How about all sending all US soldiers home? | Page 6 | World Defense

How about all sending all US soldiers home?

Grumpy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It seems to be a trend that politicians will say anything to be elected and will usually go back on anything they promised before being elected some years into their office. I'm not in the US but I know a thing or two about US politics and this simply seems to be a trend over the last few presidencies.

Bring the US army back to the US - sure... the way things are going in the US at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if the army were deployed alongside, or in replacement of, the police force to control the streets in some places.

mizrael

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Canada
If it was only that simple. I think the state has so much investment in this war, it would be catastrophic for them to just up and leave. I think our politician put themselves between a rock and a hard place and now they have to commit, there is money at stake, lives, oil, reputations, national security, not to mention people's opinion, but that's not the worst, if the US just decided to walk away terrorism would just run rapid and spill over into developing countries like France and let's not forget the twin tower incident 911. It would be like giving Isis a free pass to wreak havoc. It's a little too late to walk away, we shouldn't have went there in the first place.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Send all the US soldiers home. Withdraw from all the countries they are involved in now. Stop fighting other peeple's wars. Go home. Stay home. Look after their own home.

How about that?

As an American with a bunch of family in the military, and others retired from said, I couldn't agree more. We need a strong defense, but being bogged down in these endless wars isn't just bad policy, it is a nightmare. We've seen the death of thousands, the wounding of tens of thousands, and the expenditure of trillions. And for what? Broken families, a debt we can never repay, and the undying hatred of so many abroad.

That said, if we did that, I can guarantee you the next time something serious goes down in the world, many of the same voices that don't want American involvement will be clamoring for us to get into the fight. That has happened so many times in the past, I don't see why it wouldn't happen again. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. At least staying out of only involves having to endure whining rather that body bags rolling home on a daily basis.