Iranian Affairs | Page 38 | World Defense

Iranian Affairs

yavar

Reactions
84 0 0
Country
Iran
Iran Fotros class ( Hemaseh ) Mohajer 6 & Karrar UCAV with Yasin, Balaban Satellite guided Bombs, and Qaem 5,9 missiles

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Iran to resume building its longest cross-sea bridge

The Persian Gulf Bridge will connect Iran's largest island of Qeshm to the coast in Bandar Abbas.

The Persian Gulf Bridge will connect Iran's largest island of Qeshm to the coast in Bandar Abbas.

Minister of Roads and Urban Development Mohammad Eslami says Iran plans to resume the construction of its longest cross-sea bridge, linking the Qeshm Island in the Persian Gulf to Bandar Abbas.

“Negotiations have been held with the investor of the Persian Gulf Bridge to see the construction resume,” Eslami told reporters on the sidelines of a ceremony on the Qeshm Island to unveil a homebuilt catamaran.

Eslami described the Persian Gulf Bridge as the “symbol of advanced engineering”, saying it will contribute to the region’s economic boom, providing easy access to the Qeshm Free Zone and a transit corridor.

The transit corridor stretches all the way to the Caspian Sea and the Central Asia.

The Persian Gulf Bridge is made up of 2.4 kilometers of bridge and a two-lane causeway as well as a railroad section.

It is reportedly being built by an Iranian company at a cost of 450 million euros.

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
"Suspected Iranian hackers infiltrated critical infrastructure and government computers in the Persian Gulf nation of Bahrain within the last month, raising fears among leaders in the region that Tehran is stepping up its cyberattacks amid growing tensions."

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
I would also appreciate if you can translate this tweet in a line or two.
Sure, my apologies.

They are announcing that Bavar-373 SAM will be formally revealed on August 22nd. Bavar-373 is the biggest national AD project in Iran for the past 10+ years and the most significant indigenous military project of that time arguably, so people have been waiting for the formal reveal for many years.

This is what I hinted at a few days ago when I wrote there will be significant news coming in 2-3 weeks.

Just a few weeks ago there was a BM launch by Iran, many speculate that this was part of a successful BM interception test by Bavar-373 and that maybe footage will be revealed on August 22nd as well. But we wait and see.

Persian Gulf

Reactions
104 1 0
Country
Iran
Could you please provide a brief summary to what is being said in the video? No one here understands Farsi!
Sure, my apologies again :)

Yesterday they revealed 3 new types of fully indigenous smart bombs/PGMs that can be carried by a range of drones/fighter jets: Yasin and Balaban glide bombs; and 3 variations of the Qaem guided smart bomb (for launch by a range of small drones including Hamaseh, Mojaher, Karrar and Ababil).

The Yasin/Balaban are basically JDAMs. Balaban is GPS/INS/inertial guided and designed to be carried by Karrar UAV with 25km range. Yasin can be carried by fighter jets + UAVs and has 50km range.

The significance in my opinion is that these small precision-guided bombs (Qaem 1, 5 and 9) can be carried by these smaller UAVs (they showed footage of small drones like the ones I mentioned carrying 2x Qaem).

Hatami (the general in the video) talks about this and says these new bombs are fully indigenous, will be mass produced and delivered to armed forces and usual stuff about deterrence and peaceful purposes etc.

yavar

Reactions
84 0 0
Country
Iran
Iran Advanced phased array radar system " Falag " wirh 400 KM range
Iran Army air defense chief Gen. Sabahi-Fard: due to Russian's inability (read refusal), this radar was inoperational for years. Iranian engineers spent 2300 man-hours on this project.
ttps://tn.ai/2072495

yavar

Reactions
84 0 0
Country
Iran
Iran domestically made long range air defense system 200+ KM ایران پدافند هوایی برد بلند۲۰۰+ کیلومتر

yavar

Reactions
84 0 0
Country
Iran
Iran domestically made long range air defense system Bavar-373 260 KM range, Altitude 27 KM, detection range 320 KM, ability of 100 target tracking simultaneous, and engaged 6 targets ,