals won't get trapped in them. I walk down the road, and pick up trash. I don't do enough I know that, I do try to be part of the solution not the problem.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
This world will go on unless we decide to blow ourselves up. Mankind is the main problem of this world. Without us, it would do just fine! I used to think we were getting better as a civilization. Even 10 years ago I thought that, but not anymore. At least in America I see our moral compass going down the drain. If we don't care about the difference between right and wrong and everything becomes gray or murky we cannot achieve greatness.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Well, I just hope "Dooms Day" will not happen/occur in the near future. It's horrible to think about people blowing up and the earth crumbling down.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I think it won't happen within in our generation but I feel bad for those yet to be born after us. We'll be leaving them a world much closer to destruction. Dooms day clock or not, its quite obvious where we're steering this world into.

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
The Doomsday Clock is a symbol of how near are we to the total destruction of mankind. Be it through weapons, our actions, and so forth. The nearer we are to midnight, the higher the possibility that we will encounter "the end" soon. A lot of things are happening right now. A lot of places that could spark an incident to draw us closer to doom. I rather live longer though, thank you.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
The thing about Dooms day is that we don't know what it will be. It could be any number of things. I think what is important is not to think about it coming or that there is a clock, but to remember to treat each moment as if it is your last and try to find peace within yourself and those around you so when the moment does come you have no regrets.

karmaskeeper

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Well I suppose it could come from outer space like some huge meteor hitting us or something. I just feel at the rate we are going it'll more then likely be at our on hands. We place so little value on what's really important in life. We've been conditioned to believe that things (material Gain)$$$$$. Is what is important it's nice to reap the fruits of ones labor. However if each us valued the ground we walk on like the shoes we walk in. Maybe the world would caught on, and we could undo some of what we have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.