Hello From Karachi | Page 5 | World Defense

Hello From Karachi

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes it was a bird strike ..... I was like nine years old but I still remember ... his younger brother used to play cricket with us.
PAF flypast was synched to the second with Zia ul Haq's speech. As soon as he used to say Pakistan Zinabad, Pak Afwaj Paindabad lead F-16 would go vertical. But they waited and waited for 3-4 minutes. Whole formations had to re-group. And you have a Mirage Box formation with missing plane :(

The pilot could have ejected, but while trying to avoid built up areas, he couldn't recover from a spin. Plane crashed in Westridge area of RWP.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Experience bol raha hai ‘∞‘
(:-) No I thought you would have grown a pair by now D:-D and said, BUS! aur nahi!

Surprise me, tell me you did Triple in one go! :^D

What seems to be wrong with that sentence? ;0

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes that's what I was worried about too. Somthing like the Soviet buildings. That's why I "came up" with the idea of those locations having their own ecosystem. Meaning not just homes but also jobs are provided and they would ofcourse have police, clinics, and fire stations. Which would provide when more jobs.

I believe if you keep the people busy and they have a way of earning income then no sane person would dive into crime. The reason why those places you mentioned are ghettos is because they people have no jobs. They are discriminated and jobless, ofcourse that would kick in the survival of the fittest feelings. Which makes them do anything they can to provide food on the table.

At the end of the say we do what we do to feed yourself and provide a roof over our head. Look around you and that's what everyone is doing. No matter what kinda fancy name you give it.

That's why I believe the ghetto situation would be avoided by encouraging that ecosystem.

Here is what I have in mind. This is based on top of one of the slums near the port. Getting rid of this would greatly improve the image of the city in that area.

Green===parks near the water
Blue ===mid/high rise appartments
Red====main roads where most commerce would be based.

I didnt fill the whole map but I believe everyone gets the idea. The sad part is that soeul was based on Karachi and now we are talking about basing Karachi on soeul.

View attachment 12950

Btw this whole plan is based on the idea that Karachi is under competent governance and not PPP, MQM etc.

I wish Karachi to be the Tokyo of south Asia and middle east.
The map you drew,

Bro, are you by any chance a mind hacker? Coz i think exactly the same for this specific place everytime i drive here. Also checkout Emaar’s project in karachi which has faced much problems in the past.

Guess what, Everytime I pass by this mai kolachi road, this is what I always think of, “What a waste of space”. Hats off to your visionary mind. Do browse Buheira Corniche, You will understand what you are suggesting.

I am not in a position currently to engage in these interesting convos but i assure you once Allah bestows his blessings on my problems, I will continue on with your idea and give you a very detailed explanation as well as what Hazrat @Khafee objected is very much the same thing I think.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
The map you drew,

Bro, are you by any chance a mind hacker? Coz i think exactly the same for this specific place everytime i drive here. Also checkout Emaar’s project in karachi which has faced much problems in the past.

Guess what, Everytime I pass by this mai kolachi road, this is what I always think of, “What a waste of space”. Hats off to your visionary mind. Do browse Buheira Corniche, You will understand what you are suggesting.

I am not in a position currently to engage in these interesting convos but i assure you once Allah bestows his blessings on my problems, I will continue on with your idea and give you a very detailed explanation as well as what Hazrat @Khafee objected is very much the same thing I think.
You will be fine inshallah. I was going through a whole lot too for the past few years and it gets better. You come out stronger inshallah.

Man I feel like any person that wants best for Pakistan would have such ideas. I'm not anything special when it comes to it. Like you say, it's a very beautiful location and appartments like I posted would look amazing with their groud colors being strip malls and markets.

But as Khafee points out. The governance that we have now would butcher the whole thing.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
You will be fine inshallah. I was going through a whole lot too for the past few years and it gets better. You come out stronger inshallah.

Man I feel like any person that wants best for Pakistan would have such ideas. I'm not anything special when it comes to it. Like you say, it's a very beautiful location and appartments like I posted would look amazing with their groud colors being strip malls and markets.

But as Khafee points out. The governance that we have now would butcher the whole thing.
Pakistan has a lot of potential, and especially with this Corona issue, people can see this. Unfortunately poor governance, is a major deterrent to Investments. Even mega projects, are facing a tough time.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan has a lot of potential, and especially with this Corona issue, people can see this. Unfortunately poor governance, is a major deterrent to Investments. Even mega projects, are facing a tough time.
I was hoping during the quarantine the government would initiate a major clean up operation. Where they clean the cities and repair roads etc but all they did was plant trees.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I was hoping during the quarantine the government would initiate a major clean up operation. Where they clean the cities and repair roads etc but all they did was plant trees.
Out of all the provinces Sindh Govt is the worst.

Ertugral

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
Pakistan
After PDF its feel nice here as no paid cyber cells of irani,indians here posting their BS propaganda (Bus Allah karyy PTI walo ki bhi nazar na pary handsome sy ziayda usky supporters ko bardasht karna mushkil hai koi PTI wala par ly tu dil par naa lainaa .Pure 110% civilian from Karachi.Proof???agar police walaa bike par pakkar ly tu mujhe 50rs dy kar jaan churana parti haii .Love to discuss on topics until it remains respectful with intention of listening and learning from other point of view
We'll come bro from A Karachite...