Gujarat is a setback for BJP, but will it make saffron party more humble? | Page 2 | World Defense

Gujarat is a setback for BJP, but will it make saffron party more humble?

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
I was waiting for you. What is your take on the Gujrat elections?

Sorry gentleman, for me to butt in.

BJP President was on the record saying "we will get 150 seats"

When the rubber met the road, what they got?
Not even 100.

They merely got 7 more seats crossing the majority vote.

But see here, 11 of their members won through razor thin votes.

Now this speaks volume about Gujarat vikas. Every Guju has a debt of 37,000 Rs. on his head.
What vikas aka development?

Modi collects votes only by ULU banaoing his own citizens by shedding crocodile tears, blaming Congress and what not.

Shame that India has such PM.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sorry gentleman, for me to butt in.

BJP President was on the record saying "we will get 150 seats"

When the rubber met the road, what they got?
Not even 100.

They merely got 7 more seats crossing the majority vote.

But see here, 11 of their members won through razor thin votes.

Now this speaks volume about Gujarat vikas. Every Guju has a debt of 37,000 Rs. on his head.
What vikas aka development?

Modi collects votes only by ULU banaoing his own citizens by shedding crocodile tears, blaming Congress and what not.

Shame that India has such PM.
No need to apologize. Your views are more than welcome.

Ever since @jbgt90 joined this forum, I have been wondering, or rather wishing I could vote for him :)D

A123

Reactions
212 4 0
Country
Malaysia
temcde4.png

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I said it before the BJP would not cross the 110 number , they would get a majority but even i was surprised with the numbers they got , (i am two glenfiddich richer though)
This and todays judgement of the 2g case ensures that all bets are off . There is a fighting chance now that the bjp may not come back in 2019 !!
One of the main reasons would be agrarian distress , 60% of India still lives in villages and is dependent on agriculture, the rural sector have received a huge blow to its economy . the informal economy as its called almost went under due to demonitasion . There were many months that in the villages the farmers had gone back to barter system or running up tabs with suppliers. Most of the people in the rural hartland has not seen any of the so called "development" this govt claims.

The second is the hatred spread towards our own people from these fringe groups. most of the people in India do not like this , they know some where deep down this would be a risk one take when one gets the bjp in power , but they believed the promises of development for "everyone" . now that one can see not much of development on the ground they are having second thoughts. There is a joke going arround "yaar ache din to nahai aaye , bure din to wapis laa do"

The third and probably most important is the tag of corruption which was leveled on the UPA, with the verdict out that the 2g scam never existed and all people are innocent , people will look at the alternatives. remember the UPA was accused of scams not inefficiency . they were very good administrators. Also this govt has not yet filed one FIR or even a chargsheet since they came to power in three and a half years.
And lastly one cannot but mention the malaise of the indian voter who some times thinks "why should i waste my vote ?" if i see the bjp winning lets give them mine too. The Gujarat verdict changed all of that , a young turk not only upset the bjp but almost won. I see Rajasthan and MP falling to the congress next year , the congress will try very hard to loose the Karnataka election (Karnataka curse).

2019 will be bitterly fought!!!

@Joe Shearer your thought....

Thank you for your balanced analysis. Really appreciate it!