Israel wants $4.5 billion a year in U.S. Aid | World Defense

Israel wants $4.5 billion a year in U.S. Aid

Ahmed JO

Reactions
179 0 0
Country
Jordan
Israel reportedly wants the U.S. to increase its annual defense assistance package by half, to an average $4.5 billion.

Defense News reported this weekend that Israel and U.S. officials have in recent months begun negotiations on the next 10-year aid package. The previous package, negotiated by the George W. Bush and Ehud Olmert governments in 2007, averaged $3 billion of assistance each year, for a total of $30 billion, from 2007-2017.

The government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wants that to increase to $42-45 billion over the 2018-2028 period, Defense News reported, adding that President Barack Obama during his March 2013 visit to Israel “endorsed in principle” that range.

Defense News quotes “U.S. and Israeli experts” as saying that the amount would be separate from any package the United States offered Israel as compensation for the Iran nuclear deal now being negotiated between Iran and the major powers.

Like the defense assistance package currently in place, it is also separate from the $1.2 billion in materiel the United States stores in Israel and which under certain conditions is available for Israeli use, and from the approximately $500 million in U.S. funds provided to Israeli anti-missile development each year.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
US response: Yes Sir. But why? Because jews wrote the bible but but...they killed Jesus! Shut up and write the cheque. The money are going to kill Muslims after all....Both jumped out of joy (agreed).

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Uncle Sam is a sucker, he will cough up more aide for Israel. Uncle Sam likes throwing around aide like a drunken sailor. Probably Uncle Sam should rethink his foreign policy, he gives military aide to Islamic countries like Pakistan and Egypt, then he gives military aide to Israel. Yes this will turn out really good, I can just feel it.

Anyway wait for it, but I predict that Pakistan and Egypt will be wanting their military aide increased also.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
I understand giving military aid to your allies. What I do not understand is giving military aid to random countries that are not your allies. Also with the US government also spending a bit more than they can realistically afford to, I think it would simply be foolish to increase the amount they are giving to others. So yeah, they will probably do just that.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Since I was in grade school, there is already a link between Israel and US. I cannot describe what link it is but it is obvious that those 2 countries would stand by each other. What about if US will be a war with China? Israel would definitely lift a hand to help its comrade.

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
US response: Yes Sir. But why? Because jews wrote the bible but but...they killed Jesus! Shut up and write the cheque. The money are going to kill Muslims after all....Both jumped out of joy (agreed).

:-E

No it's not that.

The real answer is (As from the beginning of humanity) always ‘political power and money’ (Together).

American Israel Public Affairs Committee

Accusations of usury and profiteering (They only did - In the beginning - what we ordered them)

Bank

Wall Street

Last edited:

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
So we are giving that much money to Isreal each year, and yet people want to complain about the money we spend to take care of our own citizens? Isreal is more important than Ameicsn citizens eating? If he Mexicans are allowed in Ameics they will be taking jobs and money from our own citizens, but lets give billions upon billions in aid to Isreal each year? It is so sad that this isn't a joke. Those are really screwed up priorities.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
So we are giving that much money to Isreal each year, and yet people want to complain about the money we spend to take care of our own citizens? Isreal is more important than Ameicsn citizens eating? If he Mexicans are allowed in Ameics they will be taking jobs and money from our own citizens, but lets give billions upon billions in aid to Isreal each year? It is so sad that this isn't a joke. Those are really screwed up priorities.
you got it wrong. those mexicans might send money back home. but they live and work in the states. so that means their money is circulated back into the American economy like buying goods, food and accommodation etc...
mexicans & israelis are not the same.
plus the other thing i dont understand about the US government how do they allow Americans that have Israeli passports and joined the Israeli army to work in sensitive positions in the US ?!
its clearly that israeli citizens have more priority than americans in the US lol

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

lol lol lol D:-D

Welcome in the real word Dorothy ! Very good read.

When former CIA chief David Petraeus enraged the Israel lobby

The Cost of Israel to the American People

Washington's Military Aid to Israel

Israel: Background and U.S. Relations (Congressional Research service) - PDF

Israel lobby in the United States

Samson Option

“We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.”

Jericho III - ICBM (11,500 km)

According to an official report which was submitted to the American congress in 2004, it may be that with a payload of 1,000 kg the Jericho III gives Israel nuclear strike capabilities within the entire Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and almost all parts of North America, as well as within large parts of South America and North Oceania.”

My pleasure... (*_-)

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I really would like to go to Oz. everything there makes so much more sense. I knew we were giving them money. The seperation of church and state mandates that we give money, and lots of it, to gods chosen people. But I had no idea it was that much. They could at least pass it under the table so that all of us here, supplying the billions of dollars, don't realize we aren't daddy'S favorite.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
you got it wrong. those mexicans might send money back home. but they live and work in the states. so that means their money is circulated back into the American economy like buying goods, food and accommodation etc...
mexicans & israelis are not the same.
plus the other thing i dont understand about the US government how do they allow Americans that have Israeli passports and joined the Israeli army to work in sensitive positions in the US ?!
its clearly that israeli citizens have more priority than americans in the US lol
yes, that's exactly how it is. We aren't gods chosen people so we don't matter all that much. I'm curious, though, if we are giving that kind of money to Israel, what is our government getting in return?

Bubblegum Crisis

Professional
Reactions
230 5 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
yes, that's exactly how it is. We aren't gods chosen people so we don't matter all that much. I'm curious, though, if we are giving that kind of money to Israel, what is our government getting in return?

The senators and the members of your governments (Republicans and Democrats), the money individually by corruption. When the American people and the American nation, absolutely nothing, except to serve for their unique interest.

Your military power. ^ ^

Revealing Israel's Nuclear Secrets

Critical Technological Assessment in Israel and NATO Nations (PDF)

Your technologies. ^ ^

Israel Won’t Stop Spying on the U.S.

Say thank you to your very very good friends. That lead you (USA) slowly but surely to your loss. ^ ^

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
It might sound like a cliché or biased but have you ever heard of AIPAC?
If you do,it doesnt matter if Republican or democrate,you will always ''aid'' Israel.
I dont care who is getting military aid or not from the US,just stating facts.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
It might sound like a cliché or biased but have you ever heard of AIPAC?
If you do,it doesnt matter if Republican or democrate,you will always ''aid'' Israel.
I dont care who is getting military aid or not from the US,just stating facts.
Well, now I've heard of aipac. And I'm feeling a little discouraged. I'm not opposed to helping people, but the American government should not consider anyone more important than its own citizens. That could easily give people the impression that our government isn't always on the up & up. Nobody wants that to happen.