Erdogan says Turkey to launch 'air and ground' operation in Syria | Page 3 | World Defense

Erdogan says Turkey to launch 'air and ground' operation in Syria

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I doubt Saudia would want to indulge in this.....

I doubt it either but I hope it does.

What do you want to punish Turkey for? It's much better for both of you to get back on track with each other. As you are both threatened by Iran and its allies in the region. Turkey is gonna have trouble in near future in Syria from Iran, Assad regime and other proxies in Syria.

Saudi Arabia will never forget Turkey's role in internationalizing the Khashoggie murder.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
@TsAr @IbnAbdullah

Turkish OP seems to have begun:

Really Kurds should just agree to join opposition and work together to topple Assad regime. And afterwards they can have self rule within a Syrian state.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Objective is remove Kurdish militants from northern border of Syria with Turkey. Also to bring back Syrian refugees in Turkey to these areas. Although those Kurdish militias will still remain just have to move south 30km. And US/British/French forces are present in the mid/southeast of Syria still.

EGbwVCOXoAAVgFM.jpg:large

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Kurdish SDF organization asks for international community to implement no fly zone:

Kurdish militants say they began their retaliation and struck an Turkish army outpost on the border with Syria with mortar fire:

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
North Syria is a vast area with many ups and downs. Its not going to be easy for Erdogan to swallow.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
North Syria is a vast area with many ups and downs. Its not going to be easy for Erdogan to swallow.

خلص يا رجل، الوضع في صالح المعارضة ، المعارضة ستعود في شمال سوريا مع غطي تركي مثل ما في ادلب وتضعف النظام وإيران ، انظر إلي الصورة الكبري

IbnAbdullah

Reactions
74 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Salaam

What is the long term plan the Turks have with regards to this operation? I mean if it goes as planned - what sort of results are the Turks hoping see down the line?

How long do they intend to hold this area?

I hope the Turks and the Kurds can come to a peaceful agreement soon.

More importantly, how do you see this operation affecting Assad and co?

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
16 positions hit is not a lot, that's like 15 air strikes plus some artillery shelling. Israel did hundreds of air strikes plus thousands of artillery shell firings at just one tiny city in the Gaza Strip(during first day of ground invasion) which is much smaller than the whole northern Syria. International media didn't seem to care then. Turkish strikes are very mild compared to what Israel did in Gaza.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Salaam

What is the long term plan the Turks have with regards to this operation? I mean if it goes as planned - what sort of results are the Turks hoping see down the line?

How long do they intend to hold this area?

I hope the Turks and the Kurds can come to a peaceful agreement soon.

More importantly, how do you see this operation affecting Assad and co?

The Turks are commanding some rebel groups. The rebel groups will take over these areas and some Turkish military forces will remain deployed there to prevent regime push into those areas. Turkey cannot give these areas to the regime, Russia and Iran. They are all an threat to Turkey. So like in Idlib, I expect Turks to remain there indefinitely with a minor presence to give cover for the rebels. And allow some Syrian refugees to return. All while pushing for diplomatic process between regime and rebels.

It will get dangerous for Turkey if US, France and UK decide to pullout of Syria completely. Allowing the regime to take over southeastern Syria and begin threatening Turkey in the north. Otherwise, Turkey will control all northern border areas via the rebels, while western half(and a bit more) controlled by regime, Iran and Russia. And south eastern portions controlled by US.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The whole media and neocon figures are making big deal out of situation. Turks are operating with a lot of restraint. Targeting mostly evacuated outposts and training camps. There are Kurdish gunmen openly walking around armed.

What Israel did in Gaza is a million times worse. And people of Gaza have no US forces in the south of their territory to go take cover. Anyone with a gun in the streets of Gaza was immediately bombed. And Israel did carpet bombing of neighborhoods during ground invasion as they try to avoid face to face combat at all costs. And I did not see many of these neocon figures expressing any concern.

Here is footage of 2014 Israeli war on Gaza, this is a ground invasion on just one city on the eastern border. You can hear the Palestinian soldiers repelling them, and a bunch of air strikes, drone strikes and artillery shelling by Israel:

No one complained about this. But, a few Turkish strikes on some empty camps and the world is in an outrage. Unreal.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The ground OP hasn't begun yet. So far it's mild shelling and air strikes. I don't expect this to be deadly. I'm positive Kurds will just withdraw south 30km's and we shouldn't see more than dozens of casualties on both sides. Kurds are not elite fighters that some make them out to be. Their performance is actually poor if they lack US air support and advisory support on the ground.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The ground OP hasn't begun yet. So far it's mild shelling and air strikes. I don't expect this to be deadly. I'm positive Kurds will just withdraw south 30km's and we shouldn't see more than dozens of casualties on both sides. Kurds are not elite fighters that some make them out to be. Their performance is actually poor if they lack US air support and advisory support on the ground.

HOW DARE YOU DOUBT ERDOGAN :mad:

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia rejects Turkey move into Syria.