France vows 20-minute armed response to terror attacks | Page 2 | World Defense

France vows 20-minute armed response to terror attacks

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
Such rivalries are quite detrimental to antiterrorism operations. It has happened elsewhere in East Africa in Kenya where Al Shabbab terrorists raided a mall inflicting heavy casualties on shoppers. Elite units from the police had made good progress before they were withdrawn to pave way for army commandos. The two units even had a brief firefight before they established their identities. It took 4 days for the army to subdue the terrorists. The best antiterrorism operation should without doubt have a unified chain of command.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Violence turns to even more violence. This cycle will not stop until all of humanity is just a pile of bones and ashes. Retaliation, justice, defense; these are all being thrown out there when it comes to counterattacking radicalists, but at the end of the day, they have already won, because they incited bloodlust among its victims.

Evil prefails when good men do nothing....

Or a quote that I like: Killing a murderer doesn't decrease the number of killers, that's why you don't stop at one - Punisher :p

Sometimes common sense makes more sense than anecdotes and sayings :)

Our police force do not deserve to be put into some of the positions they have to go into without the appropriate tools :)

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with you 100%

I think our police should be armed with more than just a taser. They don't deserve to have to do the job they do with the limited tools they have, let alone the added cuts going on.

With our strict gun laws, I'm sure British police would be relunctant to use their guns as it is unlikely that a criminal would be armed as such. But they should stilll have them :)

I think that despite what people think, the criminals in the UK these days are carrying guns more and more, and that's certainly the case in the part of the world where in from.

As for a terrorist situation, it makes no sense to me to have police on the scene, but not give them the tools like you say to do their job. We have to waste more time bringing in 'specially trained' officers instead. Why can't they all have this 'special training' instead? If its a money issue then surely our safety should come before costs?

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's all very well saying that if we resort to violence then the terrorists have already won because that's what they wanted, but what other options have we got?

Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the Labour party here in the UK said what he'd do is sit around the table with the ISIS leaders over a cup of tea and try and work things out. Is he for real? Or is that a route that people genuinely think we should go down? Bowing down, negotiating and allowing these terrorists to slowly wipe out the west?

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's all very well saying that if we resort to violence then the terrorists have already won because that's what they wanted, but what other options have we got?

Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the Labour party here in the UK said what he'd do is sit around the table with the ISIS leaders over a cup of tea and try and work things out. Is he for real? Or is that a route that people genuinely think we should go down? Bowing down, negotiating and allowing these terrorists to slowly wipe out the west?

There is some reason to him wanting to sit and talk though.

The bombing is just creating more people that hate us as innocent people are getting hurt.

Talking with them can show potential haters that we will listen, and maybe even show that ISIS are not the soldiers of God but just terrorists with darker motives.
Potential followers need to see what ISIS are really like, that's the only way we can cut the head of this snake for good

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
When you say 'the bombings...'do you mean ours or theirs, because I think you'll find that they are also bombing and killing innocent people. You'll also find I think that to talk and negotiate, we've got to have somebody to talk and negotiate with, and ISIS aren't wanting to sit down and work things out with the west, they're quite happy trying to destroy us.

Somebody saying they want to negotiate is almost like waving the white flag and surrendering to them, and I for one aren't prepared to do that.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
When I first read this, I thought that it meant the French were going to fight for at least 20 minutes before going home or waving a flag in defeat. While it is good that they have decided to put the rivalry away to deal with the more important issues they face, this really should have been done days or weeks after it happened rather than just now. They may want to get rid of a small illegal state causing most of the terrorism in the middle east too that is currently performing ethnic cleansing of their neighbors if they are serious about legitimately fighting terrorism with their new alliance and arrangements.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
When I first read this, I thought that it meant the French were going to fight for at least 20 minutes before going home or waving a flag in defeat. While it is good that they have decided to put the rivalry away to deal with the more important issues they face, this really should have been done days or weeks after it happened rather than just now. They may want to get rid of a small illegal state causing most of the terrorism in the middle east too that is currently performing ethnic cleansing of their neighbors if they are serious about legitimately fighting terrorism with their new alliance and arrangements.

The rivalry should never have been there in the first place though, and while I'm not saying that it's made France an easier target as the authorities aren't working together, it won't have helped the situation either I wouldn't have thought.

There's only one organization to blame for the Paris attacks, and that isn't the French government or police, but it makes you wonder if the amount of in-fighting that's been going on played a part in it taking so long for the culprits to be apprehended.