How about all sending all US soldiers home? | Page 5 | World Defense

How about all sending all US soldiers home?

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
That is really sad to hear. In that case, if the money sent is used to other purposes, why do they keep sending it, aren't they aware of that situation? Corruption is the biggest cancer of this world!

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
It's not going to happen anytime soon. US is such a superpower with a super-pride. By sending home their soldiers others might think that US is conceding for what? For no clear reason! Although I don't agree with the deployment of its troops and its alliance to almost all of the countries, especially those poorer ones, doing so somehow still maintains security. It's not 100% because we really can't assure that. But I guess without their strategic geographical and political alliances with other countries, I think we would be feeling worse than feeling the uncertainty of lives.

Reactions
21 0 0
Country
Iran
US economy will collapse if this policy is to changed. The US are everywhere because of other's natural resources like the afghani optimum market controlled by the US. Stupid americans think we are stupid like them.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
You do make a good point Knight, the US profits not only from selling weapons, but as well from controlling areas with natural resources. I imagine that a huge gain for them.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Send all the US soldiers home. Withdraw from all the countries they are involved in now. Stop fighting other peeple's wars. Go home. Stay home. Look after their own home.

How about that?

I will have to agree with you. Wars continue because those provoked choose to fight. Soldiers should only protect their own boundaries and leave those people willing to keep fighting have their day. Some people cannot live in peace; they should not involve others in their issues. Humans are intelligent yet they choose to be selfish; let the soldiers come home.

nutshell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
For the sake of all the emotionally and mentally afflicted innocent children and wives, moms and dads and siblings of these soldiers, yes, send them all back home! I never fail to cry whenever I watch a soldier coming back home to his family. It would be lovely if they would be home for good. It is like teasing the emotions. Feeling happy about the home coming but not really so, knowing that he will not be home for good and might not even come back alive the second time around. And I cry even more for fallen soldiers flown in their caskets. It's painful to watch and to think I do not even know them. I can never imagine the agony and pain the family undergoes for a lost loved one. It is just so sad that politics and economy should matter more than life and love.

starburstlateral

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Ireland
There are 600~ US bases around the world - Statistics & Reports - I don't envision the return of all those personnel nor the dismantlement of bases as viable. There's too much resource and politics invested in their worldwide deployment.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I don't envision the return of all those personnel

It's going to happen overnight if we get started now, this can become a reality within one generation. What's so heroic about dying in a foreign land defending a country which is not yours? If the US wants to do something which is constructive in the long-term, bring home the soldiers and send teachers in their stead. Send books, not bombs. Books have an effect which last a lot longer than bombs.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
But books do not blow up like bombs do :(... That being said, it's kinda hard sending troops home when a full scale investment is being made in middle east to gain a permanent supplier.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
But books do not blow up like bombs do

No, they don't. Generally speaking, books do not kill people. That's the good part. The better part is that books contain knowledge. and knowledge is what is needed to combat ignorance. Ignorance is at the root of many of these misguided peoples' way of thinking.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Middle East needs to be rebuilt from scratch in order to actually make a difference. At the moment, it's just stirring up more issues

TheSilentKid

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Philippines
Even though majority of the Americans wants to bring the troops back home, I don't think this will be happening any time soon. What with war being a huge boost to the economy and all the politics involved, the US will always find itself caught in other country's affairs.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Well, 2015 is a presidential election year in the US, isn't it? Let's see if there is anyone who is going to run for President on the platform of "Bring our boys home" or something similar.
Actually, the election is in 2016. But to your point, every Presidential candidate, when we've had fighting forces overseas, has had a platform of bringing our boys home. Obama, during both elections, swore that the first thing he was going to do was to withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan. Low and behold, we're still there. There are many of us here in the US who would love to see us get out of other countries politics. It cost us taxpayers billions every year. That money could be much better spent here to improve our economy.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
That money could be much better spent here to improve our economy.

How about starting a petition to this effect? Say something like "We will support any presidential candidate who can bring our boys home". This might be as good as time as any to let potential presidential candidates start thinking in the right direction. btw would you say Hilary Clinton can do a better job at bringing our boys home than Obama had done so far?

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
How about starting a petition to this effect? Say something like "We will support any presidential candidate who can bring our boys home". This might be as good as time as any to let potential presidential candidates start thinking in the right direction. btw would you say Hilary Clinton can do a better job at bringing our boys home than Obama had done so far?
I really don't know what Hilary would do. That's the problem with US politics - our candidates spend millions to figure out just the right way to say things, without really saying anything. They also have no problems saying what they think we want to hear, and then doing whatever they want. There are so many warhawks here in the states, with such deep pockets, that it's impossible for a grassroots movement to make much difference. We were so fed up with Bush sending troops overseas that we elected Obama (because he "promised" us change) and things are just as bad with the Democrats in charge. I have a feeling that we'll elect a Republican in 2016 because we're fed up with the Dems, and still nothing will change. Unfortunately, money and power always go together, so without money the average citizen is powerless to effect change on a national level.