India Loses Contact With Chandrayaan-2 Moon Lander During Its Descent | Page 3 | World Defense

India Loses Contact With Chandrayaan-2 Moon Lander During Its Descent

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
We, Indians not act as it was successful, As the lander crash landed, But we say it as 95% successful as we learned from the mistakes and even the orbiter is still at the orbit and trying to discover what happened. Sooner or later ISRO gonna do it right

You being a pakistani, We dont care what you say about our space mission as you have never failed because you never tried.
Has India scheduled a re-do or not yet planned? Probably India could learn a one or two from Russia.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
India became the first country in Asia to send a satellite to Mars, did it use that as a way to bash Pakistan?

Statements were made by indian politicians "we are sending missions to mars and they are sending terrorists" ..... I am sorry I can't provide you the source.

Indians and Pakistanis trolling each other is one thing, but unprofessional behavior by Cabinet Ministers and high ranking military officers is another.
Why does the director of Pakistan's military PR wing need to comment about a civilian space mission?

Because indian military chief and indian defense minister make childish statements about atom bombs, you can search and provide us one statement by our Military people and our defense minister on use of atom bomb.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
I don't see a reason for your SM and military general comment/make fun for our space missions failure to soft land while the whole world congratulate Indias moon mission.

There is a very solid reason for that. The military rep didn't use his official account I think, and being a pro military person he didn't appreciate your wasting Veer chakra on a failure. If that failure was worth it we would have recommended it like you did for Sher Khan during Kargil conflict.

SM is a media personality in india.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Some members here should keep in mind that while the soft landing was unfortunately unsuccessful, ISRO did successfully launch the orbiter into orbit, which will last for as long as 7 years and provide valuable information about the lunar surface. There is a reason why ISRO has received international praise for the mission despite the last-minute setback.

Also, India did end up landing on the lunar south pole, although it was a hard landing rather than the planned soft landing. Still a good achievement for the first attempt.
You call a crash a "soft landing"?
Better update your vocabulary fast.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
You call a crash a "soft landing"?
Better update your vocabulary fast.

He mentioned that soft landing was unsuccessful ........ though didn't call it crash landing but he didn't call crash a soft landing. Sir

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
He mentioned that soft landing was unsuccessful ........ though didn't call it crash landing but he didn't call crash a soft landing. Sir
Soft landing that is unsuccessful = Crash. Wold you like to sugar coat it further?

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Soft landing that is unsuccessful = Crash. Wold you like to sugar coat it further?

If you could mention that it is still 90% successful ........... if you could.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I think chandrayaan 3 is scheduled for 2023 or 2024. It is going to be a joint mission with the Japanese space agency
Thats a good idea, on their own they will mess it up royally AGAIN.

Reactions
17 0 1
Country
India
Thats a good idea, on their own they will mess it up royally AGAIN.
Sir didn't you read the article I posted? In no way can this be called a royal failure. The orbiter, which has the majority of scientific payloads, was successfully launched, and is the first orbiter to orbit the moon around the poles instead of around the equator. In addition, India came closer than any country to soft landing on the Lunar South Pole. In fact, India technically is the only country to land on the moon's soft pole, even though it was a hard landing. Still a good achievement for the first attempt.

However, the most important thing is ISRO learned valuable information that can be applied to the next mission. Keep in mind that Chandrayaan 2 was largely a test run for Chandrayaan 3, which will use a rover with a much longer lifespan.

There is a reason why the world's major space agencies and many space experts are praising ISRO for the largely-successful mission. Nobody except the usual suspects from one particular country has called it a failure.

Reactions
17 0 1
Country
India
If you could mention that it is still 90% successful ........... if you could.
That's not sugar coating, that is the truth. Please read what those with knowledge about space exploration are saying. Although I suppose the egree of the success vs. failure ratio is debatable, in know way can it be called a failure.

Now if the orbiter loses communications or Vikram Lander did not make it anywhere near as close as it did to making a successful soft landing(it was going fine until only 2km above the moon) than it would be a different story.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir didn't you read the article I posted? In no way can this be called a royal failure. The orbiter, which has the majority of scientific payloads, was successfully launched, and is the first orbiter to orbit the moon around the poles instead of around the equator. In addition, India came closer than any country to soft landing on the Lunar South Pole. In fact, India technically is the only country to land on the moon's soft pole, even though it was a hard landing. Still a good achievement for the first attempt.

However, the most important thing is ISRO learned valuable information that can be applied to the next mission. Keep in mind that Chandrayaan 2 was largely a test run for Chandrayaan 3, which will use a rover with a much longer lifespan.

There is a reason why the world's major space agencies and many space experts are praising ISRO for the largely-successful mission. Nobody except the usual suspects from one particular country has called it a failure.
My friend, you have not carefully studied this thread, you cannot imagine how well I know your space program.