JF-17 related news. | Page 3 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I think I have seen PAF f-16 with an indigenous missile hocked up in it.

what ever has been surfacing in news, ever since 27th Feb. and what you witnessed.... I start to believe that integration of weapons had been both ways. i.e. Pakistani weapons on to F-16, similarly western weapons on to jF-17.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Most likely.

1569321167155.png

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
COULD A WESTERN RADAR WORK ON THE JF-17?

The centerpiece of the JF-17 Block 3, the upcoming (and most extensive) development of the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) backbone fighter aircraft, will be its active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar.
With the PAF Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Chief Marshal (ACM) Mujahid Anwar Khan, expressing hope for inducting the Block 3 in March 2020[1], the PAF is expected to decide on a radar by the end of 2019.
The leading candidates are the Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology (NRIET) KLJ-7A, Leihua Electronic Technology Research Institute (LETRI) LKF601E, and Leonardo Grifo-E. Though the PAF is largely expected to select a Chinese AESA radar, the Grifo-E is, reportedly, still a factor.
The Grifo-E’s continuing inclusion in the mix is interesting because Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) had reportedly stated that it did not expect the PAF to select a Western AESA radar. AVIC’s rationale was that neither party would share its respective source-codes.[2]
If this is still the case, then the PAF’s reported interest in the Grifo-E would imply that it is interested in a Western air-to-air and air-to-surface munitions suite. If not, then the Grifo-E would suggest that the PAF has an alternative route, perhaps a third-party (i.e., non-European and non-Chinese) source.
Background on the Leonardo Grifo-E
The Grifo-E uses an undisclosed number of gallium nitride (GaN)-based transmit/receive modules (TRM). Compared to older gallium arsenide (GaA)-based TRMs, GaN-based TRMs are more energy efficient, and can offer better performance/output as well as a longer lifecycle.
In promoting its own GaN technology, Saab outlined that GaN-based AESA radars would enable for small and lightweight fighters to deploy high-performance AESA radars. In other words, GaN would help offset limitations in internal space, weight, and power-consumption requirements.
In terms of the radar’s performance, Leonardo outlined that the Grifo-E can track 24 targets in its track-while-scan (TWS) mode. It can track “fighter-sized targets” at over 138 km in track formation range mode, and 157 km-plus in look-up detection range mode. In its air-to-air mode, the Grifo-E can track up to eight targets. In addition, the Grifo-E has simultaneous air-to-air and air-to-surface modes.
In its specification sheet, Leonardo also lists a large number of other features, including synthetic aperture radar (SAR) with ground-moving target-indication (GMTI), sea surface search and track, inverse SAR, air-to-ground ranging, and other capabilities. It also features core AESA radar capabilities, such as elevated resistance to electronic warfare (EW) and electronic countermeasures (ECM)…

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
1572018017352.png

Was wondering after observing this pic, taking into account see-saw or balance example, don't you guys think that once one of the cm-400 is launched, aircraft would side heavily to other side carrying the load, TILT, due to it being having a mass of a ton, unless and until the pilot expects to lauch the other one as well or launch both together using some sort of smart auto launch to have a timer for both pylons OR the pilots expects to go back home riding a 4 wheel cycle without the rear right/left wheel or just hand over control to Flight Management System to calibrate.

Just after thinking this, i can only wonder to how much extent an airforce pilot is trained/educated to counter/face thousands of unique scenerios. Must be experience of a lifetime
@Counter-Errorist @Khafee @Mastankhan

Last edited:

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
And hence the reason why flankers are best suited for naval ops due to range and dual engine (Dual engine provides a wide axis to roll as compared to single engine which is like you are hanging on a single rod compared to hanging on 2 rods with one hand on each, greater balance and stability),

Better A2A capabilities
Better AShW
Longer range
Serve as a truck of A2A missiles to complement a Group of thunders or mirages or ZDK-03/Saab-2000 and compensate for the inability of thunders/mirages to carry upcoming under-development PL-21 Ramjet and PL-XX which will be VLRAAM

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
View attachment 11459

Was wondering after observing this pic, taking into account see-saw or balance example, don't you guys think that once one of the cm-400 is launched, aircraft would side heavily to other side carrying the load, TILT, due to it being having a mass of a ton, unless and until the pilot expects to lauch the other one as well or launch both together using some sort of smart auto launch to have a timer for both pylons OR the pilots expects to go back home riding a 4 wheel cycle without the rear right/left wheel or just hand over control to Flight Management System to calibrate.

Just after thinking this, i can only wonder to how much extent an airforce pilot is trained/educated to counter/face thousands of unique scenerios. Must be experience of a lifetime
@Counter-Errorist @Khafee @Mastankhan

Heavier load-outs are positioned close to the center of gravity. My guess is that it's not much noticeable. Landing with an asymmetrical load seems problematic though. I'd think fly-by-wire would make it easier to correct and maintain.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
And hence the reason why flankers are best suited for naval ops due to range and dual engine (Dual engine provides a wide axis to roll as compared to single engine which is like you are hanging on a single rod compared to hanging on 2 rods with one hand on each, greater balance and stability),

Better A2A capabilities
Better AShW
Longer range
Serve as a truck of A2A missiles to complement a Group of thunders or mirages or ZDK-03/Saab-2000 and compensate for the inability of thunders/mirages to carry upcoming under-development PL-21 Ramjet and PL-XX which will be VLRAAM

As they say with cars, there's no replacement for displacement.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Guess what I got? ‘∞‘

EGi5edEX4AAjMKW - Copy.jpg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Btw Guys, the Americans and Chinese are working on missiles having both infrared & radar seekers, which will not only be A2A, but A2G AND can be used to knock out opponents A2A missiles.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Btw Guys, the Americans and Chinese are working on missiles having both infrared & radar seekers, which will not only be A2A, but A2G AND can be used to knock out opponents A2A missiles.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear this type of news from our end as well. Judging by the record, we are directly jumping to innovation with having little but good experience of different things

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
And now, i have a firm believe that we won't be seeing Block 3-A in any near future until 2021, PAC/CAC are still improvising the B, they have made B as a better version of B1 and 2, Tried different things with fuel tanks and adjustments, can use both their assessments to have an ultimate version in the name of Block 3-A, and when that happens, i would safely assume that we will get a hell lot of orders from some countries including maybe an arab country such as Egypt. Cooperation and relations have been increasing with them for some years now.