Grrhhhh! It just really makes me mad when our military people don't get the support they deserve. | World Defense

Grrhhhh! It just really makes me mad when our military people don't get the support they deserve.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Supporting our troops have never been a priority. Not once they aren't "useful" anymore. Candidates like to pretend that they are going to take care of the men and women who we owe everything I have to. But it never happens. Here's always something more important. Like the senate's private swimming pool. How many veterans' lives do you think the cost of that swimming pool could have helped?

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
How many lives could have been saved by these?

Judicial Watch Obtains Records Revealing Obama’s $1,176,120.90 in Transportation Expenses to Attend Political Fundraisers in Los Angeles and San Francisco

Obama July Political Fundraising Trips to Denver, New York City Cost Taxpayers $1,159,823.50 in Flight Expenses Alone

Judicial Watch Obtains Documents Revealing Obama 2013 Africa Trip and Honolulu Vacation

The Obama family 2013-2014 vacation to Honolulu cost $210,877 per hour for travel alone; at 36.9 total hours, the cost to taxpayers for the vacation’s flight expense was $7,781,361.30

Secret Service Tab for Obama Family 2013 Africa Trip Cost Taxpayers $2,189,727.60 for Lodging, Entertainment, and Security

Judicial Watch Obtains Records Revealing Obama’s 2014 Palm Springs and Key Largo Golf Outings Cost Taxpayers $2,952,278 for Flight Expenses Alone

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/obamas-ireland-trip/

These are ONLY a few of the Obama family's vacations! And here is my personal favorite:

President Obama’s June 2013 trip to Belfast, Ireland, including a Dublin sightseeing side trip by Michelle Obama, her daughters, and her entourage, cost the taxpayers $7,921,638.66.

When is the last time my family took a 7 MILLION DOLLAR vacation? Gosh I can't remember right off hand.
I think if each member of Congress had their own swimming pool built, it wouldn't come close to the amount of taxpayer dollars we've paid for this man and his family's vacations and golfing trips.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
How many lives could have been saved by these?

Judicial Watch Obtains Records Revealing Obama’s $1,176,120.90 in Transportation Expenses to Attend Political Fundraisers in Los Angeles and San Francisco

Obama July Political Fundraising Trips to Denver, New York City Cost Taxpayers $1,159,823.50 in Flight Expenses Alone

Judicial Watch Obtains Documents Revealing Obama 2013 Africa Trip and Honolulu Vacation

The Obama family 2013-2014 vacation to Honolulu cost $210,877 per hour for travel alone; at 36.9 total hours, the cost to taxpayers for the vacation’s flight expense was $7,781,361.30

Secret Service Tab for Obama Family 2013 Africa Trip Cost Taxpayers $2,189,727.60 for Lodging, Entertainment, and Security

Judicial Watch Obtains Records Revealing Obama’s 2014 Palm Springs and Key Largo Golf Outings Cost Taxpayers $2,952,278 for Flight Expenses Alone

These are ONLY a few of the Obama family's vacations! And here is my personal favorite:

President Obama’s June 2013 trip to Belfast, Ireland, including a Dublin sightseeing side trip by Michelle Obama, her daughters, and her entourage, cost the taxpayers $7,921,638.66.

When is the last time my family took a 7 MILLION DOLLAR vacation? Gosh I can't remember right off hand.
I think if each member of Congress had their own swimming pool built, it wouldn't come close to the amount of taxpayer dollars we've paid for this man and his family's vacations and golfing trips.
Nah, they're all guilty. It makes sense that the president would need extra security and concessions, but that's a bit extreme. Especially since the only threat Obama is facing right now is our very own congress.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
This supporting our troops stuff is a modern thing. In the past being a member of the military was viewed the same as being a garbage man, butcher or any other profession. This ideolizing our troops is unhealthy in my opinion. It also has a tendency to glamorize war. The problem is that too few people serve in the military now days, and as a result most people are ignorant what the military is really about.

Probably most military members would want proper benefits instead of all this talk.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I am gonna have to disagree with ya on this one. Maybe it's become a "thing" because it needs to be a "thing". These soldiers are going into hostile territory where their life is CONSTANTLY at risk, they have to watch their fellow soldiers dying or losing limbs, they have to take a life if they think it's the right thing or not, theyre having to meet physical demands that anyone else in this country couldn't meet unless their life depended on it (if then), and they're stripped of all their uniqueness , just so they can fight in a battle that they probably don't know anything about. A pointed finger and the command "kill" is the only explanation they may get... so... out of that list of job requirements, how many does a garbage man do in a day?

I don't care if the war is over oil, freedom, or a donut recipe. When they're told to go in and kill the other guys - no questions asked- they do it. If you don't think that warrants a little bit more support or recognition than a garbage man, butcher, or other profession than there really is some ignorance regarding what the military is all about... And it's coming from someone in this thread... but not me... or Grey... or user911.

Seriously, shame on you!! I trying to understand why anyone would say those horrible things, and I don't know...I've got nothing.