Iraq News & Discussions | Page 4 | World Defense

Iraq News & Discussions

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
The fact is that the IS has been around for some years now, but only after they killed some westerns they become notorious. Syria ha already been suffering with them since 2011 and now US troops are back to Iraq against all the promises. An end to this war is not in sight.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
The fact is that the IS has been around for some years now, but only after they killed some westerns they become notorious. Syria ha already been suffering with them since 2011 and now US troops are back to Iraq against all the promises. An end to this war is not in sight.

Very true. An end to this war is a possibility as remote as, say, a snowball in hell.

Why?

The way I see it, we are dealing with the tip of an gigantic, global iceberg. Groups like ISIS are sort of like the pus you see at the tip of a carbuncle. Just removing the pus is not going to make the carbuncle go away. Remove ISIS and, before you know it, another group or two will take its place.

Where do these people who form groups like ISIS come from?

Some are from groups which have been hit very hard, making it too hot to stay in those former groups. We are beginning to see a core of mercenaries forming in these groups. I call them mercenaries because they are not fighting for any cause that is valid. What they are fighting for is just for bloodlust and delusional glory.

I read somewhere that people who have been living as fighters on the frontline for years find it difficult to live in non-violent, peaceful conditions. I think this is what is happening to some of the fighters who are in groups like ISIS. They are fighting because that's all they know what to do. They have already lost sight of what they were fighting for. They just want to shoot and kill. That's what they live for. So they go with whichever group gives them the most opportunities to create chaos and mayhem through violence.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Well said Aree, they are just the tip of the iceberg and no one gets out of my head that they have and hidden agenda and who knows if they aren't informal armies from other countries just trying to control the wealth generated by oil or drugs... Who knows!

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Australian ‘model militant’ dumps catwalk for ISIS

c18c744b-8b37-4001-948c-a3e03e827457_16x9_600x338.jpg

Sharky Jama is now (L) believed to have joined ISIS militants and is living in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, 70 kilometers west of Baghdad. (Photo courtesy: The Australian)

Images from Jama's modeling agency. (Courtesy: Daily Mail Australia)

Jama is now believed to have joined ISIS militants and is living in the Iraqi city of Fallujah, 70 kilometers west of Baghdad and has been under ISIS control for almost a year.

The former model is believed to have taken with him a friend, former La Trobe University student Yusuf Yusuf, The Australian reported.

Images from Jama's modeling agency. (Courtesy: Daily Mail Australia)

Yusuf has reportedly fled for the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa in Syria.

“Mr Jama’s former social media accounts — including one with the username “thelastkhliafat”, a misspelled reference to an Islamic caliphate — have been deleted, but he maintains a Facebook page under a different name in which he offers his perspectives on Islamic State and life under its banners,” according to the newspaper’s online portal.

On Jama’s modeling agency profile page, he is reportedly described as a “brown-eyed, black-haired man who stands at 5’11” (180cm) and wears a size 38R suit.”

“The materialism displayed in his sample photographs contrasts deeply with his new life and religious views. From his posts and comments, it appears Mr Jama first traveled through Europe after leaving Australia, telling one friend he ‘had to shave’ his beard ‘before crossing borders,’” the newspaper added.

As many as 70 Australians are believed to be in Iraq and Syria, with the government estimating that at least another 20 have been killed in the fighting, according to The Australian.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/var...n-model-militant-dumps-catwalk-for-ISIS-.html

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
After Osama Bin Laden, I think terrorism, even evolved to a more evil and branded image. These guys are going to march in countries whenever they want for all we know. Why can't these guys just be arrested??!!!

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
who knows if they aren't informal armies from other countries just trying to control the wealth generated by oil or drugs... Who knows!

It's not pure conjecture anymore. There are already reports detailing how different actors in the Middle-East are fighting proxy wars through the use of these groups. It's very simple. He who pays the piper, calls the tune. Follow the money and it will lead back to the puppet masters.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
These guys need to be eradicated as soon as possible. From the beheadings to the killing of innocents, they should be dealt with quickly. I don't know how much longer these will last but lets hope they be gone by Summer.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
These guys need to be eradicated as soon as possible. From the beheadings to the killing of innocents, they should be dealt with quickly. I don't know how much longer these will last but lets hope they be gone by Summer.

We can do our part in wiping them off the map, at least in cyberspace. Let's stop calling them Islamic. Let's stop calling them a state. Call them Daesh. Without media attention, they will be diminished. Let's all do our part in removing them from cyberspace. Support this petition:
Petition: Call them Daesh
Thank you.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We can do our part in wiping them off the map, at least in cyberspace. Let's stop calling them Islamic. Let's stop calling them a state. Call them Daesh. Without media attention, they will be diminished. Let's all do our part in removing them from cyberspace. Support this petition:
Petition: Call them Daesh
Thank you.

Daesh " |0|

You're enjoying the word friend .

I see their posts in twitter they're angry because the world is calling them " Daesh " .(:-)

Also, other people calling them non-islamic state .

We need to obliterate their identity ..and that's what is happening now even in Arabic nation ..

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm impressed at how smoothly ISIS was able to grab control over oil refineries and fields in Syria and Iraq as well as take advantage of oil smuggling routes in so short a time. So all this must have been planned a long time ago, while the U.S. was busy fighting other wars and insurgent groups. The marginalized individuals who supported them have no ounce of guilt for doing so. What has the world come to? CIA should up its game. I guess those routes were what they used to transport weapons.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I see their posts in twitter they're angry because the world is calling them " Daesh "

The whole world is not calling them Daesh yet. The western media is still calling them Islamic and calling them a state. We must keep at this until nobody refers to them as anything else but Daesh. It may not be much but this is what we can do. This is something that everyone of us can do. This is our contribution to the war against Daesh.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Very true. An end to this war is a possibility as remote as, say, a snowball in hell.

Why?

The way I see it, we are dealing with the tip of an gigantic, global iceberg. Groups like ISIS are sort of like the pus you see at the tip of a carbuncle. Just removing the pus is not going to make the carbuncle go away. Remove ISIS and, before you know it, another group or two will take its place.

Where do these people who form groups like ISIS come from?

Some are from groups which have been hit very hard, making it too hot to stay in those former groups. We are beginning to see a core of mercenaries forming in these groups. I call them mercenaries because they are not fighting for any cause that is valid. What they are fighting for is just for bloodlust and delusional glory.

I read somewhere that people who have been living as fighters on the frontline for years find it difficult to live in non-violent, peaceful conditions. I think this is what is happening to some of the fighters who are in groups like ISIS. They are fighting because that's all they know what to do. They have already lost sight of what they were fighting for. They just want to shoot and kill. That's what they live for. So they go with whichever group gives them the most opportunities to create chaos and mayhem through violence.

Well said, the question then becomes how do we get to the root of the problem? Is this something that we can even find the root? Do we have to continue fighting over and over because we aren't fighting against a nation-state we are fighting against a concept?

How do you defeat a concept? Fundamentalism is a concept - very similar to Communism during the days of the Cold War - The Soviet Union was defeated in the late 20th century but the theory of Communism still remains in the world today. Is it because it is practiced in nations that are not Global superpowers it doesn't get the recognition?

If ISIS and these radical groups don't attack western civilization do we even know they exist?

I guess this post was more of me thinking out loud. We'll never "defeat" a concept because there is no measurement other than complete removal from existence which can never happen. We'll have to find a way to "manage" it.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
We'll never "defeat" a concept because there is no measurement other than complete removal from existence which can never happen.

We can actually defeat a concept. A concept exists in the mind. If the Daesh can teach its followers that the West is their enemy, we can teach them that the West is their friends. Send teacher over there. Not into their heartland but to the fringes where the people are moderate in their practice of Islam. Send doctors, too. Teachers and doctors can influence a lot of people. When someone is sick, and a doctor heals him, he will feel that the doctor is a friend. If the doctor is from the West, he will feel that the West is friendly. When a teacher educates someone and that someone, as a result of the education, lives a better life, he will feel that the teacher is a friend, and if the teacher is from the West, he will feel that the West is friendly. It won't happen overnight. It will take time, but the effects will be long-lasting.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
The international community should take collective measures to put an end to this monster.

You just spoke my mind i feel the international community are not really doing enough to combat the ISIS militants.

revolution

Reactions
25 2 0
Country
Sweden