Iraqi security forces raid KH headquarters and arrest 13 of its members | World Defense

Iraqi security forces raid KH headquarters and arrest 13 of its members

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
Can the USAF do us a favor and blow up the new IRGC guy the next time he's in Iraq

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Can the USAF do us a favor and blow up the new IRGC guy the next time he's in Iraq

Well he is avoiding entering Iraq for that exact reason I believe ....

Strange things happening

It's not strange but risky and shows that Iraqi gov't is trying to consolidate a different future for Iraq than the one Iran and some of these militias do. This was certainly not an overnight development, intelligence went into this and lots of consultation between all sides. Some of these militias are disobeying Iraqi national consensus and attempting to threaten the gov't and apply some pressure on the US on behalf of Iran. US probably was threatening more strikes and Iraqi gov't does not want that and instead is making its own efforts to arrest those involved in recent attacks or other unlawful activities.

It is a big development in Iraq as this can cause a rift between militias and Iraqi gov't. But, also because Iraqi gov't is introducing new policy and has begun implementing it. Iran gonna try to counter this but it will really mess up their reputation this time around among the Iraqi public.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Well he is avoiding entering Iraq for that exact reason I believe ....

It's not strange but risky and shows that Iraqi gov't is trying to consolidate a different future for Iraq than the one Iran and some of these militias do. This was certainly not an overnight development, intelligence went into this and lots of consultation between all sides. Some of these militias are disobeying Iraqi national consensus and attempting to threaten the gov't and apply some pressure on the US on behalf of Iran. US probably was threatening more strikes and Iraqi gov't does not want that and instead is making its own efforts to arrest those involved in recent attacks or other unlawful activities.

It is a big development in Iraq as this can cause a rift between militias and Iraqi gov't. But, also because Iraqi gov't is introducing new policy and has begun implementing it. Iran gonna try to counter this but it will really mess up their reputation this time around among the Iraqi public.

Based on personal experience and their history, I may trust a jew, a christian, but not a Shia. They are masters of disguise and hypocrisy.

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
Based on personal experience and their history, I may trust a jew, a christian, but not a Shia. They are masters of disguise and hypocrisy.

There we've got a Pakistani radical Shi'a hating Sunni boy. No one needs your likes. These monkeys should like the Iranians and Turks stay out of Arab affairs. Too bad Saddam isn't there to spread some chemicals.

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country

Some are more trustworthy than others, it's on an individual-to-individual basis. This is more about struggle between Iraqi state and Iraqi militias that answer to Iran. As expected they tried to intimidate Iraqi gov't and PM again:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
@Doritos11

How do you see this playing out? Will Iraqi security forces refrain from arresting their members or continue with such security operations in future?

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
@Doritos11

How do you see this playing out? Will Iraqi security forces refrain from arresting their members or continue with such security operations in future?

Much of the PMU would never fight against the army or ISOF. It's certain pro-Iran factions, mainly kataib Hezbollah which as you can see in the video sees the army and ISOF as an American establishment.

However this is ruining Hezbollah and Iran's image even further in front of the Iraqi public. They are now witnessing first hand Iran's ways and that Hezbollah is just a stooge that used ISIS to build their legitimacy. This arrest by ISof was due to an imminent rocket attack at Baghdad airport by kataib Hezbollah.

Now it's also far more evident that all those young protestors that died in Baghdad were killed by these Hezbollah, to protect Abdul Mahdi who was an Iranian stooge.

PM kahdimi, the army and ISOF are at big odds with the pro Iran and Hezbollah factions. They have the will to remove them but they'll need heavy American support which might be reached next month when Kadhami visits Washington DC. Iran is spreading cancer in Iraq in every single way you can imagine, their sole counter argument is that they "saved" us from Isis. Whilst on reality it's ISOF that led all operations, the same force they threaten now.

It's good to see this escalation, hopefully more so we can see them being removed like in 2008. They will continue, we know trump won't back down. If ISOF doesn't do the job the US air force will strike them and Iran can't do anything about it. If Iran does something major in Iraq against the US then Iran itself will be on fire. Iran directly is very unlikely to do something as it would really the masses in Iraq against Iran. They do it through other groups in Iraq which would crumble against airpower

Baghdad should stop Iranian imports and hurt Iran's economy, pressure them back.

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Much of the PMU would never fight against the army or ISOF. It's certain pro-Iran factions, mainly kataib Hezbollah which as you can see in the video sees the army and ISOF as an American establishment.

However this is ruining Hezbollah and Iran's image even further in front of the Iraqi public. They are now witnessing first hand Iran's ways and that Hezbollah is just a stooge that used ISIS to build their legitimacy. This arrest by ISof was due to an imminent rocket attack at Baghdad airport by kataib Hezbollah.

Now it's also far more evident that all those young protestors that died in Baghdad were killed by these Hezbollah, to protect Abdul Mahdi who was an Iranian stooge.

PM kahdimi, the army and ISOF are at big odds with the pro Iran and Hezbollah factions. They have the will to remove them but they'll need heavy American support which might be reached next month when Kadhami visits Washington DC. Iran is spreading cancer in Iraq in every single way you can imagine, their sole counter argument is that they "saved" us from Isis. Whilst on reality it's ISOF that led all operations, the same force they threaten now.

It's good to see this escalation, hopefully more so we can see them being removed like in 2008. They will continue, we know trump won't back down. If ISOF doesn't do the job the US air force will strike them and Iran can't do anything about it. If Iran does something major in Iraq against the US then Iran itself will be on fire. Iran directly is very unlikely to do something as it would really the masses in Iraq against Iran. They do it through other groups in Iraq which would crumble against airpower

Baghdad should stop Iranian imports and hurt Iran's economy, pressure them back.

Well said Doritos, Iran is acting strange lately but I think Kadhimi and Iraqi govt have a plan in place and are gonna work to secure Iraqs future. Iranians over there will lie , rant , and claim they defeated isis but their antics not gonna stop or change anything.

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
Well said Doritos, Iran is acting strange lately but I think Kadhimi and Iraqi govt have a plan in place and are gonna work to secure Iraqs future. Iranians over there will lie , rant , and claim they defeated isis but their antics not gonna stop or change anything.

Yesterday in Wasit province (south Iraq), a brigadier general of the police was assassinated. There is no ISIS reach to those provinces.

The Arab states surrounding Iraq have taken very failed policies towards Iraq. Prior to 2014, our most important Arab neighbors (GCC) took a stance against the Iraqi army. The fact is the army together with other state institutions are the only wall against extremist groups loyal to Iran. The army is busy with ISIS till this day, they can only put down both ISIS and Iranian-initiated groups by having major support from the US. The other issue is that Turkey is also trying to exploit the divisions in Iraqi society.

This is why many Iraqis, whilst knowing some PMU factions are problematic to our state as they answer to Tehran.. refuse to dismantle those groups. Other actors will exploit the vacuum/weakness that will be created to cause us more damage. The Iraqi army/air force/police needs to be a lot more powerful, that's the solution to take care of all the threats. Washington is not so willing to strengthen it.

The emergence of Katai'b Hezbollah took a same pattern as the emergence of the Mahdi army in 2004, the vacuum and chaos allowed them and gave them the excuse/legitimacy. Few remember that Al-Maliki used to send ISOF after the mahdi army, see link below.

Post-2008 the militia's faded away and only re-emerged in 2014 which Iran saw as the opportunity. Now they're stronger, they're in Baghdad openly and it's become evident who shot all those protesters. I don't see army/ISOF doing this alone without far heavier US military support for the sole reason that they're focused on ISIS which is keeping the army busy.

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Iraq is basically a vassal of iran now. They are knee deep in their proxies. It would take a very strong man or an other country to fight Irans control over Iraq.

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
Kadhimi replaced the head of national security; Faleh Al Fayyad (Iran loyalist) with Khaled Al Obeidi who was removed a few years ago by pro-Iran groups in parliament.

Also

Reversal of the de-baathification policy. The parliament is full of the pro-Iran lot, it's going to be tough to remove them.

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Yesterday in Wasit province (south Iraq), a brigadier general of the police was assassinated. There is no ISIS reach to those provinces.

That's not good news, any reason why? Was he targeted specifically or was this intended as a message against Iraqi security forces?

The Arab states surrounding Iraq have taken very failed policies towards Iraq. Prior to 2014, our most important Arab neighbors (GCC) took a stance against the Iraqi army. The fact is the army together with other state institutions are the only wall against extremist groups loyal to Iran. The army is busy with ISIS till this day, they can only put down both ISIS and Iranian-initiated groups by having major support from the US. The other issue is that Turkey is also trying to exploit the divisions in Iraqi society.

Yes, I think they learned from their mistakes. I'm not sure I would rely on them for much either. Iraqi army/state needs to consider itself a sole party in this fight against ISIS/Iran led groups. Arab states will not help as they are against risk taking or don't want tensions with Iran. Or simply don't have experience against insurgent groups like ISIS to help advise Iraqi army on ground. I feel like Turkey has the expertise to help Iraq and it is both against Kurdish federation in north Iraq and against Iranian influence in Iraq but it doesn't want to affect relationship with Iran and doesn't feel Iraqi's would want that.

So Iraqi army/state can rely on itself and US support but US won't take it far to change dynamics on ground nor do I believe they are interested in it.

This is why many Iraqis, whilst knowing some PMU factions are problematic to our state as they answer to Tehran.. refuse to dismantle those groups. Other actors will exploit the vacuum/weakness that will be created to cause us more damage. The Iraqi army/air force/police needs to be a lot more powerful, that's the solution to take care of all the threats. Washington is not so willing to strengthen it.

Exactly, US does not want to strengthen Iraqi army and US has interest in Iranian influence there. I think US is looking long term and sees Iran as potential new Israel. If Israel collapsed and an Arab federation was formed the Israeli's would move to Iran and the US/other powers will see Iran as perfect counter-weapon against it.

This is why Iraqi army need to play safe with all sides but also look elsewhere, possibly in Turkey. However, not sure this is possible with way Iraqi parliament is at time being. So it requires more time.

The emergence of Katai'b Hezbollah took a same pattern as the emergence of the Mahdi army in 2004, the vacuum and chaos allowed them and gave them the excuse/legitimacy. Few remember that Al-Maliki used to send ISOF after the mahdi army, see link below.

Post-2008 the militia's faded away and only re-emerged in 2014 which Iran saw as the opportunity. Now they're stronger, they're in Baghdad openly and it's become evident who shot all those protesters. I don't see army/ISOF doing this alone without far heavier US military support for the sole reason that they're focused on ISIS which is keeping the army busy.

I wouldn't trust the US nor Iran, US motives in ME region need to be read at deeper than surface level. Same with Iran. They have a media/propaganda/symbolic war with each other but their real motives/intent is to break up and degrade all Arab nations in region. US doesn't have to deal directly with Iran for them to enable Iran. They can allow China/Russia to fill in gap, among others. US sees and Israeli's see value in Iran for future purposes and this won't even require regime change. Like I said, they gonna try to misconstrue their real intentions on the surface but it's not hard to see for those who aren't naive. I would never trust Iran, Israel or the US as they never had good intentions towards Arab states.