How can we Improve our user's experience? | Page 5 | World Defense

How can we Improve our user's experience?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Fair enough. Each of us must see a subject through the lens of his (or her) own experience. I have seen the great power that this has. An example: the California F-Test, admittedly not an ordinary instrument , but one famous for its path-breaking role and effectiveness. We can't afford an instrument, also I am not sure that we have all of us seen these in use, so the heuristic method is probably the best. I'm all for it.

Psychometric testing works to an extent, no doubt. BUT it has become more of a legal requirement, than anything else. Most people with a half a brain, will give you answers, the job expects of them. To use it as a vetting tool - it is not fool proof, and is something most decision makers will ignore.

On an online forum, a questionnaire can be more of "breaking the ice" than anything else.

THE MOST important thing we want from users is "Respect". There are users here, who I don't agree with, and vice versa, but as long as everybody knows where the "red line" is, it's all good!

Best Regards

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Psychometric testing works to an extent, no doubt. BUT it has become more of a legal requirement, than anything else. Most people with a half a brain, will give you answers, the job expects of them. To use it as a vetting tool - it is not fool proof, and is something most decision makers will ignore.

On an online forum, a questionnaire can be more of "breaking the ice" than anything else.

THE MOST important thing we want from users is "Respect". There are users here, who I don't agree with, and vice versa, but as long as everybody knows where the "red line" is, it's all good!

Best Regards

I don't disagree with you, but only want to point out that it depends on where and how these are used, and for what. I have used it not for legal requirements (it was nearly 20 years ago, in an environment where I could more or less make my own rules) but to try and uncover personality traits. Of course, it was only a partially effective tool; it revealed much, but certainly not all, and had to be tempered with the experience of the individual at work and his/her ability to work in teams. In software, keeping in mind Phillippe's Law, keeping in mind Brooke's theories from The Mythical Manmonth, teamwork was more or less mandatory, and only work experience validated that. Having said that, and having acknowledged that it was not foolproof, it did serve an important purpose.

Incidentally, a good psychometric instrument is not quite as evident as one might think; look through the F-Test, read its administration rules and the point becomes obvious. Faking an attitude becomes increasingly difficult under time pressure, and given good 'scrambling'.

There is no doubt that your point about 'respect' is good, and that allowing each other space is good, and more important, at this stage, than complex tools, but when numbers go, and people swarm in, these processes do help. You might never find them useful in running this forum, of course, given your commitment to quality rather than to numbers.f

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
It seems like we took @jbgt90 advice and tweaked around a bit to reduce the background noise, I for some reason not liking it. How do you guys like that so far?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The background seems a bit dimmed.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Looks good now. Thanks

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
We now support push notification, direct post share and video direct upload.

The rating feature and the grid layout are currently disabled until we sort out some technical issues.

Nilgiri

BANNED
Reactions
224 22 0
Country
India
We now support push notification, direct post share and video direct upload.

The rating feature and the grid layout are currently disabled until we sort out some technical issues.

It looks great!

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Push notification is indeed needed. Thanks

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
We did some enhancement to increase speed and easy browsing. If you find the changes we made emotionally traumatizing please seek help.

Best regards

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Assalamoalaikum.
Why don't we have specific page numbers, like all other forums, to specifically jump to a certain page?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Assalamoalaikum.
Why don't we have specific page numbers, like all other forums, to specifically jump to a certain page?

We do unless you are using a phone to browse the forum then you need to scroll down to see that at the bottom of the page.

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
We do unless you are using a phone to browse the forum then you need to scroll down to see that at the bottom of the page.
Sorry, but what I am asking about like, e.g , if I want to jump to page 20 and I just have to turn the page number 20 and simply clicking on that number to be there, that kind of utility I am missing here.
Secondly, can I turn off the notifications to be received through e-mails?