ISIS or ISIL? Either Way, They're Not Islam! | World Defense

ISIS or ISIL? Either Way, They're Not Islam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I haven't yet read the report James Duncan submitted on Google+ (which I'll read as I copy it here), but I wanted to make that first point clear. Though ISIS/ISIL may use Islam (and Christianity's spiritual-enmity against it) as "justifying cause" for their military action, they are not representative ambassadors of Islam or of Islam's god.

(For argument, you might bring-up jihad. I think jihad is a failure-to-focus-correctly---it's like "moving the mountain" so you can find another mountain rather than -so you can get to the other side. Islam purports to want ALL PEOPLE to 'serve Allah,' and claims that those who will not serve Allah are infidels---like demons, creatures who cannot be anything but evil monsters who oppose Allah.

(But THAT'S NOT TRUE! Do you serve me? no; but are you therefore an enemy who threatens my existence? no! If I were Allah, I would be satisfied with the people who do serve me. And if they were not enough, I'd create more!)

James Duncan said:
Here's a look at Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS ... 'Islamic the same way Christmas is Christian').
Facts:
Started as an al Qaeda splinter group.
Also known as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) and Islamic State (IS).
The aim of ISIS is to create an Islamic state, referred to as a caliphate, across Sunni areas of Iraq and in Syria.
ISIS is known for killing dozens of people at a time and carrying out public executions, crucifixions and other acts. It has taken over large swaths of northern and western Iraq.
The group currently controls hundreds of square miles. It ignores international borders and has a presence from Syria's Mediterranean coast to south of Baghdad. It rules by Sharia law.
Dabiq, Syria "is where the Prophet Mohammed is supposed to have predicted that the armies of Islam and 'Rome' would meet for the final battle that will precede the end of time and the triumph of true Islam," according to CNN National Security Analyst Peter Bergen.
ISIS's strategy for revenue includes oil production and smuggling, ransoms from kidnappings, selling stolen artifacts, extortion and controlling crops.
Unable to serve under the new Iraq government after Saddam Hussein's military was disbanded, former Iraqi soldiers became ISIS fighters, according to Middle East expert Fawaz Gerges.
Leader:
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: Very little is known about al-Baghdadi, but a biography posted on jihadist websites in 2013 said he earned a doctorate in Islamic studies from a university in Baghdad.
He formed the militant group in Salaheddin and Diyala provinces north of the Iraqi capital before joining al Qaeda in Iraq.
Al-Baghdadi was detained for four years in Camp Bucca, which was a U.S.-run prison in southern Iraq. He was released in 2009.
After ISIS declared the creation of the so-called "Islamic State," he began using the name Al-Khalifah Ibrahim, and now goes by that name with his followers.
Timeline:
2004 - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi establishes al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).
2006 - Under al-Zarqawi, al Qaeda in Iraq tries to ignite a sectarian war against the majority Shia community.
June 7, 2006 - Al-Zarqawi is killed in a U.S. strike. Abu Ayyub al-Masri, also known as Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, takes his place as leader of AQI.
October 2006 - AQI leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri announces the creation of Islamic State in Iraq (ISI), and establishes Abu Omar al-Baghdadi as its leader.
April 2010 - Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi becomes leader of ISI after Abu Omar al-Baghdadi and Abu Ayyub al-Masri are killed in a joint U.S.-Iraqi operation.
April 8, 2013 - ISI declares its absorption of an al Qaeda-backed militant group in Syria, Jabhat al-Nusra, also known as the al-Nusra Front. Al-Baghdadi says that his group will now be known as Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIS).
April 2013 - Al-Nusra Front leader Abu Mohammed al-Jawlani rejects ISIS's attempt to merge with the group.
February 3, 2014 - Al Qaeda renounces ties to ISIS after months of infighting between al-Nusra Front and ISIS.
May 2014 - ISIS kidnaps more than 140 Kurdish schoolboys in Syria, forcing them to take lessons in radical Islamic theology.
June 9, 2014 - Monday night into Tuesday, militants seize Mosul's airport, its TV stations and the governor's office. ISIS frees up to 1,000 prisoners.
June 10, 2014 - ISIS takes control of Mosul.
June 11, 2014 - ISIS takes control of Tikrit.
June 21, 2014 - ISIS takes control of Al-Qaim, a town on the border with Syria, as well as three other Iraqi towns.
June 28, 2014 - Iraqi Kurdistan restricts border crossings into the region for refugees fleeing the fighting.
June 29, 2014 - ISIS announces the creation of a caliphate (Islamic state) that erases all state borders, making al-Baghdadi the self-declared authority over the world's estimated 1.5 billion Muslims. The group also announces a name change to the Islamic State (IS).
June 30, 2014 - The United Nations announces that an estimated 1.2 million Iraqis have been forced from their homes.
June 30, 2014 - The Pentagon announces the United States is sending an additional 300 troops to Iraq, bringing the total U.S. forces in Iraq to nearly 800. Troops and military advisers sent to Iraq are there to add security to the U.S. Embassy and the airport in Baghdad, and to provide support to Iraqi security forces.
July 2014 - In Syria, all the cities between Deir Ezzor city and the Iraq border have fallen to ISIS, says Omar Abu Leila, a spokesman for the rebel Free Syrian Army.
July 3, 2014 - ISIS takes control of a major Syrian oil field, al-Omar. It is the country's largest oil field and can produce 75,000 barrels of oil daily.
July 17, 2014 - In Syria's Homs province, ISIS claims to have killed 270 people after storming and seizing the Shaer gas field.
July 24, 2014 - ISIS militants blow up Jonah's tomb, a holy site in Mosul.
August 8, 2014 - Two U.S. F/A-18 jet fighters bomb artillery of Sunni Islamic extremists in Iraq. President Barack Obama has authorized "targeted airstrikes" if needed to protect U.S. personnel from fighters with ISIS. The U.S. military also could use airstrikes to prevent what officials warn could be a genocide of minority groups by the ISIS fighters.
August 19, 2014 - In a video posted on YouTube, U.S. journalist James Foley, missing in Syria since 2012, is decapitated by ISIS militants. The militants then threaten the life of another captured U.S. journalist, believed to be Steven Sotloff.
September 2, 2014 - ISIS releases a video showing the beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff. Sotloff's apparent executioner speaks in what sounds like the same British accent as the man who purportedly killed Foley. He's dressed identically in both videos, head to toe in black, with a face mask and combat boots. He appears to be of similar build and height. He waves a knife in his left hand, as did the militant in the video of Foley's death.
September 11, 2014 - The CIA announces that the number of people fighting for ISIS may be more than three times the previous estimates. Analysts and U.S. officials initially estimated there were as many as 10,000 fighters, but now ISIS can "muster between 20,000 and 31,500 fighters across Iraq and Syria," a CIA spokesman tells CNN.
September 13, 2014 - ISIS militants post video on a website associated with the group, showing the apparent execution of British aid worker David Haines. This makes him the third Western captive to be killed by the Islamist extremist group in recent weeks. ISIS directs a statement at British Prime Minister David Cameron, threatening more destruction if Britain continues its "evil alliance with America." At the end of the video, the executioner threatens the life of Alan Henning, another British citizen held captive. The executioner appears to be the same one who killed both Steven Sotloff and James Foley.
September 23, 2014 - The United States carries out airstrikes against ISIS. The bombing is focused on the ISIS stronghold of Raqqa, a city in northern Syria.
October 3, 2014 - ISIS releases a video showing the apparent beheading of hostage Alan Henning. It blames the killing on the UK for joining the U.S.-led bombing campaign against ISIS in Iraq and Syria. In the same video, the group threatens the life of American aid worker Peter Kassig, also known as Abdul-Rahman Kassig.
November 3, 2014 - The Iraqi government announces ISIS militants have killed 322 members of the Albu Minr tribe in a recent series of executions. According to Sheikh Nabil Al-Ga'oud, a leader in the Albu Minr tribe, the latest of these incidents occurred November 1, in which 75 members of the tribe were killed near the town of Hit.
November 13, 2014 - An ISIS social media account posts an audio message purportedly recorded by leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. The speaker is heard saying the U.S.-led coalition to destroy ISIS is "terrified, weak and powerless." The 17-minute audio says the coalition's effort has been a "failure" and the coalition will be "forced" to "send ground forces to their deaths and destruction." The speaker also urges Islamic State fighters to take their battle everywhere and "light the Earth with fire upon all tyrants," and mentions U.S. President Barack Obama's plan to deploy 1,500 additional U.S. troops to Iraq "under the claim they are advisers." CNN cannot confirm the authenticity of the online message or when it was recorded.
November 14, 2014 - The U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria concludes that ISIS has committed war crimes and crimes against humanity, and leaders of the militant group should be held accountable by organizations such as the International Criminal Court.
November 16, 2014 - ISIS militants claim to have beheaded American hostage Peter Kassig in a video published to the Internet. Peter Kassig, also known as Abdul-Rahman Kassig, is the fifth Westerner whom ISIS claims to have beheaded via video messages. The masked executioner, referred to as Jihadi John, states,"We bury the first crusader in Dabiq, eagerly waiting for the rest of your armies to arrive."
January 20, 2015 - ISIS demands $200 million from Japan in exchange for the lives of two Japanese hostages, Kenji Goto and Haruna Yukawa.
January 22, 2015 - U.S. diplomatic officials say that coalition airstrikes have killed thousands of ISIS fighters to date, including half of the top command of the terror group. The number may be as high as 6,000 or higher, according to U.S. ambassador to Iraq Stuart Jones.
January 24, 2015 - Posted online is a video of hostage Kenji Goto, holding a photo of beheaded hostage Haruna Yukawa. A voice in the video demands the release of terror suspect Sajida al-Rishawi, from Jordan, in exchange for Kenji Goto.
January 31, 2015 - ISIS releases a video online showing the decapitated body of journalist Kenji Goto.
February 3, 2015 - Video and still images posted online by ISIS supporters apparently show Jordanian military pilot Moath al-Kasasbeh being burned alive while confined in a cage. Jordanian state TV says that al-Kaseasbeh was killed on January 3.
February 5, 2015 - Jordanian fighter jets carry out airstrikes over Syria, reportedly hitting ISIS training centers and arms and ammunition depots in ISIS's de facto capital, Raqqa. Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh claims the airstrikes are just the beginning of Jordan's retaliation over the murder of Moath al-Kasasbeh.
February 6, 2015 - In an online post, ISIS claims that Jordanian airstrikes killed American hostage Kayla Jean Mueller. The post contains a picture of a collapsed building, which ISIS claims Mueller was buried beneath. There is no proof of her death. Jordanian Interior Minister Hussein Majali calls the online post a "PR stunt." The Pentagon estimates ISIS has about 20,000 to 30,000 fighters.
February 10, 2015 - Kayla Mueller's family announces she is dead, after receiving confirmation from ISIS, including a photo of her wrapped in a burial shroud.
February 11, 2015 - U.S. President Barack Obama asks Congress to formally authorize use of military force against ISIS.
February 15, 2015 - In a new propaganda video released by ISIS, the group appears to behead 21 Egyptian Christians on a Libyan beach. On February 16th, Egyptian warplanes stage airstrikes against ISIS targets in Libya in retaliation.
February 20, 2015 - Three simultaneous suicide car bomb blasts kill at least 30 and injure more than 40 in Gobba, Libya. Wilayat al-Barqa, the Libyan branch of ISIS, claims responsibility for the explosions.
February 22, 2015 - ISIS releases a new propaganda video, which appears to show at least 21 Kurdish Peshmerga fighters in cages paraded down Iraqi streets. The last scene of the video shows them alive, but a man threatens, "We say to the Peshmerga: Leave your jobs or your fate will be like these, either the cage or under the ground."
February 26, 2015 - "Jihadi John," the disguised man with a British accent who appears in ISIS videos as the executioner of Western hostages, has been identified as Mohammed Emwazi, a Kuwaiti-born Londoner. On the same day, ISIS releases a video of its fighters destroying antiquities at the Mosul Museum.
March 1, 2015 - Without explanation, ISIS releases 19 Christian prisoners from a group of 220 Assyrians captured the week prior in northern Syria.
March 4, 2015 - ISIS releases images of a man being thrown off a building in Raqqa, Syria. This is one in at least half a dozen cases in which ISIS has killed a man for allegedly being homosexual.
March 5, 2015 - Iraq's Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities announces that ISIS has razed the ancient city of Nimrud by bulldozing the site.
March 7, 2015 - In an audio message purportedly from leader Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram pledges allegiance to ISIS.
March 12, 2015 - In an audio message, a speaker purportedly identified ISIS spokesman Abu Mohammed al Adnani, claims the caliphate has expanded to western Africa and that ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has accepted Boko Haram's the pledge of allegiance. On the same day, ISIS blows up the Iraqi army headquarters north of Ramadi, killing at least 40 Iraqi soldiers.

The Levant is just the region in Southwest Asia where ISIS/ISIL is based, and/or a word meaning "to rise."

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Many true Muslims, especially Sunni Muslims, know that Mohammed thought that he was teaching Christianity, but he fell for the old Gnostic heresy that said that God lied about the crucifixion. He just could not believe that God would have allowed Jesus to actually be crucified. Unfortunately, both Sts Peter and Paul were adamant that that is the core of the Gospel Anyway, Mohammed specifically forbade waging war against either Christians or Jews. The Crusades were a response to all the Muslims who ignored this essential part of Mohammed's teachings. ISIL has gone so much against this teaching and gone further to wage war against other Muslims that they have brought other Muslims into the war against them. We need to encourage the moderates in our old ally Iran and hope that the people of Iran will depose the Ayatollahs and again become the power for stability and peace in the East.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Regardless of what these people may say they believe they represent the religion and that's all that matters. The rest of the world will see it as a representation of the relation regardless simply because of all these different terrorist groups that have popped up in the area claiming the religion as an excuse for their actions. Either way they're going to paint a bad picture of the religion as every other terrorist organization has in the past.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Regardless of what these people may say they believe they represent the religion and that's all that matters. The rest of the world will see it as a representation of the relation regardless simply because of all these different terrorist groups that have popped up in the area claiming the religion as an excuse for their actions. Either way they're going to paint a bad picture of the religion as every other terrorist organization has in the past.

This is true. The majority of people get their information about Islam from the media. Now Islam is only ever mentioned by the media in relation to terrorism. The truth is that the majority of Muslims do not follow the interpretation of Islam that ISIS etc do. Nobody understands that though as only the extreme side is reported.

We have Christian extremists too. What about Hitler or the WBC? Those who stand outside abortion clinics and shoot doctors? Despicable people but in no way representative of the religion as a whole.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
User911 you are spot on! This political correctness has got to stop blinding us to the truth about Islam! Their "prophet" was a man of loose morals who thought nothing of marrying children! My question is, if you practice Islam, where is YOUR voice in all this? Are you doing everything you can to stop the radicals from "hi-jacking" your religion?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
With all due respect, I feel you may have missed the point I was trying to make. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference what Jesus and Mohammed did and didn't do. I was trying to point out that atrocities have been committed in the name of the Christian religion as well as Islam. Of course the acts of Hitler and the ob-gyn murderers were completely anti-Christian (as are the acts of the WBC but I don't notice you slating them. Do you think they are representitive of Christianity?), just as the acts of ISIS are completely un-Islamic.

I know enough about Christianity to say that Jesus wouldn't tar all Muslims with the same brush.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I was trying to objectively debate with these two clowns but every time I get hold of them they run away. The know that I'm going to destroy all their subjective arguments and tear them apart.

Luck 19:27 Tells us that Jesus says this:

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

We as Muslims don't believe that this verse is the word of Jesus may all peace and blessing be upon him.

@User911 @thegrey

You want to debate with me on the bible and Islam here I am waiting for an OK.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
@User911

Jesus shared same religion of people in his society. He is described as a reform Jew by Jewish scholars. However, his real purpose was to clarify some matters in regards to areas where his people went astray. He didn't need to fight anybody. And didnt have means to either.

Muhammad on other hand didn't share beliefs of members in his society which led to his alienation. He never stole, of you're referring to war booty, that is not stealing. Moses also fought in battles. This is normal. Battles don't always have to be defensive, as God prescribed Moses to conquer the canaanites. Muhammad and his followers didn't resort to violence except only when needed. Rather they migrated to Ethiopia. And Christian king protected them, this king also embraced Islam and became Muslim.

The violence in the Muslim world has many complexities and factors. It can't be explained in one narrative. Each conflict has its reasons. Some may have religious overtones.

For arguments sake though, God does use death as form of punishment. In past he did this against Noahs tribe, Lot, Pharoh, etc.... You must be sensitive person and dying is very scary affair for you. But in Islam it isn't, since the next life is when life begins. In Islam there's a lot determination and acceptance of death. This is because the teachings of Islam inspire courage but also intense love for God to point where they safrifice their bodies at any moment. So killling people is sometimes used by God whether through floods as with Noahd tribes or conquest as Moses and Jews did in Canaan. You may find that scary, that means you probably don't believe God punishes people. You believe there are no tribulations in life and it will be easy and smooth transition to Paradis. That's not the case , it's opositie. God created hell, if wars scare you then hell teroffy you. You need to accept that God does punish people. And you need to develop stronger heart by getting closer to him. Once you reach level of faith, it won't scare you at all.

i believe this is your problem, youd like it to be an easy afffair. However it isn't, it's a tough tribulation. It's frightening to know one moment in our lives we will die and be judged by God. We will meet our creator who will know each single one of us better than our mothers do. So when he speaks to you face to face on thst day, he will ask you to present your actions. And that day excuses will not be accepted d. He will ask you, didn't I warn you in my revalations? so why did you doubt me? It will be so surreal and shocking to meet our Lord. But for people close to him, they don't fear nothing in this life and only fear him. therefore he will make sure they have no fear that day.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I was trying to objectively debate with these two clowns but every time I get hold of them they run away. The know that I'm going to destroy all their subjective arguments and tear them apart.

We as Muslims don't believe that this verse is the word of Jesus may all peace and blessing be upon him.

@User911 @thegrey

Clowns? Clowns? I sir, do not argue with people who resort to name-calling! My time is more valuable than yours obviously!

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Clowns? Clowns? I sir, do not argue with people who resort to name-calling! My time is more valuable than yours obviously!

That is your excuse to run away from the argument.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Look, this conversation is on the verge of going off-tangent. It doesn't matter what your religion is. Religion only has one goal: to praise the God we've come to know by doing good here on earth. So if you're on a killing spree and making off money by threatening innocent lives, then what does that make you? Even if you claim you're doing it for Allah, since consciously murdering people is the highest form of evil a human can do, then you obviously don't have a religion. You're a simple murderer bound for damnation.

Now back to the topic of defense, because of those self-righteous terrorists' "religious" delusions of grandeur, they're disrupting what little peace is left in already troubled countries. Countries in the Middle East have deep-seated internal issues. With terrorists running amok, they'd have a hard time defending their territories. Unlike ISIS members that don't really have anything to lose, Iran and Syria have everything to lose - their sovereignty, their government, their people and peace.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Many true Muslims, especially Sunni Muslims, know that Mohammed thought that he was teaching Christianity, but he fell for the old Gnostic heresy that said that God lied about the crucifixion. He just could not believe that God would have allowed Jesus to actually be crucified. Unfortunately, both Sts Peter and Paul were adamant that that is the core of the Gospel Anyway, Mohammed specifically forbade waging war against either Christians or Jews. The Crusades were a response to all the Muslims who ignored this essential part of Mohammed's teachings. ISIL has gone so much against this teaching and gone further to wage war against other Muslims that they have brought other Muslims into the war against them. We need to encourage the moderates in our old ally Iran and hope that the people of Iran will depose the Ayatollahs and again become the power for stability and peace in the East.
I agree with 'the old Gnostic heresy.' Peter's & Paul's writings were PROPAGANDA designed to convince Jews that the 'True Gospel' (that God saves us because he chooses to ... sort of the same as the "gospel" of Islam) was true, offering the 'Jesus went and paid your debt in full'-story as "proof"---kinda like a "receipt."

Sorry. I'm not buying your commentary. Why? The proof is ALL OVER the islamic world. If islam was truly as you say, then in nations where islam is dominant, women would be treated with dignity and respect. They aren't. Little girls would not be forced to marry at ages 12 and even younger. There would not be followers of islam who have multiple wives (very disrespectful to women). There would be NO decapitations anywhere done "in the name of allah". And the list of atrocities goes on and on....

Followers of islam have been fighting each other since not long after mohammed died and they have tried to take over other nations for centuries. Right now, ISIS is simply doing what followers of islam have always been doing for 1,400 years.

If islam was as you say, the world would be able to clearly see that followers of islam treat (all) others with respect, they are a non-warring people, they have a strong moral compass that does not include murder, rape, incest, thievery, etc. This simply is not so.

Followers of islam have had centuries to work out any kinds or misunderstandings of their doctrine. There is no excuse anymore for millions of muslims to simply "misunderstand" what their "faith" teaches.
If you go looking for something wrong with a religion, something wrong is what you will find.

The sculpture does not emerge from the clay until you mold-off & scrape-away all the parts that AREN'T the sculpture (paraphrasing something a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle namesake said).

That's why it's important that we look at them clearly as 'acting on their own separate group's insanity' and not 'in the name of Islam or Allah or Muslims or Muhammed (however it's spelled) or any other established flavor of Flying Spaghetti Monster."

User911 you are spot on! This political correctness has got to stop blinding us to the truth about Islam! Their "prophet" was a man of loose morals who thought nothing of marrying children! My question is, if you practice Islam, where is YOUR voice in all this? Are you doing everything you can to stop the radicals from "hi-jacking" your religion?
Did you not read what thomas pendrake wrote above?

Christian extremists (if there is such a thing) would be people like Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Billy Graham. All three of these people have been very devout about their faith and tried very hard not just to talk the talk, but walk the walk. You must not know what Jesus taught and how His life VASTLY differs from what mohammed taught and lived. Did Jesus ever kill anyone? No. Mohammed did. Did Jesus ever steal anything from anyone else? No. Mohammed did. He was quite famous for his raids and capturing booty from others. Did Jesus ever own slaves or advocate slavery? No. Mohammed owned slaves and used females for sex slaves as well.
Do you know who one of the main writers of the Bible was? It was a Pharisee (church-authority) who regularly killed or imprisoned MANY Christians!

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA

@User911 @thegrey

I trust you meant Luke 19:27, in which Jesus was relating what "a certain nobleman" said (I have made a few typos myself). I would like to refer you to Matthew 25:31ff.
By the way, I thought that Mohammed said that the Bible is the word of God. Yes, Saladin said that Mohammed didn't know what he was talking about. Of course, that did frequently seem to be the case. Mohammed taught that God didn't have the faith to keep his promise to Abraham, and did then lie to covert it up. Sorry, Muslims, that was JESUS in the flesh on the cross (Gnostics and Mohammed taught that God put a fake Jesus on the cross) .
Mohammed said Jesus was born of a virgin, conceived of the Holy Ghost, but then didn't like the fact that God's word said "begotten Son" (as opposed to adopted). Yes, Mohammed WAS obsessed with sex, judging by how many women he had as either wives or concubines. Only one girl, Aisha, was among his wives, and he was supposed to have been reluctant to marry her because she was so young. She was one of the great intellectual leaders of Sunni Islam, and is the reason that women are often treated well in Islam, compared to how women are treated in many parts of the world. Yes ISIL and the "Taliban" are horrific in their mistreatment of women.
In the last few years, Christianity has vastly improved the treatment of women, and has usually treated women better than most other religions. This has been more true in non-Roman branches of Christianity. St Thecla is far more important in Orthodox Christianity than in the Roman church. In the early Christian church, women were often among the leaders, and St Priscilla was actually the first Bishop of Rome. Her chapel in the catacombs was recently cleaned enough to see the mural of her "delivering mass". Paul actually endorsed women preachers, but said it wasn't his idea, he didn't approve, but God did.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I trust you meant Luke 19:27, in which Jesus was relating what "a certain nobleman" said (I have made a few typos myself). I would like to refer you to Matthew 25:31ff.

Yes I mean Luck 19:27 when Jesus peace be upon him was talking about his earthly kingdom.

Many other like it:

Deuteronomy 17:12
Exodus 22:17
Exodus 22:19
Leviticus 20:10
Leviticus 20:13
Leviticus 20:27
Chronicles 15:12-13

Now that was a response to @User911 and @thegrey because the were talking about killing and peace loving.

I read Matthew talking about the judgment day.

By the way, I thought that Mohammed said that the Bible is the word of God.

Muslims believe in the revelation given to Jesus not the bible. The bible contains the words of Mark, Luck, Matthew, John, historians, Jesus and God.

Yes, Saladin said that Mohammed didn't know what he was talking about. Of course, that did frequently seem to be the case. Mohammed taught that God didn't have the faith to keep his promise to Abraham, and did then lie to covert it up.

That is not true. Please quote what Saladin and Mohammad said and that God didn't have the faith to his promise to Abraham. Bring me what Mohammed peace be upon him says. I don't want others words but Mohammed peace be upon him words.

Sorry, Muslims, that was JESUS in the flesh on the cross (Gnostics and Mohammed taught that God put a fake Jesus on the cross) .

Yes Jesus peace be upon him wasn't crucified and I can prove that using your own bible. Jesus disciples didn't witness to the alleged crucifixion but heard from people hearsay that Jesus peace be upon him was crucified. Matthew 26:65 ( then all the disciples deserted him and fled). After the alleged crucifixion in the third day Jesus peace be upon him returned to the upper room where his decibels were. Luck 24:36 ( While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you). And it continues ( They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost). Jesus said "Why are you frightened? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

So why he tells them behold my hands and feet? to prove what? that he is a spirit?

Luck 24:24 (And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, "Do you have anything here to eat? They gave him a piece of broiled fish and of an honeycomb and he took it and ate before them.

Again do spirit eat? He was trying to prove to them that its he himself.

Mohammed said Jesus was born of a virgin, conceived of the Holy Ghost, but then didn't like the fact that God's word said "begotten Son" (as opposed to adopted).

The word ''begotten Son'' has been thrown out of the bible as a fabrication. Jesus isn't the begotten son of God nor he was God. There is no unequivocal statement in the bible where jesus peace be upon him said Im God or worship me. He said I can of self do nothing. Luck 5:30 (By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me).

Yes, Mohammed WAS obsessed with sex, judging by how many women he had as either wives or concubines.

That doesn't prove he was obsessed with sex. All of his wives were widows except Aisha. Solomon had 700 wives does that means he was obsessed with sex? No. Abraham had three wives. Moses had two wives.

Only one girl, Aisha, was among his wives, and he was supposed to have been reluctant to marry her because she was so young. She was one of the great intellectual leaders of Sunni Islam, and is the reason that women are often treated well in Islam, compared to how women are treated in many parts of the world. Yes ISIL and the "Taliban" are horrific in their mistreatment of women.

In the last few years, Christianity has vastly improved the treatment of women, and has usually treated women better than most other religions. This has been more true in non-Roman branches of Christianity. St Thecla is far more important in Orthodox Christianity than in the Roman church. In the early Christian church, women were often among the leaders, and St Priscilla was actually the first Bishop of Rome. Her chapel in the catacombs was recently cleaned enough to see the mural of her "delivering mass". Paul actually endorsed women preachers, but said it wasn't his idea, he didn't approve, but God did.

Let me refer you to this link so that you learn about women in Islam.
Islams Women - Women's Rights in Islam

On a side note: Islam is the only religion on earth which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus peace be upon him. No Muslim is a Muslim if he/she doesn't believe in Jesus as a messenger of God. We believe in his miraculous birth. We believe his he was born without male in intervention and we believe that he gave life to the dead by God's permission and that he healed those born blind and the lepers by god's permission

Last edited:

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
You are being an apologist for terrorist acts by saying they do not represent Islam. They might not represent Muslims as whole, but they are represent actual passages that are in the Koran. Look it up, they are reading the Koran and doing what it says to do in the words written.

I personally am not a Christian, but to say the WBC is the Christian equivalent makes Christianity look great. On the Muslim side you have beheadings, slavery, rape. And with the Christians you have offensive language and protest. I live in Kansas and they have not affected my daily life, Islamic extremist have.

Status
Not open for further replies.