Iraqi TV, Officials: Iran's Gen. Soleimani, Head of Elite Quds Force, Killed in Baghdad Airstrike | Page 2 | World Defense

Iraqi TV, Officials: Iran's Gen. Soleimani, Head of Elite Quds Force, Killed in Baghdad Airstrike

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I expect mourning at pdf, else in world it’s justice delivered to baby killer.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
What was he doing in Iraq? Was he there on an official visit i-e guest of the Iraqi government or a clandestine / unofficial visit to just meet with the shia militias?

He has ties to both the government and militias and it is not uncommon for him to be in Iraq. Mostly likely scenario is they were discussing a coup against the Iraqi government and I don't believe they were preparing to attack US targets. They are too afraid to go that route.

Now we see fruits of US deployments to the Mideast over the past several months since the oil tanker hits. It was not a defensive posture and looks more like US is going on offensive against Iran and its allies and is now prepared for it. Even if Iran doesn't respond I expect another US strike either in Iraq or elsewhere against Iranian allies and it appears US wants war and will hit Iran's infrastructure.

The issue is that the US does not do well planning long term or dealing with aftermath of such situation. If for example they drag into Gaza into this and start attacking Gaza they will anger the whole Sunni world and destabilize Egypt/Libya. I think even Trump was misled and this was more a policy pushed and executed by the US establishment/Pentagon. Lots of American Jews within the ranks of the US gov't and they want US to go to war against Iranian allies, and especially against Gaza.

I don't think Trump understands that Qasem was a high ranking figure of a nation state and was instead fed information by his advisers and those around him(many Jews) trying to draw parallels between and Baghdadi for example. So he may believe he took out an AQ like leader but this is not the case. Iran operates more like a state and it does have state like oppression against Syrians and Iraqi's but you can't frame anyone and everyone as someone similar to Baghdadi just for character assassination sake and to justify war against them.

More leaders in the future in the region will be framed this way as well wrongfully.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Iran is in a tough position because the US is prepared and will blame Iran regardless of any retribution taken by its allies. US is going to hit targets in Iran after any retribution of any sort. Thus Iran can't strike back unless they are prepared for at the very least a short term war that won't involve ground troops but will involve Air Force of US and any other US allies attacked.

Iran may also have been victim of US tacit reminder to Russia/China that they won't allow their influence to decline in the region and are willing to go far to ensure that.

Either way Iran seems afraid to respond but their deterrence is shattered because they tolerated Israeli strikes for so long in Syria/Iraq. If they do nothing there may be more attacks targeting other figures with same excuse that they were planning attacks against US. So best case scenario is short term war where they reestablish deterrence and attack US allies in the region to make the price seem high then enter ceasefire talks on basis of US reentering nuclear and removing sanctions.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
There are reports Qatari foreign minister arrived in Iran to mediate between Iran and the US.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Btw the US did a double tap strike, there were two or three civilians that got near the cars and another missile struck possibly killing those two civilians. There is a video of it.

Anyhow, in the coming days we will know what the messages being relayed via Qatar or other mediators are. And that should determine where it goes from here. If Iranians do any military retribution I assume they will attack Arab nations in the Gulf and refrain from striking US targets.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
The last thing on earth Trump wants is a war with Iran, especially in an election year. He tried being nice to them and they just kept pushing, entering the Embassy compound was a push too far.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The last thing on earth Trump wants is a war with Iran, especially in an election year. He tried being nice to them and they just kept pushing, entering the Embassy compound was a push too far.

Trust me this isn't about the embassy, we have protests/riots against our embassies all the time and it's just people blowing steam. US establishment/Pentagon wants to go on offensive against Iran and draw us into war with them and their allies. I don't believe Trump knew what he was getting himself into and had a flawed understanding of the geopolitical situation there and nature of the Iranian general. We are most likely going to end up in war because Trump is not making the decisions here.

And no he was not nice to them, he withdrew from the nuclear deal again due to neocons egging him on. Iran affects our allies more than it affects us so there was no reason to do this unless we wanted to help our allies counter Iranian influence/activity in the region.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Take your tin foil hat off

You think was attack will push us farther away from a war? The only thing preventing a war is Iranian cowardliness to respond against Israel or the US. Like I said they are going to be cowards and blame the Arabs ie Saudi Arabia/UAE and attack them. Whether we get involved from there or not is to be seen.

However you seem more low iq than I first suspected. Your mentality is stupid and you have too much arrogance. You have to take responsibility for certain escalations at some point.

This is due to Hollywood/US Jewish media brainwashing which makes you guys take no responsibility for anything and support every military action against anyone in the world. And present it like it is the ethical decision/step. There is no ethics/morals in politics.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
For the Arabs, they need to make serious preparations as it is likely majority of Iranian retribution will be directed at them even though they had nothing to do with this incident.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
For the Arabs, they need to make serious preparations as it is likely majority of Iranian retribution will be directed at them even though they had nothing to do with this incident.

The Americans outright claimed responsibility proudly. If Iran just lashes at Saudi then it'll make them weak and their chants of "death to america" will look like a joke. I think it's the most probable scenario though. I'm not sure khamenei is brave enough for a war with someone like America who can actually fight back.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
The Americans outright claimed responsibility proudly. If Iran just lashes at Saudi then it'll make them weak and their chants of "death to america" will look like a joke. I think it's the most probable scenario though. I'm not sure khamenei is brave enough for a war with someone like America who can actually fight back.

True. And like I said the US is on offensive and just did another strike in northern Baghdad.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
@Berke2

Most of the stuff about Israel and America was rhetoric aimed at domestic audience in region. This is why they are not prepared for what's happening.

They just assassinated the guy they put on a terrorist list hours ago. This is a war being waged by the US and it must have been in the works for awhile ever since the tougher sanctions came into place. Now is the time to execute it, it seems.