JF-17 related news. | Page 50 | World Defense

JF-17 related news.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Difficult to be 100% precise, given that this is just a mock up, but could be PL15.
1632561969000.png

This is what a YJ-12 looks like, its mid placed fins are missing in the mock up missile.
1632562293000.png

@Mingle this is an HD-1, it has a booster at the rear, which this mock missile is missing. But without a booster, could be.

1632562554600.png

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
The Government of Argentina has officially included $664 Million in funding for the purchase of 12 PAC JF-17A Block III fighters from Pakistan in a draft budget for 2022 presented to its Parliament.
The two nations have had friendly relations for a while, Argentina has been part of the consensus in favor of the resolution put forward by Pakistan on the right to self-determination which is debated annually at the General Assembly of the United Nations.

Pakistan has voted in favor of the UN Resolution stipulating that “the continued existence of colonialism is incompatible with the ideal of universal peace held by the United Nations”, which has relevance for the Falklands Islands issue. The chair of the Pakistan Senate has said of the relationship that “Pakistan and Argentina have very close cooperation in various fields and unanimity of views on international issues”.
The JF-17 Thunder is a single-engine multi-role combat aircraft developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation of China. The builders say that the JF-17 can be used for multiple roles, including interception, ground attack, anti-ship, and aerial reconnaissance.

58% of the JF-17 airframe, including its front fuselage, wings, and vertical stabiliser, is produced in Pakistan, whereas 42% is produced in China, with the final assembly taking place in Pakistan.
so it seems that the Indians are very upset right now, that Argentina decided to procure 12 JF-17s (a multirole jet already in production and on the export market) rather then wait another 3-4 years for the Tejas. I know it's disappointing (Lol)

another article (a few months old) stated the JF-17 Block III is "expensive" for Argentina, and they need to focus on the Tejas

while, the JF-17 may not be my favorite jet on the market, but setting aside the personal opinions and views here, I do respect the JF-17 to a big degree
1. while Indians boasted that JF-17 was "failure" and such, at least JF-17 didn't take nearly ~3 decades to go through development unlike their Tejas.
2. JF-17 is also marketed to fit any customers needs whether they want US/NATO tech, Chinese Tech or combo of both, at least the JF-17 can fit any nation's needs expanding their export capability
3. unlike the Tejas, JF-17 already has 2 foreign customers (Myanmar & Nigeria), with Argentina being the 3rd customer for said jet.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
so it seems that the Indians are very upset right now, that Argentina decided to procure 12 JF-17s (a multirole jet already in production and on the export market) rather then wait another 3-4 years for the Tejas. I know it's disappointing (Lol)

another article (a few months old) stated the JF-17 Block III is "expensive" for Argentina, and they need to focus on the Tejas

while, the JF-17 may not be my favorite jet on the market, but setting aside the personal opinions and views here, I do respect the JF-17 to a big degree
1. while Indians boasted that JF-17 was "failure" and such, at least JF-17 didn't take nearly ~3 decades to go through development unlike their Tejas.
2. JF-17 is also marketed to fit any customers needs whether they want US/NATO tech, Chinese Tech or combo of both, at least the JF-17 can fit any nation's needs expanding their export capability
3. unlike the Tejas, JF-17 already has 2 foreign customers (Myanmar & Nigeria), with Argentina being the 3rd customer for said jet.

4. It is battle tested. Feb 2019 2x Jf17 struck targets inside Indian Occupied Kashmir with standoff munitions. They were also part of the fighter sweep that kept the IAF at bay.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
full dozen or half?

Ideally a pack of full dozen was sought for 1st batch but different matters played at hand such as;

1) Confirmed Export orders or No-Export orders
2) Future Orders by PAF itself after current Production batch of 2 years
3) If no more Thunder orders are placed by PAF &/or Export customers, what to do with all the resources? Manpower + Machine.

So, probably a pack of 10 +/- 1 we could be seeing.

capricorn5192

Reactions
561 14 0
Country
Pakistan

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Russian and Indian diplomats in buenos aires are actively chasing this opportunity.
I understand Russia is pitching it's upcoming Su57, but Indians are only trying to make fool out of Argentinians, in which they will fail.
I wonder if India really had a product like jF-17, they probably have sold it to half the world. This is the difference in objectives between Indian and Pakistani diplomats.