Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 2 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Pardon my ignorance sir, but won't these mirages be serving more of ground attack role rather than interceptor role? They will be part of a strike package, I will assume, to be operated for deep strikes if the need ever arises?

Not necessarily deep strike.
They are simply suppose to make there way through enemy defenses, deliver pay load with accuracy, job is done.
27th Feb. shows, with support of ERIEYE they can still serve the role.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Pardon my ignorance sir, but won't these mirages be serving more of ground attack role rather than interceptor role? They will be part of a strike package, I will assume, to be operated for deep strikes if the need ever arises?

Hi,

What do you mean by 'deep strike' --- what do you call deep strike---like in distance---.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

What do you mean by 'deep strike' --- what do you call deep strike---like in distance---.

Any target that is well guarded against ground and aerial attacks ........... may be deep inside enemy territory.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
It's not stealth, it cannot sneak past air defenses. It can either take them out using SoW otherwise needs a clear path to target.

The others in the package should engage the enemy defenses and provide them with a clear path to target. In any case it would be one way mission, lucky if you make it back. Considering why Pakistani pilots don't eject their machine that often .......... they must be practicing such missions?

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
I don't know much about the PAF, but I would question weather they have he equipment and training to carry out a capable SEAD. The US Air Force has dedicated aircraft, the surveillance tools, and realistic training. It's said that they have a vast array of different SAM systems out at the Nevada test ranges to train against, including (it's rumored) 3 S-300 systems. Of course the thing to do would be to avoid high threat level areas, keep in less contested space.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
hi

basically a deep strike would be categorized as an action in the enemy Heartland.

Financial districts, industry, manufacturing facilities, supply depots, supply routes, weapon storage and production facilities.

But the thing is ......... is it that easy to bomb a civilian facility?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
hi

basically a deep strike would be categorized as an action in the enemy Heartland.
Recently there was news of Pak developing a supersonic cruise missiles. I assume like Babur...there might eventually be various different forms of this supersonic cruise missiles...one of which could be an ALCM(kind of like what India is doing with their Brahmos). India is modifying their Su30MKI to be able to carry Brahmos ALCM(I think only one can be carried bcuz it's rather heavy). This brought me back to the JH7(for PN) topic.

I'm not too familiar with JH7. However I do know that the latest JH7 that China has...it has been updated with an AESA radar and other improved avionics. I was wondering how effective would be the pairing of JH7 with Pakistan's future supersonic ALCM? If we assume it's weight and dimensions to be similar to Brahmos ALCM...would JH7 be able to carry it? If yes...would it be more than one...as in can the wings handle the load...if let's say there was one under each wing? Or they wouldn't be able to and only one would be carried under the belly?(if u know of any examples of other missiles or bombs with similar weight to Brahmos ALCM that have been carried on JH7 under the wing on any hardpoint...plz point me to it).

Also how effective would be this combo? Would it be effective for JH7 to fly low(almost sea skimming)...launch the supersonic ALCM from standoff range and return to base?

The reason why I bring this up...is bcuz once Pak develops this supersonic cruise missile...it would make sense to use that knowledge to build upon it further like Pak did with Babur...so an ALCM based on it is probably going to happen...
...and I don't think it would make sense to put that on JF17...since it is a lightweight fighter. I assume Pak would have to go for a twin heavy for it...whether some Chinese flanker or JH7.