Karachi Club | Page 2 | World Defense

Karachi Club

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
There used to be a place in Sadar called Nimko (?) . They had this amazing dish which was basically small pieces of pakora like thing mixed with sweet yogurt . I used to call it dahi phulki (?). I have tried to look for it here and even asked some of my patients who are from Karachi but no one seems to know what I am talking about. Do you guys know what this dish is called ?

ali razza

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,140 59 0
Country
Oman
Sometimes, I feel God has seen it fit to punish me, and relatives are his instrument. |0|
same story our side.
dada house was shared and my uncles started cat fights
we decided to give our share to my dead uncle sons.
house is worth 6 cror and 7 cror ki larai ho chuki ab tak
thankfully we r out

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
There used to be a place in Sadar called Nimko (?) . They had this amazing dish which was basically small pieces of pakora like thing mixed with sweet yogurt . I used to call it dahi phulki (?). I have tried to look for it here and even asked some of my patients who are from Karachi but no one seems to know what I am talking about. Do you guys know what this dish is called ?

it IS called Dahi Phulki and very commonly available here, Nimco is still there in Saddar, if you have someone flying from Khi to Canada i can ship them to you

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I belong to two clubs only, Islam and Pakistan.
There is no end to peeling an onion, in the end, one is left with nothing but unusable rotten core.
Bhai Sahab,

Islam is something we all belong to, and Pakistan, for some Arabs holds a special place, who would like it to be restored to its former glory.

Prior to 1988, and Gen Zia's death, Karachi was the summer capital for effluent Arabs. After 1988, PPP + MQM destroyed the city. People would go to Khi for summer instead of London or Europe.

I personally spent a lot of time in Khi, and have a lot of friends from there, it's been some time since I went there, but it holds special memories.

As to Onion, and Potato, that is my batmans headache, I dont get involved in such issues (:-)

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
it IS called Dahi Phulki and very commonly available here, Nimco is still there in Saddar, if you have someone flying from Khi to Canada i can ship them to you

Very nice of you to offer. I will definitely keep an eye out for someone coming from Karachi next time. Appreciate your offer but knowing what it’s called I will ask them to pick up few packets and bring . ?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Used to live in PECHS society, went to Gulistan school, left Karachi in 1989 at age 12 after someone wrote Punjabi kutton per Lanat hai on our wall. I have never been back as slowly my whole family moved to the USA/Canada/Norway. We still have a house there locked for almost 30 years. Portion is used by our neighbour who keeps it away from land mafia.
I really really wish some day to visit again and see places where I grew up. I remember going to place called Bundoo Khan and I can still taste the flavour of their paratha and halwa even after 30 years.
(:-) Just for my GK, did you run around with Mustard oil slobbered in your hair?<)0(>

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Very nice of you to offer. I will definitely keep an eye out for someone coming from Karachi next time. Appreciate your offer but knowing what it’s called I will ask them to pick up few packets and bring . ?

You have gotten me thinking, I need to have a Ramadan Iftari type dinner, snacks only! |0|

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan

what ever you need from Karachi let me know, where are you based? Ontario? our plans of immigration just went down the dump else would have loved to be there :(

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
(:-) Just for my GK, did you run around with Mustard oil slobbered in your hair?<)0(>

I mean the funny thing is that we are not really all Punjabi. I should say heavily mixed background. Anyways I guess we needed an excuse to move so thanks to our local MQM thug we are here in Canada and happy.
I guess my looks made MQM uncomfortable .... my old picture from Karachi days:

911CAF66-7A1C-4594-B766-CB08AF19AF18.jpeg

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
what ever you need from Karachi let me know, where are you based? Ontario? our plans of immigration just went down the dump else would have loved to be there :(

I hope your plans are only delayed and not postponed . If you don’t mind me asking what route you applied through? Regular or investors ?

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
I hope your plans are only delayed and not postponed . If you don’t mind me asking what route you applied through? Regular or investors ?

Regular, we wanted to come through express entry but our CRS points are low, so we were exploring the PNP stream, I am IT professional with Bsc Hons (WES verified) and my wife is a Dentist (she will be done with her Masters this year as well), our plans halted because of finances since you have to show 30k USD liquid cash which we don't have, our plan was to liquidate our house once everything goes through and move and get our property evaluated for the purpose but apparently fixed assets are not considered thus our plans came to screeching halt

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I mean the funny thing is that we are not really all Punjabi. I should say heavily mixed background. Anyways I guess we needed an excuse to move so thanks to our local MQM thug we are here in Canada and happy.
I guess my looks made MQM uncomfortable .... my old picture from Karachi days:

View attachment 13955
:xD: :xD: :xD:

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Regular, we wanted to come through express entry but our CRS points are low, so we were exploring the PNP stream, I am IT professional with Bsc Hons (WES verified) and my wife is a Dentist (she will be done with her Masters this year as well), our plans halted because of finances since you have to show 30k USD liquid cash which we don't have, our plan was to liquidate our house once everything goes through and move and get our property evaluated for the purpose but apparently fixed assets are not considered thus our plans came to screeching halt

The easiest way is through foreign investors in Western provinces .... you will have to live for two years in extreme cold but it’s worth it.
but yes finances need to be proven with your tax returns etc.
but everything is possible.
do you have an immigration lawyer you are using?

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
The easiest way is through foreign investors in Western provinces .... you will have to live for two years in extreme cold but it’s worth it.
but yes finances need to be proven with your tax returns etc.
but everything is possible.
do you have an immigration lawyer you are using?

Our neighbors son is a immigration lawyer there his name is Ali Naqvi, for the time being we have halted all efforts, once we have a clear picture will pursue again, yes it would be worth it, if you have anyone in mind let me know

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan