Israeli drone crashes in Lebanon for second time in 3 weeks

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Last Updated: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 12:45
Untitled-2wa.jpg

Beirut: An Israeli drone crashed in the northern Lebanese port city of Tripoli on Saturday, the military said, in the second such incident in three weeks.

"At around 8:30 am (0530 GMT), a drone belonging to the Israeli enemy went down in the port of Tripoli," the Lebanese military said in a statement, without elaborating.

On June 21, Israel carried out an air strike in eastern Lebanon to destroy one of its drones that had crashed in the mountains outside the village of Saghbine.

AFP

First Published: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 12:45
Israeli drone crashes in Lebanon for second time in 3 weeks | Zee News

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
When you say drone, does that mean the aircraft is unmanned? From what I understand, a drone is a spy aircraft which can be a plane or helicopter in appearance but smaller which is operated by remote control. Now, those drones that crashed in Lebanon clearly shows proof of the snooping of the owner of the drone, i.e. Israel. And what did Israel say about it? I'm curious of their alibi.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
When you say drone, does that mean the aircraft is unmanned? From what I understand, a drone is a spy aircraft which can be a plane or helicopter in appearance but smaller which is operated by remote control. Now, those drones that crashed in Lebanon clearly shows proof of the snooping of the owner of the drone, i.e. Israel. And what did Israel say about it? I'm curious of their alibi.

Yeah, true. When we say " drone " we mean a something unmanned and doesn't require a human operator. So, it can fly autonomously or be piloted remotely. The name " drone " have no link with the use. The drone (or the UAV) can be used for spying, attacking , surveillance ...etc.

Let's agree that Lebanese and Hezbollah militias can't prosecute Israel even if they have a strong evidence like the crashed drone,so the Israelis response won't be different than ever before. Since it's not the first crash or the latest crash, the Israelis usually determine the crash location and destroy the drone by an air strike, and if they have no chance to destroy it or if it doesn't contain sensitive content they leave it like an expendable stuff .