India Is Buying The Wrong Warplanes | Page 2 | World Defense

India Is Buying The Wrong Warplanes

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Their FLANKER serviceability is very low. I think 55-60% maximum.
You mean the availability... yes i have read same long time ago and there was the issue with shelf life of their Russian AAM R73 & R77 etc.
As well Indians are preparing to buy BVR derby from Israel for SU and meteor from France for mirages and Rafael.
Integration of derby can be tricky because Russian support would be required. May be India is trying to re-approach Russia with this new 2.7 billion deal and buying Russian made SU to compare them with local made... could be many objectives of this one deal, linked to future buildup plans of InAF.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
they are buying the MiG-29s because Russia is replacing them with the newer, more advanced MiG-35s and Russia is selling their MiG-29s off to various countries and allies. as for the Su-30MKIs, India is constantly phasing out older Soviet models they been using, so the Su-30MKIs seem to be a cheaper alternative as per to constantly buying new high end jets.
the Rafales, on the other hand the Indians won't buy in huge quantities because they are to expensive for them.
my question, is what happen to order of 83 Tejas

TEJA is a dead project. You will see limited numbers, only for demonstration and learning purpose.
India have decided to move on from TEJA and build a new plane.
I won't be surprised if they include design elements from jF-17 /J10 etc. in their next model.

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
we will wait and see how long this will take India to get it "right" with the warplanes they want, it's an alternative excuse and pitch to get Western Companies to sell them high end fighters at an discounted price, Modi been doing that with Rafale since they ordered them.
as for their Su-30MKIs, they are at a ~60% serviceability rate, which is their current to go to fighter, and a embarrassment, however it does prove one point, the IAF has more issues then what Indian fanboys want to actually admit towards.
following their order for 33 new jets and the upgrade of 59 MiG-29s to UPG standard, India also signed a major spare parts agreement with Russia.
not only are they focusing on procuring 33 new jets, they are also trying to accelerate the S-400 delivery, which makes me wonder if they will get 2nd hand launchers + equipment.

Zhengzhou

Reactions
338 5 0
Country
China
Ilya Tarasenko, CEO, MiG Corporation has confirmed that talks to sell 21 unused airframes to India is underway and has been fast-tracked under request from India recently, as both sides work to conclude a contract for the sale of currently under storage airframes of the Mig-29s and UPG Upgrade Kits to make them same as the current upgraded fleet of MiG-29UPG in Indian Air Force. Airframes manufactured for a certain export customer were put on cold storage at various facilities of the MiG Corporation after the deal collapsed nearly 20 years ago. Complete fuselage along with wings and other airframes have been inspected by IAF Team last year and was reported back that indeed airframes have been unused and can be used to integrate into a new fighter jet back home. HAL which was in charge of upgrading Mig-29A into Mig-29UPG Standards for the entire fleet of 60 odd jets with IAF, which included new engines and radars along with Multi-Role capabilities for the jets. Tarasenko has confirmed that airframes will be shipped to India and UPG upgrade kit will be used to integrate them in to brand new aircraft with Zero airframe hours which can serve with IAF for the next 30 years.

so I guess, India will now manufacture 21 MiG-29s to UPG standard +12 Su-30MKI to be built by HAL as "emergency response". some sources, I haven't found anymore except this one, say that India will manufacture more MiG-29UPGs under a licensed agreement.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Isn't j 35 project Azm sir?
most definitely NO. AZM as we know is 6th generation.
Such planes are not existing, but their technology is being tested on 4+ and /or 5th generation aircrafts.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
India claims their Su-30MKIs are poor for mountain patrols and are trying to get France to reduce the prices of Rafale and hand over 2nd hand Mirage 2000s to deter China, however what's indeed funny about this, those 33 jets, India has been eyeing since 2019, so is this really to deter China or is this just to finish a slow moving procurement?
this whole "we bought the wrong planes" was a typical move made by Modi in order to increase delivery rate of Rafales, as well as increase the order but of course have the deal brought down at a cheaper rate.
they keep mocking how Russia is giving them bad deals which in fact we aren't, we have been in negotiations since the end of last year to let manufacture RD-33 Engines (MiG-29s) and AL-31FP engine (Su-30MKI) + export them to friendly countries (Vietnam, Indonesia, etc.) not only are they procuring 21 MiG-29s from Russia, we also approved to where they can build any future MiG-29UPG order they may need.

Ziaulislam

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
60 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Article refer to a recent order of last week.
What's not clear to me is that previously India used to assemble SU-30 in HAL, why are they taking delivery of complete SU this time and does it comes with Russian avionics?
Its not complete it will be from kits

Ziaulislam

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
60 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I would recomend french to hand over used mirage 2000 to paf...india will end up buying all the rafales in response

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
India is stuck nationally on a superiority-inferiority complex. They have a tin pot wannabe Hitler and a Nazi party to boot. One thing we know about Nazis, they like flashy, Freudian super weapons. They will surely go with:

1. More Rafales (I can guarantee this)
2. Attempt to negotiate the F-35 / F-16 (very likely they will go for the F-35) (very likely deal will be inked within 1 year (my understanding)
3. S-400s from Russia. This is another system that fits their "super weapon" category

What all this means for Pakistan:

1. They will soon be outgunned by the F-35 within 1.5 years.
2. PAF F-16s will lose any advantage they have and have a meaningful disadvantage
3. IAF will get US training. This is already being discussed (search it up on Google) This will level the playing field in terms of tactics and processes.