Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India. | Page 4 | World Defense

Egyptian Mirage V Horus released after stiff opposition from India.

Usama

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
12 0 0
Country
Pakistan
As frustrating as it is that we are not even able to procure an obsolete piece of equipment, it also shows the extent of trepidation of our enemy since 27 feb 2019. I wonder how we will get the blk 70s if we cant even manage mirage 5s.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
As frustrating as it is that we are not even able to procure an obsolete piece of equipment, it also shows the extent of trepidation of our enemy since 27 feb 2019. I wonder how we will get the blk 70s if we cant even manage mirage 5s.
It is not a ideal world my friend, getting the right product and the right price and at right time is not easy.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Update

Not yet delivered. Deal is on, negotiations ongoing.

1588161115900.png

1588161245800.png

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
All
All game is fir india next jet deal for rafales France looking into 110 + rafales deal with heavy kick back, to make india happy thay will do what ever is not in favour of Pakistan
On the other hand what this M5 deal give them, when specifically no solid kickbacks involved

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Update

Not yet delivered. Deal is on, negotiations ongoing.

View attachment 12456
View attachment 12457

As per reports and news the PAF is planning to retain Mirages for strike role till 2025 or beyond, meanwhile the Mirage Horus certainly has better radar and equipment as compared to Pak existing Mirage fleet so if PAF is able to induct a squadron from this deal, replacing existing 18 Mirages and to cannibalize remaining jets for upgrade of own fleet than it is not a bad deal but perhaps Egyptians demanding higher price tag or Indo/ French factor is there. Please clarify if you have any further information.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
As per reports and news the PAF is planning to retain Mirages for strike role till 2025 or beyond, meanwhile the Mirage Horus certainly has better radar and equipment as compared to Pak existing Mirage fleet so if PAF is able to induct a squadron from this deal, replacing existing 18 Mirages and to cannibalize remaining jets for upgrade of own fleet than it is not a bad deal but perhaps Egyptians demanding higher price tag or Indo/ French factor is there. Please clarify if you have any further information.
Price IS the issue for now, but it will be sorted out IA.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

Hi,

Feb 27th was a nail in our coffin---.

Pakistan is going to pay a very heavy price for not joining GCC in Yemen---. It would be a miracle that Pakistan comes out unscathed---.

That offer was something that happens once in centuries---.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
The Egyptian Mirages bring new capabilities to PAF. My personal opinion is that they will be inducted as replacements for the existing fleet, and not for spares. On the other hand, the existing fleet might be used as spares for them.

Your opinion?

Hi,

If there is an issue---I believe that pakistan should involve saudi arabia in finishing off this deal---.

My understanding is that these mirages are pretty well equipped---. They might end up in lead role strike platform---.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi,

If there is an issue---I believe that pakistan should involve saudi arabia in finishing off this deal---.

My understanding is that these mirages are pretty well equipped---. They might end up in lead role strike platform---.
This is what is scarring the anti-Pakistani elements.