Lebanon Says Missiles Sent to Portland, Maine on Serbian Flight For Research Purposes | World Defense

Lebanon Says Missiles Sent to Portland, Maine on Serbian Flight For Research Purposes

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not sure what to think of this, but obviously it doesn't pass the sniff test. If it smells like explosives, it probably isn't for training purposes. The situation seems odd to me, and I think Serbian officials did the correct thing in intervening and removing the missiles. Lebanon: Missiles on Serbian flight bound for Oregon were for training If nothing else, it seems a very foolhardy move to shuttle military-style equipment that could cause alarm, through one or more foreign countries, without prior agreement or at least notice. If, as the article states, the equipment was being returned as agreed upon in advance by the United States and Lebanese officials, it seems odd that they wouldn't inform officials of any countries or territories through which the missiles would be traveling.

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
Like the meth and heroin shipments coming from other countries are merely for taste-testing and sight-seeing, you're right that this doesn't pass the smell test at all. What were they trying to research? How long it would take customs to find out they were shipping arms illegally to another place? It's insulting to the intelligence of the people who saw it being done blatantly while the ones doing it thought they could keep it under wraps. It's good that they caught it. It could have lead to some messed up stuff if they hadn't.